Dez Bryant isn't worth his contract

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey coach. Well, he doesn't seem to be a good fit with Prescott. Need to stop forcing the ball his way. This Eagle game may not be any fun??
Forcing the ball isn't on Dez, that's on Linehan and Dak. Anyway, like it or not, he's the best we got right now. We need to add a stud wr an TE for next year's offense. But that's next year, let's just hope we can pull one out of our butt tomorrow night.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Forcing the ball isn't on Dez, that's on Linehan and Dak. Anyway, like it or not, he's the best we got right now. We need to add a stud wr an TE for next year's offense. But that's next year, let's just hope we can pull one out of our butt tomorrow night.
Yep. No question about that. The Eagles game is the season. The Cowboys are in tough.

sbark

Reaction score
Maybe the question is.............would Cooper Rush throw Dez open better?.............LOL

well maybe in a couple of years.....Contract year for Dak :)

Kalyan

Reaction score
He is oast his prime, he was never a speed guy and if he is not demanding double teams, he should have 100 yard games at least once, he is not #1 anymore, more like #2 possession guy and the amount of drops he is having is alarming, not difficult ones but that he gets both hands on

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dez should actually re-do his deal and take over the Witten role in the passing tree

The step up in athleticism will make a huge impact and Dez has always been better going across the field as opposed to straight down the sidelines

And it would save 10m on the salary cap we can use somewhere else...... draft or trade for another young WR next year for the outside

412-DCN

Reaction score
ya'll dont ever get tired of doing this ****? Team no showed but lets go after one of the handful of guys that showed a pulse. Please, I hope Dez does get to go and play for a winning organization.

Fair weather fans comes to mind. Dez isn’t the problem but takes the blame all the time.

Verdict

Reaction score
The legitimate discussion has already happened..several times.
You, XWalker, Risen all will spam the thread with your opinions. We all know them already. A larger group of Cowboys fans don’t agree with your opinions and you can’t stand it. Somehow you think if you can get more people to agree with you then you will be right and justified.

Dude these are all opinions on both sides. We don’t need to agree and we won’t. It’s ok really.
But let’s stop making post after post about bashing Dez and then come here crying about how we can’t discuss it. There will be no conclusion that you are happy with. People will continue to disagree...accept it.

The crux of your post appears (and my response) to be as follows:

1. Legitimate discussion has happened and it should not be discussed anymore.

This is a message board in which it's primary function is to discuss the Dallas Cowboys. I agree that there has been legitimate discussion among a few open minded individuals who are willing to be honest with themselves and look at Dez for who he is. An overpaid under performing player who is at minimum a distraction and is on pace for a very sub par year AGAIN.

It is odd that people can bash literally any player on this forum to death (it happens daily) and yet Dez is like some sort of sacred cow to some posters. It is almost comical the lengths to which some posters will go to justify why he sucks so badly, or are in complete denial. The Dez Fan Bois want no criticism of Dez allowed here. It's really odd since this is a discussion board.

I keep hoping Dez will prove me wrong and he will take over a game and carry the team to a win over a team we shouldn't beat, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before that happens. I can't remember a game like that from him in forever. Certainly not this year and we are paying him to do it routinely.

2. Three posters don't like Dez and are ruining everything.

Im not sure why someone criticizing Dez ruins anyone's day. This board is about legitimate discussion. Discussion includes criticism. I once thought of Dez as a top 10 talent too. But that's so far in the rear view mirror it's not even funny.

There are tons of posts here daily that I don't agree with but you don't hear me going around saying make it stop. That's a snowflake mentality. I haven't asked you or any other poster to stop saying good things about Dez because it offends me. Can you imagine me saying stop saying Dez is beasting because it offends me? It would be absurd. Trying to silence Dez' critics is equally absurd.

3. There are more Dez Fan Bois than Dez Detractors.

I'm not sure about that. The Dez sucks bandwagon is filling up fast and I see more and more hopping on board daily.

I was a Romo fan last year and initially thought it was absurd to want Dak to replace him. I felt like it was premature. I still think it was probably a bit premature. On the other hand the more evidence (Dak's play) I saw the more I realized it wasn't as clear cut as I thought it was. Perhaps you will see the Dez Sucks issue potentially the same.

4. We want more people to agree that Dez sucks so we will be justified.

I'm not sure there is any "winning" or "justification" involved here. It is better for us if Dez proves his detractors wrong. That increases our chance of winning.

This isn't so much about Dez the guy. He is probably a bit weak minded and immature but as a person I hear he is a great guy from people who know him well. But his cap hit and poor performance are hurting our team. Forcing the ball to him is hurting our team. The team is far more important to me than Dez the player.

5. These all all opinions on both sides and it is OK to disagree.

Apparently it isn't ok to disagree according to the Dez Fan Bois. I think disagreement is fine. It's productive. It's educational. It's enlightening.

In fact it's what makes this board great. If everyone viewed things the same it would be boring as hell here.

Contrary opinions should be welcomed not attempted to be silenced because you don't like the message.

6. We should stop criticizing Dez.

Well, actually, Dez should start playing up to his contract so we can let up on him, or everyone should be piling on the Dez sucks band wagon with the rest of us. It's growing by the day. It's a legitimate complaint. I think the Fan Bois are most concerned that one day there will only be a couple of them left clinging on to the notion that Dez is still great and that none of this is Dez' fault. I am sure there are still a couple of people that think Quincy Carter got a raw deal too, but it's a very lonely bandwagon.

7. There will be no conclusion we are happy with.

Actually that's where you are wrong. Consistently performing up to his contract would solve the criticism. It would stop and we could high five and do a victory lap about it.

Or we could get rid of his albatross of a contract and his lack of production and move on to discussing other things.

Verdict

Reaction score
His guaranteed money is finished this season. He will be released after this season. His time in Dallas is over.

You would have to think it is almost a foregone conclusion at this point unless all the team cares about is jersey sales. His contract is a real albatross.

He needs to show signs he can be an elite guy again to justify keeping him around. Guys do twice as much as Dez with half of the targets.

Dez better figure out how to run some other routes in a hurry and start producing if he is going to be a Cowboy next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hey coach. Well, he doesn't seem to be a good fit with Prescott. Need to stop forcing the ball his way. This Eagle game may not be any fun??

The coaching staff coaching Dak to throw Dez the ball is maddening. Dak came in as a rookie knowing to throw the ball to the open guy and they seem to be telling him to force it to Dez even though at best he will catch 50 percent of his targets.