Twitter: DeMarco Murray on Hudson Houck

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Part of the reason (imo) Murray flopped in Philly was the system. He was his best as a physical between the tackles runner, using his vision and power to churn out hard yards between the hashmarks.

Kelly tried to turn him into a Felix Jones type (Read option, toss sweeps, etc).

AGain I was sore about him leaving even though I agree it was a business decision. But part of business is not only taking the most money, but getting into the best place to succeed. And in that sense, Murray made a poor business decision. He got paid but he put himself in a position where he was somewhat set up to fail.

He was so much better suited to the type of offense Dallas ran. I think you could make a good argument that he'd have been better suited to Oakland or certainly Tennessee also. Playing for Chip Kelly was probably (football wise) one of the worst decisions Murray ever made.

Randle was a certifiable headcase for sure. No argument there.

Both Murray and Ryan Mathews who they signed FA the same season. Both backs failed in Kelly system.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't care that Demarco didn't resign with us it's that he turned down bigger offers to go to a division rival
Maybe he also did it because he felt they were closer to being a contender than the other two teams. That and he wanted to hurt Cowboys fans feelings.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
DeMarco didn't go to Philly to spite Dallas, like Dez wanted to do. He got a good money offer, thought Philly was closer to winning a SB, and was able to play with his former college QB Sam Bradford. The hate for Murray is misguided. His fumble in GB was costly but Murray wasn't a player people were willing to make excuses for so he will get raked over the coals like Crayton for that one.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
DeMarco didn't go to Philly to spite Dallas, like Dez wanted to do. He got a good money offer, thought Philly was closer to winning a SB, and was able to play with his former college QB Sam Bradford. The hate for Murray is misguided. His fumble in GB was costly but Murray wasn't a player people were willing to make excuses for so he will get raked over the coals like Crayton for that one.
I saw that fumble from the sideline. There were a few defenders pretty close, but the TV angle made it look like he was alone. And he never had a 2nd gear, the safety would have caught him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He had 1 good season with us after us drafting him in the 3rd round and being injured every year until his contract year. Like I said **** demarco murray
You’re the type of person that represents whats wrong in society. Hate, hate hate.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I saw that fumble from the sideline. There were a few defenders pretty close, but the TV angle made it look like he was alone. And he never had a 2nd gear, the safety would have caught him.
There was no way in hell Murray was scoring on that play. 0% chance. He lost his home run hitting ability after his rookie year and didn't get it back until he left Dallas. I believe Clinton-Dix was waiting for him in the secondary but the other safety probably would have caught Murray from behind anyway.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And from a different shot, there were LBers who not only could have tackled him but stopped their pursuit when he fumbled.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Isn't Houck 75 years old?

He has been out of coaching for a while.

I wonder what role he is going to really play other than being a lifeline for a rookie OL coach in Columbo.

Reactions: BAT

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess he was right on both. I'll admit it still bothers me a bit that he went to Philly. anyone but Philly....

:grin:
I thought it was great. I had no doubt that after we drove him into the ground in 2014 that he'd never be the same RB for them that he was for us. He did have a nice mini-resurgence in Tennessee though.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I'm just interested in the OL going back to a blocking scheme that they showed themselves as one of the best OL in the league. Houck is coming in as a consultant but a lot work falls to Colombo to get this group playing to a high level. if he can it will give Dak time in the pocket and it will help open up running lanes for Zeke.

Lets hope and trust that this is what will happen. Dak has his issues but some it can be attributed to the revolving door our O line has become. We watch other teams lose starters and not all of a sudden have jailbreak type pressure applied to their QB's

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

I wonder what role he is going to really play other than being a lifeline for a rookie OL coach in Columbo.
Another ally in the building for Jason.

Reactions: BAT

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Age is relative.... As long as he's mentally sharp on the game/techniques we should be fine......

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he wound up making 9 million from philly for one year. but he picked up a 25.5 million deal from the titans when he was traded along with more guaranteed money. he made out like a champ. he owes more to himself and his family than the cowboys. it is, we're reminded often, a business.
And a very short professional life as well.