***Day Two Draft Thread***

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry but he wasn't a member of any team until about an hour ago.....I would love to see Jerry try and talk my wife into violating his HIPPA rights....

Okay, dude. You really don't understand how HIPAA works. He cannot be employed unless he voluntarily gives up certain health information.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon Smith...

Keep in mind his surgery was almost 4 months ago.

If it were a "flop" I would think that point would have come out by now.

Also in an SI article dated Jan. 8th one person said the "nerve was fine".

Not saying the guy is going to provide much of anything this season, but I think the chances are much greater the kid is going play than not play in the future.

LittleD

Reaction score
Fine, let's say he plays this year. Basically every single mock draft had smith still available in the 3rd round. That's a fact. Now, using logic, we can deduct that we shouldn't have used pick 34 on him. Not difficult.

You are actually telling us that all the internet jockey's that spend their days doing mock drafts know what the teams think of players. Guy, you are spending too much time
on this board and the internet. Why not go play spades with the kids.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The 3rd round coming up. Open up a window. This is usually when the Cowboys start dropping steamers.

I've noted all the Jaylon Smith haters. You guys aren't allowed to root for him, even secretly, when he's making All Pro teams.

Count me as a hater of this pick @ 34, the list of reason are already posted.

But I can tell you I will be on my knees in my footy pajamas tonight praying to the man upstairs that he heals his knee.

I hate this pick because I am a cowboys fan, but as a cowboys fan I pray it works.

But too big or a risk from a team that has no plan.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I thought it would be Spence or Jack, but Smith certainly continues the streak of gambling on players that should have been first founders but had that one big "issue".

Incredibly predictable.

erod

Reaction score
They need to pick up the pace. These constant presentations are taking forever.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The 3rd round coming up. Open up a window. This is usually when the Cowboys start dropping steamers.

I've noted all the Jaylon Smith haters. You guys aren't allowed to root for him, even secretly, when he's making All Pro teams.

People don't dislike the player, they hate the context in which he was chosen? He won't start/contribute this year and in unison w/Elliott in the 1st, makes little sense if we are in a "win now" mode regarding Romo.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Would rather have taken him later but have no problems with the pick. Smith was the #1 player in this draft

bandfan

Reaction score
Okay, dude. You really don't understand how HIPAA works. He cannot be employed unless he voluntarily gives up certain health information.

Well sorry but I have hired a person or two and you better not ask for anymore than a pee test....

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Has it ever been more obvious what the Cowboys want to do with their 3rd round pick than this season? I feel like they basically screamed at the top of their lungs at the top of the Burj Khalifa that we're selecting Dak Prescott in the 3rd (OK, I guess there's a chance we take him in the 4th if he's there).