DeMarco Murray stands at the cusp of greatness

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
shockandroll;4197667 said:
Well, the so what would be we have not beaten up many teams, good or bad lately. This was a good win and was better then a C+. It does not mean we turned a corner or will win another game all year. But there were very few things to be upset about today.

Let's put it this way...

I saw some Dallas Cowboy football. ;)

We have a kicker. ;)

But, the team is not going out to parties and stuff where they should be.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4197585 said:
Slow down from what the kid had a great game let him have center stage tonight. Yes he had holes and played vs a bad team. He still went out and set a franchise record held by Emmitt Smith. I'm not going to put Murray into the HOF but damn the kid just had a big night let the fans enjoy it

C'mon now, be a realist. We don't need any cheer or positive feedback. So just stop and realize we are .500 and beat the equivalent of a college team. :rolleyes:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4192015 said:
Murray will never rush for more than 300-400 yards in a season and be out of the league within 5 years due to injury.

I guess Murray will get only about 50 more yards over the next 10 games :banghead:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Fletch;4197830 said:
C'mon now, be a realist. We don't need any cheer or positive feedback. So just stop and realize we are .500 and beat the equivalent of a college team. :rolleyes:

I know...

It was a good game, but so what? It does not mean anything. Not yet.

:cool:

I liked it when Dez when he went to the coach and said whatever he said.

;)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I had a feeling this thread would get revived.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I really hope we don't go back to the split carries situation, just make Felix your third down back and be done with it. I think a runner needs to warm up to the flow of the game and the defense, sometimes it just takes a little time.

7footer

Reaction score
5Stars;4197643 said:
They just finished scaring the crap out of some big boy teams.

And tonight, they beat up on a weaker team. So what...

:cool:

I hope the Cowboys players are happy...because I think Garrett got really mad when Choice put it down.

All in all...I would give a grade of...C+

Not bad, but not good...yet.

Are you giving the Cowboys a C+ on the season, or for today's game?

7footer

Reaction score
followthestar;4197776 said:
Murray's big day reminds me of Austin's coming out party - he got his chance and got into the record books. I;ve seen great things from Choice and Felix and now Murray - and I've had reason to doubt that Choice or Felix can be the long-term answer. The fact we are thinking of trading Choice means he is for some reason not THE guy. Jones has has some injury issues.

Murray looked very very impressive today. Ran hard, good vision, speed to the hole and getting the edge - I didn't see any reason to think he can't be the guy. He deserves a chance next week to get enough carries to see if he's for real. But so did Felix last year when Red failed to give him a single carry agaiinst the Skins - remember?

Being opptimistic, if Murray is our next great RB and the OL has gelled somewhat, this offense together with this defense will be championship-caliber. Time will tell, but I'm feeling pretty good right now...

Very good point. I remember when Austin had his coming out party against KC there were tons of people who said it was probably just a fluke...Then he one-upped it the very next game with another 200+ yard performance, and then had a 150+ yard performance the game after that.

The knock on Murray's stats today is that we were playing against the worst rushing defense in the league. However, Murray broke Emmitt Smith's prior club record of 237 yards today, and I'm pretty sure Smith ran against some pretty bad rushing defenses throughout his career as well (and with a better O-Line to boot).

Now I'm not saying Murray is going to be better than Emmitt, but in the same way we shouldn't overreact to today's accomplishment, I also don't think it's right to simply dismiss it just because "it's the Rams, dude".

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I tried saying this in the beginning of the season and on Emp's show. Murray is young, fresh and hungry. You don't feature Felix Jones because he's Felix Jones.

Good play calling, JG. :)

robbieruff

Reaction score
7footer;4198167 said:
Very good point. I remember when Austin had his coming out party against KC there were tons of people who said it was probably just a fluke...Then he one-upped it the very next game with another 200+ yard performance, and then had a 150+ yard performance the game after that.

The knock on Murray's stats today is that we were playing against the worst rushing defense in the league. However, Murray broke Emmitt Smith's prior club record of 237 yards today, and I'm pretty sure Smith ran against some pretty bad rushing defenses throughout his career as well (and with a better O-Line to boot).

Now I'm not saying Murray is going to be better than Emmitt, but in the same way we shouldn't overreact to today's accomplishment, I also don't think it's right to simply dismiss it just because "it's the Rams, dude".

Dude - Emmitt's 237 came against the Eagles AT Philly in a torrential rainstorm...where we had zero passing game...not even fair to mention these two performances in the same sentence...that said, super excited about D Murray's potential!!! :)

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
:bow: Anybody who posted a thread three days that said "Demarco Murray stands at the cusp of greatness" deserves major props.

You sir, are a genius... today anyway. A toast to you. :toast:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Q_the_man;4197838 said:
I guess Murray will get only about 50 more yards over the next 10 games :banghead:

Color me surprised. Murray has undeniably had durability issues, maybe he is finally over them.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
up a thread that's negative it's locked

but if it's to say i told you so i a positive light I see it's ok around here lol

Anyway I'm glad Murray broke out for us. It was good to see Tanner get in the mix as well.

Hopefully against another struggling run D in philly, Murray can build on his career day

7footer

Reaction score
robbieruff;4198444 said:
Dude - Emmitt's 237 came against the Eagles AT Philly in a torrential rainstorm...where we had zero passing game...not even fair to mention these two performances in the same sentence...that said, super excited about D Murray's potential!!! :)

The circumstances surrounding Emmitt's previous rushing record have nothing to do with this. The fact remains that Demarco ran for more yards than Emmitt ever did in a single game, period. That alone makes these two performances fair to mention in the same sentence.

If you are arguing that Emmitt's record was somehow more valid because of who he rushed against and what the field conditions were, then surely he should have also been able to top his own record when he ran against the many other "easier" opponents...but he didn't...Murray did.

And I say this as a huge Emmitt Smith fan.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I added Murray to my fantasy football teams and started him yesterday.

He missed OTAs due to the strike. He missed training camp due to his hamstring. He didn't get the chance to feel comfortable with the offense until several games into the season. I had a feeling he was going to break out at some point. (Certainly didn't expect 200+ though).

Had to like his post-game press conference. He seems very levelheaded.

My guess is that he's a good running back who had a great day.

That's not a criticism, though. The guy certainly took full advantage of his opportunity yesterday and he was the best that he could be.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So a guy runs for 250-plus yards and the coach says he's not sure who the starter is?

When Felix gets 250-plus yards he can be our starter.

Otherwise keep Murray in and see what he can do as a starter.

And try to "showcase" the lethargic Tash during trash time so we kin trade him for maybe some football equipment.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;4201507 said:
So a guy runs for 250-plus yards and the coach says he's not sure who the starter is?

When Felix gets 250-plus yards he can be our starter.

Otherwise keep Murray in and see what he can do as a starter.

And try to "showcase" the lethargic Tash during trash time so we kin trade him for maybe some football equipment.

What...?

You want a bunch of flat footballs, cracked helmets, shoulder pads with straps missing, a few whistles with the little balls missing?

I say send Choice and $5000.00 to the eagles so Choice can be with the one he loves!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
5Stars;4201547 said:
What...?

You want a bunch of flat footballs, cracked helmets, shoulder pads with straps missing, a few whistles with the little balls missing?

I say send Choice and $5000.00 to the eagles so Choice can be with the one he loves!

We gotta get something, anything, for Choice.

We burned a 4th-round draft pick on him. someone give us a developing safety or O-lineman at least.

Damn, this Murray kid has made Sunday's special agin.

Stautner

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;4201666 said:
We gotta get something, anything, for Choice.

We burned a 4th-round draft pick on him. someone give us a developing safety or O-lineman at least.

Damn, this Murray kid has made Sunday's special agin.

He at least made one Sunday special. Here's hoping there are more to come.