***Day Two Draft Thread***

JDSTAR

Reaction score
Im happy about the pick!! Does anyone know the exact time table? Would be nice to have a fresh Jaylon Smith in the playoffs.

RS12

Reaction score
Our doctor better know he'll recover. Heariing the war room show with Broaddus, they said there are doctors who have stated he has a 20% playing in the NFL. If at all.

Yep it wasnt Lattimore bad, but it was close.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Their message is plain.

What you saw is 2014 is us, not last year.

It was a bad dream.

They are drafting like a playoff team would.

Another year of Romo "hope" decided by the ORG probably very early. They treat Romo like he is superhuman. He's old and been injury prone. BUT!!!! when he plays we are competitive, head back in sand...:rolleyes:

Just hope Elliott allows him to revert back to a 3rd down QB. Love Romo, but I wince every time he is hit and just "hoping" that wasn't a major injury. His prime was wasted, but JJ wants him that ring, except for the IR 2nd round pick? Impulsive team to say the least.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With all the players still on the board that could have helped our depleted defense this year, why are we drafting a guy who may not even come back in true form next year? I hope I'm wrong. I hope Jalen comes back better then ever, but my god are we trying to "win now" or are we drafting for the future? Cause Romo is not getting any younger

No player we draft on the DL was likley to have much impact this year. Defensive lineman, even highly drafted ones usually dont have a big instant impact

jchap

Reaction score
Im happy about the pick!! Does anyone know the exact time table? Would be nice to have a fresh Jaylon Smith in the playoffs.

LOL you want a guy taking his first NFL snaps in the playoffs?!? His first action will be preseason 2017

conner01

Reaction score
I just find it more than a coincidence that our doctor did the surgery. I can't argue with those talking about the potential bust of this pick but man, if he will be okay with the knee then they got a top 5 pick at 34.

Who would know best? The surgeon. Who does that surgeon work for? The Cowboys.

I stand behind the move.

It's a risk but the upside is tremendous. I understand wanting a guy who can contribute this year and it's a valid argument but the talent along with the inside knowledge is hard to over look. As for him being picked too early, I don't see how any fan knows when a player like that is going to be picked

John813

Reaction score
Rather of traded for Lynch, than take Smith.

At least he fits our injured for his rookie season checklist for a 2nd round pick...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if he plays during the 2nd half of the season. Jerry knows something.:omg: Reading draft magazines and it says he has pass rush potential.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
it does seem like we could have gotten Smith in the 3rd. It seems like with our doctor doing the surgery that we were the only one who would have taken him. I'm really scratching my head.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that he is a huge talent, and hopefully rids us of McClain next year, but I have to make 2 assumptions

1. He would not have been there in the 3rd. 2nd rounders are a 4 year contract and only useful for maybe 3 at 2nd rd money
2. The Doctor emphatically said he will be good as new and not "there is a good chance he may recover." I will be curious to get the Drs perspective in an interview. I am not sure I trust interpretation.

You don't use that pick on him without a very positive report from the doctor.