News: Demarcus Lawrence To Be Suspended For Failed Drug Test

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I really hope this doesn't push the Bosa agenda. And for those who will ask "why don't you like Bosa" it is a mix of football "gut" and things I think you can't explain. The guy was all world early in his college career. Then his numbers started to slip year by year and he was getting a little more banged up. I get it, the guy was double and tripled teamed at times. But that is what worries me. He doesn't have all world speed off the edge to start. Then you add that his time getting to the QB was down because of help on him. Well in the NFL one Tyron Smith is as good as some double teams. His competition is going to be way up and he will have to adjust to a more physical game like he experienced the last two years. Sometimes you can't reasonably explain why a certain player doesn't do it for you but in my head he is a guy who will constantly be on the sideline with a "nagging" injury or issue and when he does play it will be a mix of brilliant and "where did he go." So that's my deal with Bosa if it even mattered.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Screw it, let's go 100% offense and outscore everyone....will at least be fun watching 45-42 games. Tunsil in the first, best OL in the league gets better. Best WR in 2nd, and best RB in the third....or best receiving TE and then RB in 4th. Sign whatever def scrubs we can for DL. Be this decade's Miami Dolphins of the 80's or Rams of the late 90's early 2000's.

Yeah, no kidding. With Gregory, Lawrence and Hardy last year, our dline didn't look amazing. Now without two of them for the first 4, I'm not opposed to going all out offense. Worked for the Broncos and Colts 2 seasons ago.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Ben and Skin had on the chatsports fellow that got the scoop, said Lawrence received information about the failed test and that he plans to appeal.

However, chances are that his appeal will be denied and suspended 4 games.

The Cowboys have not been notified yet probably pending the outcome of the appeal.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
if they smoke why would they want to quit? if your "diatribe" is done w/o use or first hand knowledge then you may as well say the movie "reefer madness" was 100% spot on accurate and be just as wrong.

Hmm...they would want to quit because they stand to lose millions of dollars. In cases closer to me....they might want to quit to keep their well paying jobs. No problem with medical marijuana for legit usage. And I wouldn't care if it was made legal to all. However, while it is illegal....I would think these people would quit smoking in order to keep their jobs, stay out of jail, etc.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
At some point the NFL will wise up and make a straight policy of, "if you fail a drug test of any kind, your career in the NFL is done forever".

I think it's more likely that the NFLPA will fight to have a much looser drug policy, at least for non-PEDs.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Not jealous of money. Upset at different standards. If I fail a drug test...just one...I lose my job. No person responsiblity in my eyes from them. They cost themselves money, their teammates money, the owners money, if being suspended takes them out of the playoffs. Selfish attitude IMO.

Right, but it would be an extreme punishment to ruin their lives over one indiscretion. You might get fired from your job, but you can find another job in your field. These guys have focused their lives from about age 12 on this one skillset, and don't have any others of any practical means.

Maybe something more like "X positive tests (2?), and your current contract is terminated and you can never sign with that team again, you have to move cities and sign again" would be harsh but more fair.

The way society is moving, drug rules will be relaxed in time.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yay, another guy with drug rumors. Maybe we can draft Spence, too, and hope that Lawrence, Gregory, Bosa and Spence are not all suspended at the same time.

The good news is we are Vegas favorites to win the all-suspended Super Bowl.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Right, but it would be an extreme punishment to ruin their lives over one indiscretion. You might get fired from your job, but you can find another job in your field. These guys have focused their lives from about age 12 on this one skillset, and don't have any others of any practical means.

Maybe something more like "X positive tests (2?), and your current contract is terminated and you can never sign with that team again, you have to move cities and sign again" would be harsh but more fair.

The way society is moving, drug rules will be relaxed in time.

which means they should be more focused on doing the right thing. NFL career is only like 3 years anyway, so by 25 most are getting into the average citizen job force. It's really not that hard to follow the rules...if you want to.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Amphetemines guys...not weed. More like coco, adderal, meth, or some other uppers.
Lawrence used the high energy stuff. Seems like the Dline was partying in uptown all season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I want to preface by saying get pot off the list they test for but I agree, If someone is going to offer you multi millions to stay off pot for 10 years or at least 6 months during NFL season I cant see why it isnt possible. it isnt an addicting drug.

All addictions aren't the same. It may not produce a chemical addiction (and that's debatable), but it can produce a psychological, a habit-forming addiction.

movaughn88

Reaction score
which means they should be more focused on doing the right thing. NFL career is only like 3 years anyway, so by 25 most are getting into the average citizen job force. It's really not that hard to follow the rules...if you want to.

I mean, if you weren't prone to occasional bouts of vice or benders in your early 20's, then you're made of a different material than I am, and even back in those days I took my career extremely seriously. It can't be one strike and you're out. People are human.

Plus the opportunities for entertainment / partying for these guys are way more advanced and appealing than 99% of the general population due to their sheer popularity in their environments.