DC.COM: Blog: NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

wileedog

Reaction score
jimmy40;1841730 said:
It's impossible to tackle someone from behind without the horse collar, it's been proven by 7 or 8 experts in this thread.

:muttley:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1841714 said:
When you start agreeing with bigbadroy aka "Rampage," you need to seriously consider re-evaluating your position.

Irrelevant. I consider the facts at hand, not personalities. There's a rule that Roy has brazenly ignored, and now his obstinance has hurt the team.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841389 said:
and what is everyone supposed to be getting?

It was a horsecollar, it's illegal, Roy continues to do it...Yet, Roy's is slightly more incredulous about it then some of the zoners in here.

There's no debate...It's illegal, a debate about whether it should be or shouldn't be is besides the point...He did it, boom he's suspended...When, however, is Roy going to learn NOT to do it and when are some of the zoners in here going to have it register that it's illegal?

Just ridiculous, this is what I mean...It's amazing the amount of things in this world that are as clear as day and still, :rolleyes: , some don't get it

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
okay so roy didn't immediately pull mcnabb down did he?

it looked nothing like that tackle on TO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1841749 said:
Irrelevant. I consider the facts at hand, not personalities. There's a rule that Roy has brazenly ignored, and now his obstinance has hurt the team.

but doesn't he suck? which is it bbgun?

jimmy40

Reaction score
khiladi;1841654 said:
The ONLY reason why this rule is even here is because TO got hurt, and Philly was the darling of the league, so people started whining. And people were scared poop-less of Roy, because he was always bringing the pain.

This is just another example of a league bias against the Cowboys. It seems like every single rule that has targetted a specific player is a Cowboys player. People whining about Irvin, Erik Williams, and now Roy Williams. Wait for the Marion Barber rule...
Yes, the NFL hates the Cowboys, that's why we've only been in 8 Super Bowls and won 5. My God how the NFL must hate the Saints.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1841749 said:

when facts are influenced by opinion they cease to be facts

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
So did any of you geniuses see the Tillman horse collar on Ferguson? He stopped him on the 1. How else was he supposed to make that tackle and stop him from scoring?

Kilyin

Reaction score
jimmy40;1841730 said:
It's impossible to tackle someone from behind without the horse collar, it's been proven by 7 or 8 experts in this thread.

No, what was said is that it's dumb to dive at someone's ankles from behind when chasing them. If you don't understand why, you're pretty stupid.

coogrfan

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1841080 said:
Yeah, I'm still wondering how it all of a sudden became more dangerous than it was for the past 50+ years of existence in the NFL.

Horse-collaring is still perfectly legal in college football. Why haven't we seen a hue and cry about it there?

After all, there are far more games per week in cfb than in the NFL, therefore there are far more tackles in a given week as well. If the horse collar was as dangerous as some would have us believe the number of injuries due to HC tackles should be through the roof. To the best of my knowledge, that isn't the case.

That leads me to conclude that either everyone involved w/cfb is blind, or HC related injuries aren't anywhere near as common as some would have us believe.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
bbgun;1841749 said:
So many people struggle with the definition of the term "relevant."

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1841757 said:
So did any of you geniuses see the Tillman horse collar on Ferguson? He stopped him on the 1. How else was he supposed to make that tackle and stop him from scoring?

dive at his feet, you moran!

wileedog

Reaction score
stealth;1841751 said:
okay so roy didn't immediately pull mcnabb down did he?

it looked nothing like that tackle on TO

You mean other than grabbing his jersey/pads at the neck and using all of his weight to pull him down and backwards?

superpunk

Reaction score
peplaw06;1841757 said:
Persnonally I'm shocked our astute panel of announcers didn't lose their damn minds off that one.

Thread-people, I await your Charles Tillman outrage.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;1841757 said:
Osmosis.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1841757 said:

stop. think. roll