News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

rambo2

Reaction score
So now there's the recreational/controlled substances NFL charge and Goodell's personal conduct policy suspension as the most likely next hammer to fall.

My early over/under is 4 games.

jmo
I think that they won't give him much and might blow it off and let it drag in the court system. I belive that they want Dallas to win this year.

LysleE

Reaction score
The way athletes are put on pedestals and paid outrageous sums of money they need to be held to a higher standard; right or wrong, they are looked upon as role models and influencers to a younger generation.
Another player with known character issues picked well before he probably should due to those issues that comes back to bite Jerry…will the organization ever learn?

Sydla

Reaction score
So now there's the recreational/controlled substances NFL charge along with the possible personal conduct policy suspension as the most likely next hammer to fall.

My early over/under is 4 games.
Exactly what I was thinking............ 4-6 games most likely.

The only real question as this point is when does it come?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The way athletes are put on pedestals and paid outrageous sums of money they need to be held to a higher standard; right or wrong, they are looked upon as role models and influencers to a younger generation.
Another player with known character issues picked well before he probably should due to those issues that comes back to bite Jerry…will the organization ever learn?
Does this only pertain to athletes

GINeric

Reaction score
I didn't hear much about the specific details and am just starting to read about it now.. What do you mean he didn't commit any crimes? He was arrested

I meant he didn't do anything seriously illegal. Having a gun and a personal stash of weed isn't a serious crime or a character issue.

It's against the law to litter, but who on this board never tossed a paper cup, bottle or a burger wrapper out of the car window before??? I guess we all have character issues according to many here then.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Yet Cowboys fans everywhere were calling the Sam Williams pick a steal. Don't recall anyone complaining about the pick at the time.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Thats why I'm laughing at the idiots of the world that call that "character issues". This man didn't commit any crimes or hurt anyone.

It's sad that he has to reside in Texas for many reasons which I'll leave alone at this time.

Did he show bad judgment?? Yes he did. But is this considered a character issue??? Nah. You have athletes who don't smoke weed or carry guns and make tons of bad judgments and mistakes.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and make better judgments moving forward.

At least he wasn't like those thug criminals like Giants former kicker Josh Brown who beat the **** out of his wife on a regular basis, or like that greedy low life thief named Brett Favre who stole from poor and less fortunate people for his own gain. Now THOSE are character issues!!

Lol, for them to cut him, he would have to do a lot more than this.
I may be over reacting to this but Jerry takes too many risks with these 2nd round picks and lots of them get in trouble and end up not reaching their potential or get cut. It seems like a waste.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Edit Marijuana and a weapon .... lol goodness.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested by Frisco police Sunday night on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, per a police department spokesperson.
The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor, according to Frisco police. Williams, 24, played in the Cowboys’ 22-14 loss in Seattle on Saturday. He returned with the team early Sunday morning.

The Cowboys declined to comment through a spokesman. The team is aware of the arrest.

Wow...I am not reading this whole thread, but I have written some good music after some devils weed...but I have not written a tune about guns. I might think about that.

GINeric

Reaction score
Idiot.

It's amazing to me that these guys, once they get a NFL paycheck, act like they can get away with anything and do dumb ****.

At least once an offseason we have a bonehead.

Maybe they are inspired by higher official people they've seen on the news the last couple of years committing serious crimes and somehow getting away with it.

They're learning best from the idiots in suits.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I meant he didn't do anything seriously illegal. Having a gun and a personal stash of weed isn't a serious crime or a character issue.

It's against the law to litter, but who on this board never tossed a paper cup, bottle or a burger wrapper out of the car window before??? I guess we all have character issues according to many here then.
I don't want to make too much of this, but c'mon man it's definitely a character issue to be driving while under the influence.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Well said. Thank you