News: DC: Cowboys Agree To Terms With Pro Bowl DE Greg Hardy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right lol. Why would you sign a long term deal? He's on a tryout deal. He's trying to get ANOTHER big deal. If you believe in your talent you're not signing a long term deal after missing all of last year.

What were his options?

He had no leverage to be telling teams how long term of a deal he would sign.

JBS

Reaction score
How about you guys think about this

Everyone wanted Hardy to sign a long termdeal...why? Why, bc it's better for us and worse for him

Guess what? Him and his agent aren't ********
..they know if he stays out of trouble he will get a much much bigger pay day next year

Be happy he's here for now...if he's worth keeping next year, he won't leave

endersdragon

Reaction score
that's dumb as hell! sign him to several years. One year is a idiot move and puts us right back in the same boat next offseason. Were taking all the risk signing this guy. Another team can step in and take him after we take all the bad PR. This is nonsense

If you are Hardy why do you want a multi-year contract? Your value is as low now as its ever likely to be... and the Cowboys don't want to give you a lot of guaranteed money in case you decide to beat your girlfriend again. A 1 year deal was all that was ever going to happen.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Hilarious that people think going year-to-year is a loss for our GM. Every NFL team would be happy to do so rather than throw out 30 million guaranteed.

So if both Hardy and Dez go off and have a stellar year with everything else they've accomplished we get to lose one of them ala DeMarco Murray next year because Bryant was Tagged this year and next year they both get paid. I'm not saying a one year deal was bad but I definitely don't see it as good,especially if he kills this year and we can't pay him next year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Really don't like the one year deal approach for this player. This isn't a player in his twilight coming off an injury. This is someone whose value can only go up.

I guess Jerry/Stephen are banking on a big cap increase next year. That's the only way I see this making sense.

DTown214

Reaction score
1 year!? Glad he's a Cowboy but he's probably gone after this year regardless of how he plays. If he plays bad or less than we expected, we won't want to resign him. If he plays amazing, someone will outbid us for him because of this new direction the Cowboys are going with being so conservative with their money. Whatever... let's just hope it end up like the Darelle Revis situation with the Pats last season.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
1 year deal?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He'll never be cheaper then he is right now.

Which is exactly why he didn't want to take more than 1 year. Why is this so hard to understand?

noletime95

Reaction score
The lack of guaranteed $$ indicates Dallas has no assurances regading length of the suspension. I'd love to have a team option, but why would he do that. Given the risk involved, this seems like the best structure for both sides. i doubt Hardy was willliing to sign up for 4-5 years at a bargin price and I doubt Dallas was prepared to offer significant guaranteed $$$ given the risk here. Both sides get the know each other this year, then make a decision.

I'm curious if Rosenhaus worked in a can not franchise clause next year. If Dallas retained that right, this is a win IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy on the right.
Lawrence on the left.
They meet in the middle?
oh my...