DeMarco Murray stands at the cusp of greatness

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have a problem with Murray, but I honestly liked what I saw from Tanner better than what I've seen from Demarco so far. I know that's not fair because of the level of competition; I also haven't seen Demarco in the slot like I expected to so far this year.

Either way, Felix has run harder than any of our RBs so far this season, and he's more talented, physically, than any of them. Our issues have been with blocking, not the backfield.

7footer

Reaction score
Just wanted to dig this up to say...

"You called it Gimme!"

(other than your underestimate of his total yardage of course)

;-)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Paging 30YardSlant."

"Paging 30YardSlant."

"Miss Cleo on line 2."

"Paging..."

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Another stat for comparison sake:

• Felix has 255 yards all season
  • Murray had 253 today
  • Murray is now the team leader with 324 yards

physeter

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;4191837 said:
Well, mens, I don't rightly know what cusp means but I think it means at the edge or near or something like that.

But, mens, cubicle dwellers and youse with limited lives, DeMarco this Sunday will have his chance:
He will face the worst rushing defense team in the NFL.

Yes, he will be playing with a banged up O line, but it is his chance to show the Cowboy world how much he kin contribute to us.

DeMarco, we hand the mantle of RB responsibilithy (I am developing a lisp with the medication) to yew.

Ah predict he will rush for 119 yards. How's that?

DeMarco Power!

I must admit your prediction looked bold at the time! But you predicted it well!!:bow:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
physeter;4197487 said:
I must admit your prediction looked bold at the time! But you predicted it well!!:bow:

Right...the Cowboys beat up on a bad team. I hope they don't think they are "all that now".

It was a good game...but still...who wants to beat up a college team?

:confused:

physeter

Reaction score
5Stars;4197539 said:
Right...the Cowboys beat up on a bad team. I hope they don't think they are "all that now".

Agree...but the OP had the nerve to call it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Great game by Murray. Some good tough running on his part and a good job of the line giving him some space to run through

lwehlers

Reaction score
i really liked how hard murray ran and did not go down on the first hit like jones does most of the time. hopefully when jones is back we can a good one two punch and not have to throw 40 times a game. romo has lost both games he has thrown 40 times or more this year.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Just maybe we should slow down a bit. I think Murray showed something today. But he also has to have the holes.

basilhayden

Reaction score
5Stars;4197539 said:

+1 Agree. Big deal. Beat some decent teams now and impress the rest of us...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;4197571 said:
Just maybe we should slow down a bit. I think Murray showed something today. But he also has to have the holes.

Slow down from what the kid had a great game let him have center stage tonight. Yes he had holes and played vs a bad team. He still went out and set a franchise record held by Emmitt Smith. I'm not going to put Murray into the HOF but damn the kid just had a big night let the fans enjoy it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
basilhayden;4197582 said:

The thread is about 1 guy and his night. Are you people this cynical that you can't even enjoy a game or get bent out of shape because others are happy about this win and the game by Murray?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
basilhayden;4197582 said:

They just finished scaring the crap out of some big boy teams.

And tonight, they beat up on a weaker team. So what...

:cool:

I hope the Cowboys players are happy...because I think Garrett got really mad when Choice put it down.

All in all...I would give a grade of...C+

Not bad, but not good...yet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4197595 said:
The thread is about 1 guy and his night. Are you people this cynical that you can't even enjoy a game or get bent out of shape because others are happy about this win and the game by Murray?
Answer? Drumroll please...

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

WILL SOMEBODY GET THAT GUY TO STOP ALREADY???

*drumroll*

...yes. :)

shockandroll

Reaction score
5Stars;4197643 said:
They just finished scaring the crap out of some big boy teams.

And tonight, they beat up on a weaker team. So what...

:cool:

I hope the Cowboys players are happy...because I think Garrett got really mad when Choice put it down.

All in all...I would give a grade of...C+

Not bad, but not good...yet.

Well, the so what would be we have not beaten up many teams, good or bad lately. This was a good win and was better then a C+. It does not mean we turned a corner or will win another game all year. But there were very few things to be upset about today.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;4197650 said:
Answer? Drumroll please...

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

WILL SOMEBODY GET THAT GUY TO STOP ALREADY???

*drumroll*

...yes. :)

Evidently so. Some guys were setting this game up this morning saying that it only means something if we blow the rams out. We blow the rams out and not good enough. Heck with them, if that is the kind of fan they are then enjoy the misery you earned it. Myself I take no win for granted

followthestar

Reaction score
Murray's big day reminds me of Austin's coming out party - he got his chance and got into the record books. I;ve seen great things from Choice and Felix and now Murray - and I've had reason to doubt that Choice or Felix can be the long-term answer. The fact we are thinking of trading Choice means he is for some reason not THE guy. Jones has has some injury issues.

Murray looked very very impressive today. Ran hard, good vision, speed to the hole and getting the edge - I didn't see any reason to think he can't be the guy. He deserves a chance next week to get enough carries to see if he's for real. But so did Felix last year when Red failed to give him a single carry agaiinst the Skins - remember?

Being opptimistic, if Murray is our next great RB and the OL has gelled somewhat, this offense together with this defense will be championship-caliber. Time will tell, but I'm feeling pretty good right now...