News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I am so happy the Cowboys continue to use the second round to draft knuckleheads like this.

Creed Humphrey and Travis Jones could be a part of this roster currently if they stopped taking unnecessary risks on these guys. Just put that into perspective.

And thats only 2 players off of the top of my head. @America's Cowboy Remember when I said this would come back to bite us?

Knuckleheads do not change.

Guys like Joseph, Williams etc. Only a matter of time before the mess up. Give them millions on top of it? Recipe for disaster
And don't forget Gregory

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
And zeke got suspended for 6 on just an accusation of it, that their own investigator thought as not credible. You should know better by now what the penalties for Cowboys are
and Carter will walk without even a slap on the wrist

rambo2

Reaction score
I wonder how many of the other players are this ****ed up?

HungryLion

Reaction score

Based on how this is being reported I am speculating it was wax or another form of THC concentrate.

If it was just THC. Then it ain’t a biggie.

Yes it’s illegal so now he is gonna get slapped with some fines and a short suspension probably. But not a big deal otherwise.

rags747

Reaction score
You work your tail off growing up. Years of grinding to be the best of the best. You dream of making it to the NFL. And finally. Your dream come true.

Then you do every little avoidable thing to <expletive> it up.

:facepalm:
Exactly! All he needed to do was put two good seasons together and he would be looking at a Huge second contract. It’s the difference between working at Mickey D’s and being set for life. Cant teach stupid though…

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Ton of talent, loose cannon on the field which can be ok. Doesn’t get off the field stuff in order, NFL can mean Not For Long for young Sam

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Yes it’s illegal so now he is gonna get slapped with some fines and a short suspension probably. But not a big deal otherwise.
Maybe, but a lot of states treat concentrates different than flower. It could be an issue in Texas.

EDIT: Found this on TEXAS laws:

Generally, in Texas, possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor if the amount is less than 4 ounces, but possession of even a small amount of marijuana concentrate is a felony.

Carson

Reaction score

Agreed! Thank goodness man.

much rather that then the Irvin, Newton coke days

Jarntt

Reaction score
I've said countless times he is a personal foul and off the field issue waiting to happen. Not surprised at all. Kid has no control over his emotions and apparently now even more issues

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This blows, but some of you guys are acting like he murdered someone or beat up a kid.
Weed and carrying a gun. Did he shoot anyone with that gun? We had a head coach carry a gun into an airport - remember that?? Remember the crap Michael Irvin got caught for?

Look, he is a knucklehead, but this one act does not make him a bad person, what did you guys do in your early 20s? He is a young kid, and he can learn from this.
And, there is no way that you can see that he is a wasted pick just from this. It will be a short suspension, and the kid has all of the talent in the world. Besides Micah, he might be the most athletically gifted person on our team.
All I ask is if they do decide to keep him and give him another chance (which they will because he has talent), if possible, make sure the suspension doesn't coincide with the Playoffs. Use those high-price Jerry Lawyers to tactically delay it.

Whoever talked some sense into Zeke a few years ago needs to warm up and get ready for their Sam talk.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Almost makes it sound like medical marijuana.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe, but a lot of states treat concentrates different than flower. It could be an issue in Texas.

EDIT: Found this on TEXAS laws:

Generally, in Texas, possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor if the amount is less than 4 ounces, but possession of even a small amount of marijuana concentrate is a felony.
Well, legally you may be right.

I am more speaking to Williams and potential drug abuse/character issues.

If he is just using THC products it’s not as much of a concern. Other drugs are a totally different beast.

shabazz

Reaction score
The bottom line is that this team can’t afford to not have this dude playing. Jerry will guide him in lawyering up and the chips will fall as they may……getting past Adolph Goodell is the next issue after that.

rambo2

Reaction score

Maybe 6 games?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Well, legally you may be right.

I am more speaking to Williams and potential drug abuse/character issues.

If he is just using THC products it’s not as much of a concern. Other drugs are a totally different beast.
The only thing I care about is if he gets suspended and for how long. Whatever he does on his personal time I couldn't care less.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

Based on how this is being reported I am speculating it was wax or another form of THC concentrate.

This is it, and in Texas wax/shatter or THC vapes are considered a controlled substance and they do enforce it. You can have a weapon and don't need registration, but you can't have a weapon while in possession of a controlled substance. Sucks because it's still just THC and we can buy it just across the border in New Mexico but all of us that smoke here know that it's a law. It could be as simple as they pulled him over, found his vape pen, and a pistol in the glove box. It's not always an 8 ball and an Uzi.