News: DC: Cowboys Agree To Terms With Pro Bowl DE Greg Hardy

Kaiser

Reaction score
A one year deal makes the most sense for Hardy by a wide margin. XWalker said this early on, it gives Hardy a chance to reestablish his value on a playoff team and then go after the really big contract next year when there isn't a cloud hanging over him.

And as others have said, we can franchise him for next year if we want to pony up 15 Million for it.

Gaede

Reaction score
Interesting. I think the one year thing was very wise.

Football wise, our team is significantly better. Our pass rush was dire.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Love that movie...
Xian! Why those guys try to hurt me?

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Hardy clearly wanted huge $. When he couldn't get it, he decided on a 1-year "prove it" deal. Do those of you lamenting the length of the contract really think we didn't want to lock him up for multiple years?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hilarious that people think going year-to-year is a loss for our GM. Every NFL team would be happy to do so rather than throw out 30 million guaranteed.

They like options, etc. This gives them an easy/albeit expensive out ...Spencer was same deal. Dez probably now. Anyone griping about the deal should remember Spencer and be thankful that he can actually contribute to the D in his tenure.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
that's dumb as hell! sign him to several years. One year is a idiot move and puts us right back in the same boat next offseason. Were taking all the risk signing this guy. Another team can step in and take him after we take all the bad PR. This is nonsense

I would have liked a multi-year, but this is a smart deal for the team if there are issues. Seattle did deals like this with their ends and it paid off big time for them.

XDez88BeastX

Reaction score
I kind of thought we'd get him for less than this. Could've got Pernell McPhee for less than 9. Whatever top rate edge rusher!!! Ftw!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What makes you think Hardy and his agent were interested in signing a long term deal St the trough of his value?

Right lol. Why would you sign a long term deal? He's on a tryout deal. He's trying to get ANOTHER big deal. If you believe in your talent you're not signing a long term deal after missing all of last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
1 year deal?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He'll never be cheaper then he is right now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
http://i471.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr75/jobberone/Screen%20Shot%202015-03-18%20at%203.57.36%20PM_zpsogu3jgyr.png

Nation

Reaction score
If Hardy is dominant, you lock him up at the bye week to a monster contract. He'll be happy to sign it.

Wood

Reaction score
Well.... I don't like the 1 year deal but at least we got him. Now this means we need to get Dez signed long term ASAP to lower his cap number.

I am not so sure. Looks like Dallas wants to see this year play out before handing out big contracts.