DeMarco Murray on the Herd

JustChip

Reaction score
Is Ben Roethlisberger a HoF 2x winning QB if he was drafted by Dallas?
Maybe. Maybe not. Is Eli a 2x SB MVP if he and Tony were switched? And would Romo have won a SB in that case? I don't hold Eli in the same high esteem so many do so I believe Tony would've won a SB if they were swapped, but there's no way to know for sure. All we have to go on is what actually happened.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. Is Eli a 2x SB MVP if he and Tony were switched? And would Romo have won a SB in that case? I don't hold Eli in the same high esteem so many do so I believe Tony would've won a SB if they were swapped, but there's no way to know for sure. All we have to go on is what actually happened.
Fair enough.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like Big Ben.
But no.

I guess his best shot wouldve been in 2007. But New England was epic that year at 19-0 going in. NYG did pull off the miracle, but dont see the Wade led Cowboys doing with either Tony or Ben.

In one super bowl, he had a record worst 22.6 QB rating...7 completions, 0 TDs, 2 ints......yet the team still won.
Those old Steeler defenses allowed a QB alot a leeway.

Dallas gets stomped by 3-4 TDs in that scenario

Years later, he did play his butt off in that 2nd SB. Of course, Dallas had a crap team by then....so no

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
Fact is Dallas should have fixed their OL years ago and their defense as well. But Jerry wanted his offensive toys to show the world.
B I N G O!! Just an opinion, but I believe 100% JG is responsible for changing Jerry's mindset on this. Which always seemed strange to me since Jerry was an O lineman at Arkansas.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

With this coaching I don't know. Ben had creativity coach and player wise all around him. Dallas never had that.

Maybe he could have done something from the time we got murrey and the oline and now zeke, but I don't think enough to put him in the hof.

And the reason I don't think a SB was because Dallas always had a flaw that pulled them down.

If big Ben is playing lights out, you always have to worry about when the defense and coaching will fold. Sorta like the GB games of recent.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
B I N G O!! Just an opinion, but I believe 100% JG is responsible for changing Jerry's mindset on this. Which always seemed strange to me since Jerry was an O lineman at Arkansas.
Well I don't know who decided to change it but it was pretty obvious. Also obvious that Romo needed a running game to help him out. Wasted so many years in mindless shootouts. Now if they would fix this defense.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He said they got better when Garrett allowed Romo and Witten to take over the game. Which leads to the logical conclusion that he instantly sucks again since Romo left.

Rams 2017 as exhibit 1
He was referring to them as on the field coaches. Trusting their feel for the game on the field. Even with that JG put hand cuffs on Romo from changing running plays to passing plays.

Praxit

Reaction score
Just repeating what Romo already said. And that's why he's not going anywhere. He's a great motivator. He's one of the guys and they love him. Weakness is time management and coaching decisions.
..so basically he sucks as coach..lol. buy hey, we knew that. Dont tell Jerry.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
For as much gruff as Cowherd gets here, his show is generally very good, Aven. Really fantastic guests, and he's a good interviewer. I will never forgive him for his Sean Taylor comments, but I can move past them for the talent he is. He is good at what he does. Ruptured blood vessels on CZ, or otherwise
He is a good interviewer, but has the least sports knowledge I have ever heard from someone with such a big show.

kumizi

Reaction score
so JG doesn't call plays like Sean Payton, Doug Peterson, Sean Mcvay

and he's not a good game manager

and he doesn't have anything to do with defense and special teams

so, what exactly does he bring to the head coaching position?`lol it's so hard to root for this franchise at times.