Derrick Henry

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Shoot , we paid Pollard 10 million last year for what. Surely we could get Henry for that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
If it was for a very team friendly deal, I definitely pull the trigger.

I just try to think, with all the holes this team has, if he could be a stop-gap solution for a season while we draft for other needs? Obviously at the right price.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
NO. The answer hasn't changed. Don't pay 30 year old RB's. Put the money into the OL and draft a RB.
Spotrac has Henry's market value at 10mil.
Pass.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/derrick-henry-18994/market-value/

Last year Henry's YPC was 4.2. Henry has been 4.4ypc or less the last 3 years. He's mediocre, trending down, 30, and projected to cost 7 figures.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HenrDe00.htm

Dowdle was 4.1. Malik Davis's career was 4.2.

No.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on the money but Dallas should reach out and have that conversation.

Flamma

Reaction score
Shoot , we paid Pollard 10 million last year for what. Surely we could get Henry for that.
Good point. He'd be a year or two RB. The positive I see is that the Cowboys wouldn't have to draft a RB on day 2 for the next year or two. Focus on other positions. Hopefully not TE.

GINeric

Reaction score
I’m sure any RB will be just fine. Specially with a QB who can’t seem to handle pressure. lol his first 3 years he had a top line and RB. That worked out well.

And until this season, the last 3 years, the offensive line hadn't played together due to injury. It's amazing how this fact gets conveniently left out.

It's incredible what we've been able to do with interchanging offensive line parts up until this year, huh. We definitely don't have an elite quarterback, but it's impressive that he was able to become 2nd team All Pro WITHOUT a functioning running game.

Again our qb isn't elite, but what's our record look like without him and a weak run game? What, 6 or 7 wins if we're lucky? Exactly.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would hope the Cowboys would sign a veteran and a draft pick at every position with lack of depth which is RB right now based on Pollard’s status. Yeah, we’ve seen how well it works counting on a single draft pick not selected in the top 15 to solve a position without depth. I can see the threads already when our 3rd round pick can’t squeak out 50 yards a game…. Why did we not add another running back in free agency???

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO. The answer hasn't changed. Don't pay 30 year old RB's. Put the money into the OL and draft a RB.
Everyone is screaming to go all in. Jerry even said it but I’m pretty sure he was talking about signing his own free agents. But regardless, signing Henry would be a legitimate “all in” move.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Henry’s numbers are declining. I would be okay with him on a one year deal but we need to draft a back for the future.

kskboys

Reaction score
Everyone is screaming to go all in. Jerry even said it but I’m pretty sure he was talking about signing his own free agents. But regardless, signing Henry would be a legitimate “all in” move.
Meh

Big_D

Reaction score
And until this season, the last 3 years, the offensive line hadn't played together due to injury. It's amazing how this fact gets conveniently left out.

It's incredible what we've been able to do with interchanging offensive line parts up until this year, huh. We definitely don't have an elite quarterback, but it's impressive that he was able to become 2nd team All Pro WITHOUT a functioning running game.

Again our qb isn't elite, but what's our record look like without him and a weak run game? What, 6 or 7 wins if we're lucky? Exactly.

Everything I said was correct. He doesn't handle pressure in the playoffs and the run game needs to improve drastically to help in that regard. Somehow you want to spin that into how truly lucky we are to have him! lol

Big_D

Reaction score
They can legitimately sign Henry, a LB and find a DT all before the draft. And you don't have to break the bank on any one of them. Everyone expects a huge splash where you can make 3 solid moves.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Draft a new center and offensive tackle, sign Henry to a 2 year deal ,14 million guaranteed. Draft Bralon Allen rb Wisconsin in the 3rd round ,and all the sudden Dallas has a running game.

Big_D

Reaction score
Derek Henry is not what so many of you think he is.

He had 12 TDs on a crap offense. 6 straight years of double digits... what is he exactly?

This is the one 30 year old I'm willing to take a chance on. He's on another planet. Don't let him end up in Baltimore. This is a great opportunity to finally take pressure off the QB. AND they can still draft a RB.

Derrick Henry has an unbelievable 20 plays with 50 yards or more

14 plays of 60 yards or more

7 plays of 70 yards or more

10 TDs scored 60 yards or more

99 yard TD run --Jax 2018
94 yard TD run --Hou 2020
76 yard TD run --Buff 2021
75 yard TD run --Hou 2017
75 yard TD catch --Cle 2019
74 yard TD run --Jax 2019
72 yard TD run --Indy 2017
69 yard run --Jax 2024