***Day Two Draft Thread***

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Myles Jack would have been my choice. I understand the first round grade Jaylon Smith if he wasn't injured.

canters

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if he plays during the 2nd half of the season. Jerry knows something.:omg: Reading draft magazines and it says he has pass rush potential.

Jerry is known as a famed surgeon in NFL circles.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if he plays during the 2nd half of the season. Jerry knows something.:omg: Reading draft magazines and it says he has pass rush potential.

He is a freak athlete. When he got to Notre Dame they didn't know if he should play DE, LB, or Safety. He will get healthy and be a stud for us.

Reaction score
This is like buying a lottery ticket. Huge payoff, but a chance of getting nothing. Way too high to take him.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Debatable. Depends on his outlook. Some had him as the best player in the draft. The injury sucks, though.

By that logic you might as well take him at 4 overall then. He was probably the best player available then too, when healthy. Of course, that's the problem. He's not healthy.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Im happy about the pick!! Does anyone know the exact time table? Would be nice to have a fresh Jaylon Smith in the playoffs.

The exact timetable? There's a real chance the nerve may NEVER regenerate. This was the ultimate gamble by our riverboat gambler owner.

Hardline

Reaction score
Just look at it as a pre 2017 1st round draft pick. Thats what talked me off the ledge.

Did the Cowboys have a medial report the rest of the league didn't have? Investigation forth coming :)

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Smith was expected to tumble even further than this due to his gruesome knee injury, but the Cowboys' team doctor actually performed his surgery, so they know his medical records better than anyone. Smith (6'2/223) earned the 2015 Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker, finishing his three-year career with 24.5 tackles for loss as a 39-game starter. Unfortunately, Smith tore his ACL and LCL in January's Fiesta Bowl and won't be available for his rookie season. agnosed wi Due to nerve damage in the knee, there is concern Smith may never play again if his nerve doesn't "wake up." On game tape, Smith was an instinctive playmaker who drew comparisons to ex-49ers ILB Patrick Willis. To make good on his once-limitless promise, Smith is going to need good fortune. He was reporteodly dith "drp-foot" syndrome at the Combine.

Smith will be a force in 2017.

No one knows, see you own post "Due to nerve damage in the knee, there is concern Smith may never play again if his nerve doesn't "wake up."

Reaction score
I just find it more than a coincidence that our doctor did the surgery. I can't argue with those talking about the potential bust of this pick but man, if he will be okay with the knee then they got a top 5 pick at 34.

Who would know best? The surgeon. Who does that surgeon work for? The Cowboys.

I stand behind the move.

If you are going to make a pick like this solely for the future, you trade back so you can recoup the pick you have given up for this year. This is indefensible at 34.