Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2433146 said:
It may not "drag out", but it'll probably have legs enough to keep resurfacing each week. If Owens has a big game one week, the media lead-in for the next game may be, "Terrell Owens had a fantastic game last Sunday, but one only has to look back at the Deion Sanders interview to know that he's one bad game away from being more disgruntled." Or visa versa: "Terrell Owens looked pensive (truth or not) last Sunday as Tony Romo distributed the ball to his teammates and did not have a great game statistically. How long before the tension he shared with Deion Sanders during the interview spills over?"

He can't win against the media. He can only hope for keep the status quo, but that's not about to happen if he keeps engaging the media beyond what's asked of him by the league. Heck, his "next question" strategy with Ed Werder is a good one and he should expand upon it beyond the ESPN lackeys, but will he? That's not likely knowing Owens.

I don't think he looked pensive and saw him out front throwing blocks for Barber so he is still doing things to help not standing around pouting because the ball did not come his way. Right now teams are attacking him at the line and using safety help over the top so I understand why his numbers are down and having poor play from the QB spot when Romo went down has not helped matters. With Romo back as the finger improves I do think TO number and other player’s numbers will increase. I can promise you teams do not want to play Owens man on man so while many are coming down on TO the opponent is still showing respect to his ability

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
TO's problem is he tells it like it is. Deion's problem is he's now a mediot who obviously has taken on the personality of others when it comes to promoting the anti-TO angle of a problematic team player.

I think TO needs to keep things like this in-house and shouldn't be griping to the media. The problem is he sees the media as a way to platform his ideas, but also a way to defend himself as well. It is the media that is promoting this idea that he is slowing down and is not the receiver he used to be. So, instead of blaming himself, which he sees as unjustified, and he is possibly correct, he takes it out on the system. I think the media has an impact on TO's insecurities of failure, the latter formed probably due to how he was raised or whatever. He needs to be considered an important part of the team, and one that has put up significant numbers to help the team win.

Someone needs to tell TO that the media is irrelevant to his production on the field. What he says or doesn't say to them, isn't going to affect it one bit. Keep your problems in house, discuss them with the coaching staff, work hard, and things will eventually work out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433155 said:
I don't think he looked pensive and saw him out front throwing blocks for Barber so he is still doing things to help not standing around pouting because the ball did not come his way. Right now teams are attacking him at the line and using safety help over the top so I understand why his numbers are down and having poor play from the QB spot when Romo went down has not helped matters. With Romo back as the finger improves I do think TO number and other player’s numbers will increase. I can promise you teams do not want to play Owens man on man so while many are coming down on TO the opponent is still showing respect to his ability
I'm not saying that he looks pensive now. Heck, he may look relaxed to all observers EXCEPT the sports media. It's happened before and will mostly likely happen many more times in the future. The sports media has been known to overinflate nothing and twist the smallest detail. With Owens, they have the easiest target in the world because of his public displays both on and off the field.

Owens' productivity should improve with Roy Williams playing opposite him and if Romo remains healthy, but that's not the problem. If Dallas wins games without Owens being happy, so be it. That's football. Isn't the real goal for the entire team is for everyone or almost everyone doing their jobs? If the team can win games in spite of Owens being happy, is that a bad thing?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2433178 said:
I'm not saying that he looks pensive now. Heck, he may look relaxed to all observers EXCEPT the sports media. It's happened before and will mostly likely happen many more times in the future. The sports media has been known to overinflate nothing and twist the smallest detail. With Owens, they have the easiest target in the world because of his public displays both on and off the field.

Owens' productivity should improve with Roy Williams playing opposite him and if Romo remains healthy, but that's not the problem. If Dallas wins games without Owens being happy, so be it. That's football. Isn't the real goal for the entire team is for everyone or almost everyone doing their jobs? If the team can win games in spite of Owens being happy, is that a bad thing?

I agree and I think if we are winning and get a ring TO himself will be very happy.

khiladi

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432442 said:
Teams game plan for Andre Johnson and he still manages 12 catches 150 yard games.

His numbers have dropped considerably the last four games. Maybe teams have started game-planning for him...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;2433170 said:
TO's problem is he tells it like it is. Deion's problem is he's now a mediot who obviously has taken on the personality of others when it comes to promoting the anti-TO angle of a problematic team player.

I think TO needs to keep things like this in-house and shouldn't be griping to the media. The problem is he sees the media as a way to platform his ideas, but also a way to defend himself as well. It is the media that is promoting this idea that he is slowing down and is not the receiver he used to be. So, instead of blaming himself, which he sees as unjustified, and he is possibly correct, he takes it out on the system. I think the media has an impact on TO's insecurities of failure, the latter formed probably due to how he was raised or whatever. He needs to be considered an important part of the team, and one that has put up significant numbers to help the team win.

Someone needs to tell TO that the media is irrelevant to his production on the field. What he says or doesn't say to them, isn't going to affect it one bit. Keep your problems in house, discuss them with the coaching staff, work hard, and things will eventually work out.
I wonder who Owens would accept such counsel from and acted upon it? Better yet, whom has Owens ever taken such counsel from and accepted it as what's best for his own career and/or the teams he's played for?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2433186 said:
His numbers have dropped considerably the last four games. Maybe teams have started game-planning for him...

norm just broke down his numbers of the last 14 games.

They are about what you would expect of patrick crayton.

he has no right to gripe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2433188 said:
I wonder who Owens would accept such counsel from and acted upon it? Better yet, whom has Owens ever taken such counsel from and accepted it as what's best for his own career and/or the teams he's played for?

Your right but thankfully the key man in the offense is Romo and he seems to know how to handle his guys. Instead of throwing gas on the fire Romo dismisses all this stuff and seems to have a good relationship with Owens. TO is going to talk and tell you what he thinks that has always been the case and chances are it will continue to be the case but the leader of this team is Tony Romo and I think he has a good handle on things

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433185 said:
I agree and I think if we are winning and get a ring TO himself will be very happy.
Oh, he'll be overjoyed and should be. He's put out Hall of Fame effort from childhood to the present and it would be a great reward and deservably so. My only hope is that we win in spite of Owens' varying public and/or private emotional states and their unnecessarily accompanying bouts of idiocy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2433198 said:
Oh, he'll be overjoyed and should be. He's put out Hall of Fame effort from childhood to the present and it would be a great reward and deservably so. My only hope is that we win in spite of Owens' varying public and/or private emotional states and their unnecessarily accompanying bouts of idiocy.

When we signed TO we knew who TO was so why any of this is coming as a shock or surprise is beyond me. As I posted above the main man on this offense if Tony Romo and I think he can handle TO and this offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
theebs;2433191 said:
norm just broke down his numbers of the last 14 games.

They are about what you would expect of patrick crayton.

he has no right to gripe.

I was talking about Andre Johnson...BTW, those last fourteen games goes back to last season, when this offense went down the tank.... TO played against the Giants on a wobbly ankle last year... This year, the offensive line has been flat-out tanking and Jason Garrett hasn't been using him in motion or short, quick passes...Hell, the week against the Commanders was clearly a change in philosophy by Garrett on all sorts of levels... The point is, Jason Garrett tweaked the offense for everybody. Even he knew something was wrong..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433196 said:
Your right but thankfully the key man in the offense is Romo and he seems to know how to handle his guys. Instead of throwing gas on the fire Romo dismisses all this stuff and seems to have a good relationship with Owens. TO is going to talk and tell you what he thinks that has always been the case and chances are it will continue to be the case but the leader of this team is Tony Romo and I think he has a good handle on things
Granted, Romo has had a great relationship with Owens and I hope that continues. Still, he can do only so much and some people aren't influencing by personalities like Romo beyond what's necessary in a working environment.

I think back to the combining of Dennis Rodman with Michael Jordan's Bulls. Rodman could not be "reigned in" by even Jordan's legend, but the outcome was favorable with a championship. Hopefully, the same can happen here in Dallas.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lol

kelly_081103_02.jpg

juck

Reaction score
Maybe its a ploy to keep other teams thinking we are going to force him the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
I've never seen a more pathetic use of play-action than by Jason Garrett... In fact, if you pay attention closely to the games, he almost never calls it. It is a stiking difference between Norv and Jason as a play-caller, the former obviously keeping teams in check...No team bites on Jason Garrett's garbage play-calling....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2433205 said:
I was talking about Andre Johnson...BTW, those last fourteen games goes back to last season, when this offense went down the tank.... TO played against the Giants on a wobbly ankle last year... This year, the offensive line has been flat-out tanking and Jason Garrett hasn't been using him in motion or short, quick passes...Hell, the week against the Commanders was clearly a change in philosophy by Garrett on all sorts of levels... The point is, Jason Garrett tweaked the offense for everybody. Even he knew something was wrong..

yes I know.

Magic routes.

Thats what is holding the greatness back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2433206 said:
Granted, Romo has had a great relationship with Owens and I hope that continues. Still, he can do only so much and some people aren't influencing by personalities like Romo beyond what's necessary in a working environment.

I think back to the combining of Dennis Rodman with Michael Jordan's Bulls. Rodman could not be "reigned in" by even Jordan's legend, but the outcome was favorable with a championship. Hopefully, the same can happen here in Dallas.

I agree but what Romo can do is avoid throwing gas on the fire. Let TO be TO, I think Romo knows that when he has a chance to get the ball to Owens he can make some big plays and as long as he is not forcing the ball this offense will be fine.

khiladi

Reaction score
The fact that Jason Garrett has to resort to freakin' end-arounds to try and get TO involved before he has him in motion and lined up in the lost q=running quick outs tells me all I need to know about this guy...He called a good game against the Commanders, because he actually TWEAKED the very offense TO has been saying was wasn't using him correctly..It looks like TO was right... He is still spot on now regarding his role... The guy is defending his play against people attacking it. What do you expect him to do?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433201 said:
When we signed TO we knew who TO was so why any of this is coming as a shock or surprise is beyond me. As I posted above the main man on this offense if Tony Romo and I think he can handle TO and this offense.
Who's shocked? Not me. I've been talking about Owens for years well-before he donned Cowboys colors. Romo has and will continue to do what he can to keep the relationship between him and Owens rock solid. There isn't any logical reason to see that relationship dissolving one iota, but let's also be real. The only person truly controling Owens in any way, shape or form is Owens and Owens alone. Always has been and always shall be.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433214 said:
I agree but what Romo can do is avoid throwing gas on the fire. Let TO be TO, I think Romo knows that when he has a chance to get the ball to Owens he can make some big plays and as long as he is not forcing the ball this offense will be fine.

TO mentioned nothing about Romo forcing him the ball. He stated he wasn't being utilized properly, which has nothing to do with forcing him the ball....