Twitter: Dez at Playing Weight. Lost 10lbs

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Barring re-injury Dez will be on an NFL roster Week 2 at the latest this coming season.

The Cowboys on the final cut in 2018 cut Bryant who sat around unsigned through week 9 2018. The only reason he was signed then was due to injuries to two of the saints receivers and he was the signee of last resort. On his first practice he suffered a serious injury that caused him to miss the rest of that season and even when he was physically able to play the last 6 games of the 2019 season he sat because no team wanted him. Now he's been out of football for TWO complete seasons, and he is 31 years old and the last couple of years he did play he was a one trick pony. There are and will be much younger BETTER receivers who can play whatever role Bryant sees for himself. So what in whatever world you're in makes you think that a has been, one trick pony receiver , who never had any blazing speed and has to be even slower now, that the last season he played led the league in drops and who sat until a team was desperate enough to have to sign him will be snapped up by week 2 this season?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Cowboys on the final cut in 2018 cut Bryant who sat around unsigned through week 9 2018. The only reason he was signed then was due to injuries to two of the saints receivers and he was the signee of last resort. On his first practice he suffered a serious injury that caused him to miss the rest of that season and even when he was physically able to play the last 6 games of the 2019 season he sat because no team wanted him. Now he's been out of football for TWO complete seasons, and he is 31 years old and the last couple of years he did play he was a one trick pony. There are and will be much younger BETTER receivers who can play whatever role Bryant sees for himself. So what in whatever world you're in makes you think that a has been, one trick pony receiver , who never had any blazing speed and has to be even slower now, that the last season he played led the league in drops and who sat until a team was desperate enough to have to sign him will be snapped up by week 2 this season?
Let's check in on this in 7 months. Good day.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don’t know...there’s a reason he’s doing this now. There’s a small chance someone in the organization may have spoken to him and let him know a return may be possible.

Just odd that this is getting so much press and that he’s doing it at the star. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. Not saying it will it probably won’t but it wouldn’t shock me.

Just where is there any direct quote that Jones was there let alone has made ANY comments about Bryant possibly rejoining the Cowboys? All that is known is that somebody in the Cowboys organization allowed Bryant to use their facility that at this time that is being unused.

Big_D

Reaction score
Bring him in!! Could certainly use him in the red zone and the price should be in the Cowboys favor considering how much they're spending elsewhere!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Bring him in!! Could certainly use him in the red zone and the price should be in the Cowboys favor considering how much they're spending elsewhere!

Ya lets give the guy who is 31 and never had any speed who has to be even slower now that the last two complete seasons he played he was 1 drop away from leading the league in drops and the last season he DID lead the league in drops instead of using that roster spot on a receiver that catches the ball. That makes such perfect sense at least to you.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
source.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am just bumping this to get over the ridiculous Dak Prescott contract threads.

Might as well rouse the Bryant homers.

stinkface

Reaction score
Ok..

Check this out..

Not everyone agree's with you:

Cris Carter took to the airwaves during the 2016 season and blasted Bryant for his inability to run the entire tree, citing his "low football IQ" as the issue. The comments sparked a war between the two after Bryant then told Carter to "go watch film".

The rift climaxed when Carter then later told the veteran to "stop DM'ing him", referencing private messages he alleges Bryant sent him after the initial back-and-forth.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Sounds like youre hoping for that to happen. Youre a stand up guy.
We won't need to because by that time Bryant will open up his mouth and say something that will turn every team off AGAIN and he'll still be sitting.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I don’t know...there’s a reason he’s doing this now. There’s a small chance someone in the organization may have spoken to him and let him know a return may be possible.

Just odd that this is getting so much press and that he’s doing it at the star. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. Not saying it will it probably won’t but it wouldn’t shock me.

There is also a small chance Dez needs a job and may be financial in trouble.....

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not everyone agree's with you:

Cris Carter took to the airwaves during the 2016 season and blasted Bryant for his inability to run the entire tree, citing his "low football IQ" as the issue. The comments sparked a war between the two after Bryant then told Carter to "go watch film".

The rift climaxed when Carter then later told the veteran to "stop DM'ing him", referencing private messages he alleges Bryant sent him after the initial back-and-forth.
And this in your opinion is all correct?

Chris Carter is like Stephen A. You either laugh or switch the channel with them. Chris is a good WR in his day, granted.

But not an authority on everything football.

So if you like him..fine. No prob.

But he doesn't do all that for me.

He is one voice, not THE Voice.

And Dez slamming him with IMs is hysterical. I can see it easily from Dez. Good trash talker.

We could use more of that on this team.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I think that we could find someone younger, cheaper and faster to drop a bunch of passes.

Qcard

Reaction score
You obviously are a Bryant fan but you need to come to grips with the fact that Bryant is never going to play for the Cowboys and probably no other team again.
Obviously have no clue how incompetent Garrett had become since 2013....the Jones will every player here and gone under McCarthy lenses...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah.

But he says some interesting things.

I don’t hear people who get paid to talk football saying the things he’s saying. Granted I didn’t listen to the entire video because I thought he was an idiot. I don’t take seriously what a lot of arm chair fans have to say. Dez isn’t playing for the reasons I mentioned. I firmly believe that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lol, good point. One question. Do you think he'll still drop passes after losing the weight?!

Dez could have healed up from his lingering problems, and catching balls from a Jugs machine is certainly something he *could* have been doing for a long time.

I think he will probably have a lot of upside relative to the limited salary he's likely to command, though his history here makes him a bad fit for us, much like I'd say Witten is now. Too much deference because of who they've been to the franchise in the past instead of what they mean now.