Twitter: DeMarco Murray on Hudson Houck

BoysForLife

Reaction score
And from a different shot, there were LBers who not only could have tackled him but stopped their pursuit when he fumbled.
Maybe he doesn't score due to Dix in the circle, but this is at least ending up around the 10 yard line.

Either way Aviano is right. It was a big mistake but teams win and lose together. This fumble alone was not the reason they lost. I would say the same about the Dez call.

There were multiple opportunities for us to take that game. We just came up a play or two short.

murray-fumblepng1421378561908.png

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lets hope and trust that this is what will happen. Dak has his issues but some it can be attributed to the revolving door our O line has become. We watch other teams lose starters and not all of a sudden have jailbreak type pressure applied to their QB's

I'm not blaming it on losing any starters, I think Alexander scheme went away from what this OL has been able to show. I think it will play more to the strength of guys like Collins and Williams

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean but really, what else is he gonna say?
Means nothing.

:D

If he were a Cowboy I would agree, but since he isn't, this doesn't apply. He doesn't have to say anything at all, and if he chooses to he has nothing to lose by saying what he feels.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There was no way in hell Murray was scoring on that play. 0% chance. He lost his home run hitting ability after his rookie year and didn't get it back until he left Dallas. I believe Clinton-Dix was waiting for him in the secondary but the other safety probably would have caught Murray from behind anyway.
And from a different shot, there were LBers who not only could have tackled him but stopped their pursuit when he fumbled.
O.K. ,,,I can COPY on that, YET ,,,
" just seeing it on the t.v. when it happened ,certainly seared a predisposed image into my casing-liner,YA KNOW? "

* Ya,guys! I've re- watched that single play so many times, you could possibly consider me a glutton for punishment,,,I agree with what you both have stated,,,but, it's just easily available/ go-to grist from the failure mill to downplay,,,er,,,that playo_O

:starspin::star::starspin:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm not blaming it on losing any starters, I think Alexander scheme went away from what this OL has been able to show. I think it will play more to the strength of guys like Collins and Williams

Exactly, Tyron Smith didn't forget how to play football. Martin's issue may be health related, but his play is nothing like last year. Collins finished the year strong last year but has really dropped off in the transition to Alexander's technique, we could be a big improvement just from dumping the new technique and letting the starters do what they are most comfortable with.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Either way Aviano is right. It was a big mistake but teams win and lose together. This fumble alone was not the reason they lost. I would say the same about the Dez call.
These 2 possessions sort of highlight how snake bitten the team really is...our last of the first half and opening of the 2nd half..

Last possession of 1st half -- beautiful, time consuming drive and then Witten ends up 1 yard short. The refs give a favorable sport right in front of Garrett who rushes to call timeout instead of trying to get the offense rushing to the line to take advantage of the 1st down OR make the officials stop the clock for a replay. During the timeout the first down gets reversed because it was nowhere close to be a 1st down, which Garrett should have known. Romo then fumbles the snap on 3rd down and just heaves the ball out of bounds. Bailey misses the kick but a penalty on Dallas gives him another try and then the ball is kicked too low so it is blocked. Rodgers is able to complete a deep pass along the sidelines and GB gets their own FG.

1st possession of 2nd half - Murray fumbles

That's the Cowboys for you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't the biggest money offered to him though. Which is why it was a smack in the face. I think it was the 3rd highest offer I think the raiders and titans offered 10m+ a year.

To be fair, he wanted to go to a team where he had a better chance to win...........and make more money than Dallas offered him. Chip Kelly was building an offense like none we had ever seen, and he wanted to be a part of the glory..............and make more money.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't score due to Dix in the circle, but this is at least ending up around the 10 yard line.

There were multiple opportunities for us to take that game. We just came up a play or two short.

murray-fumblepng1421378561908.png
Agree to disagree. Respectfully. I was at the game. I know that holds no merit here, but from my point of view there were at least 3 defensive players in the range of stopping Murray within the 40-50 yard line. Not including the safety 20 yards away.

It's also worth noting that the picture you provided is after he fumbled the ball. He's looking at the ball. Prior to that, the defense was closing in. When I get a chance I'll dig up a different picture just for perspective. Now that all being said, Murray never had the top end on long runs to maintain break away speed for 60 yards. Or, as you said if he made it to the 10 - 50 yards.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly, Tyron Smith didn't forget how to play football. Martin's issue may be health related, but his play is nothing like last year. Collins finished the year strong last year but has really dropped off in the transition to Alexander's technique, we could be a big improvement just from dumping the new technique and letting the starters do what they are most comfortable with.

That is what I hope to see.

dckid

Reaction score
It's funny how upset fans sometimes get with ex-players, lol. But that's not an insult, they're just a passionate group. I actually like Murray. He's very knowledgeable of the game and had the best season a RB in Dallas ever had. I respect his insight in regard to the kind of help Houck can give this O line/Offense.

Come on from a rushing yards perspective he had the best season, please dont forget Emmit 91-95 that was a great run. Three straight rushing titles, 3 SB's one league MVP and one SB MVP.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Come on from a rushing yards perspective he had the best season, please dont forget Emmit 91-95 that was a great run. Three straight rushing titles, 3 SB's one league MVP and one SB MVP.
Apples to Oranges, lol. I was in no way comparing him to Smith. Good lord. Just putting Murray's accolades out there for those who hate him.