Demarcus Lawrence is fat

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Hmmmmm April 13th. Is there a game this weekend that I don't know about? No? Then who cares what he looks like now? Lot's of time to get in shape. If he's garbage it will play itself out this season. LOL at folks who want all questions answered in April.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hmmmmm April 13th. Is there a game this weekend that I don't know about? No? Then who cares what he looks like now? Lot's of time to get in shape. If he's garbage it will play itself out this season. LOL at folks who want all questions answered in April.

Yup and the offseason conditioning program starts in less than a week.

That is 6 weeks before OTA's, 14 weeks until TC, and 21 weeks until the season. Then of course players lose weight over the grind of a season.

I'll save the fretting for July.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If thread comments are a relative sampling of overall public opinion?

Answer: A lot.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Bill Parcells would not have put up with this crap. He had weight restrictions for each player and they'd better come in on schedule.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He's trying to give Vince Wilfolk a run for his money. Every pick this draft should be defense.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Back conditioning or lack there of isn't going to factor into a disk herniating. That can happen to anyone at any point.

Actually it does. Someone who is out of shape, is putting more stress on the posterior ligaments and surrounding stabilizing tissues for the spinal cord in order to keep you erect. It adds so much additional stress to the body when you bend forward, placing the stabilizers and extensors at a disadvantageous position. Hence the reason people herniate the discs commonly when they bend forward, in efforts to lift additional weight .

After back surgery, treatment immediately is focused on rebuilding and managing the stabilizing musculature of the spinal cord, often focusing on the Multifidus and Transverse Abdominus muscles. In fact, that is a universal rule of post-op back surgery.

While you are right, that a disc herniation can happen to anyone, being overweight and having weak core musculature in fact heavily increases the risk of a back injury.
If he is out shape currently, his back is at an increased risk of re-injury. If he cannot maintain conditioning, he will be done by week 3.

I see this all of the time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually it does. Someone who is out of shape, is putting more stress on the posterior ligaments and surrounding stabilizing tissues for the spinal cord in order to keep you erect. It adds so much additional stress to the body when you bend forward, placing the stabilizers and extensors at a disadvantageous position. Hence the reason people herniate the discs commonly when they bend forward, in efforts to lift additional weight .

After back surgery, treatment immediately is focused on rebuilding and managing the stabilizing musculature of the spinal cord, often focusing on the Multifidus and Transverse Abdominus muscles. In fact, that is a universal rule of post-op back surgery.

While you are right, that a disc herniation can happen to anyone, being overweight and having weak core musculature in fact heavily increases the risk of a back injury.
If he is out shape currently, his back is at an increased risk of re-injury. If he cannot maintain conditioning, he will be done by week 3.

I see this all of the time.

200_s.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I sure hope that pic of D-Law is an old one and not something recent. He's been pretty much of a disappointment up 'til now, so it'd at least be a small blessing to see him come to camp in shape. Is that really too much to ask? Well, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Last edited: