Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I don't agree that TO has lost a step. You look at the field level view of his TD catch against the Bengals and the guy was flying! No one could catch up to him. He is struggling with getting off the line, but that could be remedied by moving him around. He is still a stud, top echelon WR.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that he is very upset with his role in this offense is kidding themselves. You can bet he and Deion set the interview up to give him a platform to express his displeasure with the offense and Garrett in particular.

As for the shirt he was wearing, with TO nothing is an accident. That's the first thing I noticed before he opened his mouth to speak. It's very reminiscent of the Irvin jersey he wore when he was with the Eagles. It's just a childish way of tweaking the organization.

I do give TO credit that he's worked hard to avoid throwing a public tantrum like he did in his days with San Fran and Philly, but you can see the wheels are turning in his head and he isn't happy with the way he's been used this season.

Big D

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2432801 said:
Anyone else think one of the reasons for perennial under-performance with this team is too many pot-stirrers and enabler former Cowboys like Irvin and Deion hanging around? I believe these would be called the "periphery" people Parcells guarded against, and he was somehow a bad guy for not giving them more access to the Ranch.

I happen to think the team struggles this year are a combination of Garretts pass happy play calling , injuries , poor ST play, and a bit of over confidence by the players.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2433064 said:
I don't agree that TO has lost a step. You look at the field level view of his TD catch against the Bengals and the guy was flying! No one could catch up to him. He is struggling with getting off the line, but that could be remedied by moving him around. He is still a stud, top echelon WR.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that he is very upset with his role in this offense is kidding themselves. You can bet he and Deion set the interview up to give him a platform to express his displeasure with the offense and Garrett in particular.

As for the shirt he was wearing, with TO nothing is an accident. That's the first thing I noticed before he opened his mouth to speak. It's very reminiscent of the Irvin jersey he wore when he was with the Eagles. It's just a childish way of tweaking the organization.

I do give TO credit that he's worked hard to avoid throwing a public tantrum like he did in his days with San Fran and Philly, but you can see the wheels are turning in his head and he isn't happy with the way he's been used this season.

Okay, to play devils advocate, let's flip the script. Would you say Marvin Harrison has lost a step?

Most would say he has, but he plays for the Colts, not our Cowboys. There is certainly a possibility T.O. is past his prime and now on the decline, even if that were the case, he could still be productive for a few more years and much like the Colts, we already have our Reggie Wayne as well.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So T.O is Witten one of the top 3 TE's in the league? Should he be involved too? What about Roy Williams? What about Marion Barber? What about Felix Jones?

Have you been missing your QB for 4 games?

Have you dropped balls lately?

Has the Oline had protection issues affecting your ability to catch balls?

Did we throw 17 balls your way against Washington and it result in a L?

How did we win Sunday night? Was it because of your opportunities?

aikemirv

Reaction score
TheCount;2433073 said:
Okay, to play devils advocate, let's flip the script. Would you say Marvin Harrison has lost a step?

Most would say he has, but he plays for the Colts, not our Cowboys. There is certainly a possibility T.O. is past his prime and now on the decline, even if that were the case, he could still be productive for a few more years and much like the Colts, we already have our Reggie Wayne as well.

Yes he most definitely has!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
TheCount;2433073 said:

I do think Harrison is slowing down, but he and TO are two totally different WRs even though they are the same age. TO is a physical specimen and Harrison is a small WR who is coming off a major knee injury and has used his quickness and explosiveness to become a great WR. TO's game is about strength, power and explosiveness.

I'm sure TO has lost something from what he was in San Fran, that's only natural, but he had an incredible season last year. I don't believe he's lost his game in the past 6 months.

juck

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2433064 said:

TO has lost his lateral quickness.Hence he has to bull through press coverage.Its not his fault hes 36 man,it happens.The shirt isnt anything.What is he gonna do seriously?he has no leverage,he is 36,lost his lateral quickness,and in a contract.I do hope we get another wr in draft or FA.A lil speedy chain mover.We havent had that since Glenn.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I didnt watch it. I wont either.

I am too happy from the skins win. I loved the way the offense spread the ball around and pounded it.

I am not going to let this guy ruin the end of this season.

He has no right to gripe. He cant break tackles, he is having a hard time getting off the line of scrimmage and he apparently needs to get a new set of nuts from deion sanders purse because a guy his size should not have taken that reverse out of bounds, he should have put his head down and gone into the pile and made somethig of it.

so without even watching it, I dont care what gripe he has, he hasnt been able to do the little things asked of him, so no one should care about his concerns. you make you own way, no matter how much sanders and irvin want to blame everyone else.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2433091 said:
...and he apparently needs to get a new set of nuts from deion sanders purse because a guy his size should not have taken that reverse out of bounds, he should have put his head down and gone into the pile and made somethig of it.
So I wasn't the only one not real happy about his lack of effort on the reverse. The first thought which came to mind was that one play looked eerily similar to what Randy Moss was exhibiting during games as a Raider. Coincidence?

juck

Reaction score
theebs;2433091 said:

I am too happy from the skins win. I loved the way the offense spread the ball around and pounded it.

He has no right to gripe. He cant break tackles, he is having a hard time getting off the line of scrimmage and he apparently needs to get a new set of nuts from deion sanders purse because a guy his size should not have taken that reverse out of bounds, he should have put his head down and gone into the pile and made somethig of it.

so without even watching it, I dont care what gripe he has, he hasnt been able to do the little things asked of him, so no one should care about his concerns. you make you own way, no matter how much sanders and irvin want to blame everyone else.

wow.i actually agree with u.lol.makes sense bro.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope TO has a big game this week if not this story will drag out for a while.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theebs;2433091 said:

Preach it brother Theebs!!!

Somebody............... give him an "Amen Brother!!"

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433131 said:

I hope Roy Williams has a big game and TO drops an easy TD pass so he will shut up!

That and we win big and he barely gets involved. Like someone else said earlier, what kind of stupid timing is this. We win and are starting to get the ship righted and he starts opening his trap!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2433117 said:
wow.i actually agree with u.lol.makes sense bro.

watch out dude.

The lightning bolts are definitely coming!!

you might want to take the bus today!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2433138 said:
I hope Roy Williams has a big game and TO drops an easy TD pass so he will shut up!

That and we win big and he barely gets involved. Like someone else said earlier, what kind of stupid timing is this. We win and are starting to get the ship righted and he starts opening his trap!

I hope they both have big games I want to win. TO may be frustrated I would suggest he deal with it, in the meantime I think Romo will try to hit the open man if that is TO great if that is Witten, Williams, Bennett, Crayton or Barber great after all that is kind of the object to read the defense and find the open man to advance the ball.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433131 said:
It may not "drag out", but it'll probably have legs enough to keep resurfacing each week. If Owens has a big game one week, the media lead-in for the next game may be, "Terrell Owens had a fantastic game last Sunday, but one only has to look back at the Deion Sanders interview to know that he's one bad game away from being more disgruntled." Or visa versa: "Terrell Owens looked pensive (truth or not) last Sunday as Tony Romo distributed the ball to his teammates and did not have a great game statistically. How long before the tension he shared with Deion Sanders during the interview spills over?"

He can't win against the media. He can only hope for keeping the status quo, but that's not about to happen if he keeps engaging the media beyond what's asked of him by the league. Heck, his "next question" strategy with Ed Werder is a good one and he should expand upon it beyond the ESPN lackeys, but will he? That's not likely knowing Owens.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;2433138 said:
Terrell Owens remaining forever silent about a topic he is passionate about..?

Has that ever happened before?