News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

rambo2

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is if he gets suspended and for how long. Whatever he does on his personal time I couldn't care less.

had high hopes for him. not sure which of us is the bigger idiot.
He still could have a pretty good season. However, this guy is blowing his life bigtime. He is going to be broke. He could have been a wealthy man. He just isn't smart enough to make it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's certainly not my standard for right/wrong.
There's a lot of overlap yes, but I definitely wouldn't use legality to determine what's right.
Well there are different basis of right and wrong. One is a legal basis set up by society in which case he was wrong. The other would be a moral basis regarding the use of drugs which while some may argue whether it is wrong or not, it is one or the other. If you have no absolutes then you can make up your own right and wrong but what an individual creates as his own moral guide has not bearing on truth!

Mark

Reaction score
Just another DC preseason <yawn>. A couple of guys lost for the season to injury...one or two more to legal troubles. And we're only two-thirds through.

bigE79

Reaction score
Yes, stupid human beings at that. Unfortunately most of us were young and dumb at one time. These guys are paid handsomely and worshiped, consequently they must uphold a higher standard. Sam had the potential for a break out this year too.
There's always a dark cloud hanging over this damn team,why am I even surprised anymore...and right before the season starts,what a *******.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Since the league changed the testing policy for THC to once a year at the start of TC, I would bet that a massive number of players are using various products. Once those drug tests, cleared, I'd bet that a ton of players in Oxnard ran out to the nearest dispensary. Like it or not, cannabis is a go to for athletes because it is extremely useful for recovery from exercise.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Yeah, something isn't right when you flip out like he was over nothing, and then throws hands at a player as his back is turned. I get there was competition. But that's street stuff, apparently resulting from street drugs. Now I see what's up. DQ tried to spin it with his "you have to play with an edge" PR speech. But there's more to it than that.

Williams could be a good player, but that's gonna be an issue for the team now.
And apparently when they arrested him he was wearing a bandana, imagine that. What a thug.

rambo2

Reaction score
Since the league changed the testing policy for THC to once a year at the start of TC, I would bet that a massive number of players are using various products. Once those drug tests, cleared, I'd bet that a ton of players in Oxnard ran out to the nearest dispensary. Like it or not, cannabis is a go to for athletes because it is extremely useful for recovery from exercise.
Excellent pain killer, not good for productivity.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Edit Marijuana and a weapon .... lol goodness.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested by Frisco police Sunday night on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, per a police department spokesperson.
The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor, according to Frisco police. Williams, 24, played in the Cowboys’ 22-14 loss in Seattle on Saturday. He returned with the team early Sunday morning.

The Cowboys declined to comment through a spokesman. The team is aware of the arrest.

Now you know why so much top 15 1st round talent was not taken until round 2. Just like Randy Gregory unreliable. Stop drafting unreliable (suspended) and unavailable (injured)0 players in the 2nd round.

Country Club mentality of the Arlington Jonesboys. The real Dallas Cowboys did not get into their arrest and drug problems until after winning Super Bowls, Conference Championships, and Division Titles and after their Head Coaches were fired (Jimmy Johnson), or time past them by (Tom Landry).

Do you think this would happen with a Head Coach in control and not a Owner, GM, and defacto Head Coach, being the same person, in control?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Marijuana a controlled substance? Are we sure there isn't more?

rambo2

Reaction score
Now you know why so much top 15 1st round talent was not taken until round 2. Just like Randy Gregory unreliable. Stop drafting unreliable (suspended) and unavailable (injured)0 players in the 2nd round.

Country Club mentality of the Arlington Jonesboys. The real Dallas Cowboys did not get into their arrest and drug problems until after winning Super Bowls, Conference Championships, and Division Titles and after their Head Coaches were fired (Jimmy Johnson), or time past them by (Tom Landry).

Do you think this would happen with a Head Coach in control and not a Owner, GM, and defacto Head Coach, being the same person, in control?
I wonder how many times that the cops looked the other way in the past?

HungryLion

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is if he gets suspended and for how long. Whatever he does on his personal time I couldn't care less.
I don’t either. You just don’t want players to have substance abuse issues. Which isn’t a problem with THC like it can be with other more hard drugs.