Dez criticism on NFL network

Verdict

Reaction score
Don't want to start another thread, so I'll put this here. This might be the year to look for WR in the first 2 rounds to pair up with Dez. A lot of guys here who are taIl and have plus route running. I think this would make all our WRs better.

http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2018WR.php

We need a #1 receiver. Dez isn't it. You don't pay a #1 receiver and pay Dez #1 receiver money on top of that. Dez and Witten both need to be shown the door. Witten is a hall of famer but he has been a "has been/progress stopper" for the past several years. Just like Dez.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The guy who once rejected tradition by refusing to carry veteran receiver Roy Williams' pads when he was a rookie seven years ago is now 29 and the oldest player at his position for the Cowboys. The 'Boys are a very young team and are going places.

The WR position isn’t one the 'Boys desperately need help at but it wouldn’t hurt to add a top talent to the position. While Dez iis still one of the best red zone WR’s in the league & Beasley is one of the best possession receivers in the league, the 'Boys really don’t have a complete receiver.

What the receiver position lacks is a guy who has speed, route running ability, and the skills to make plays after the catch. The guy the 'Boys could target in the second round who could potentially be that guy for Dallas is Memphis’ Anthony Miller. Miller is a deadly route runner that uses his quickness and smarts to separate from opposing cornerbacks. Along with his great ability to separate, Miller has very sticky hands and is an absolute monster after the catch.

Miller can win on short passing plays or deep vertical bombs. The wide out would instantly add a dynamic option at WR for the 'Boys, something to help take the pressure off of Dez, Beasley, & the 'Boys running game. It's time for Miller to carry Dez' pads.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
The guy who once rejected tradition by refusing to carry veteran receiver Roy Williams' pads when he was a rookie seven years ago is now 29 and the oldest player at his position for the Cowboys. The 'Boys are a very young team and are going places. Now we need an elite receiver as well. Dez isn't cutting it.

Dez is probably a nice guy, but quite honestly he has always been a headache for the team since day one. We had to hire him a full time babysitter. Do you realize how dysfunctional that is? How much of a ****up do you have to be for a team to hire you a full time babysitter as a full grown man?????

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dez is probably a nice guy, but quite honestly he has always been a headache for the team since day one. We had to hire him a full time babysitter. Do you realize how dysfunctional that is? How much of a ****up do you have to be for a team to hire you a full time babysitter as a full grown man?????

I wish Zeke got one when they drafted him

Staubacher

Reaction score

0mainart.png

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I criticize Dez everyday and believe every word of it. Why would Dez Bryant being criticized on NFL Network even register on my radar. He's overpaid, underperforms and an idiot on the sideline. The Cowboys should have never made the financial commitment they did to him. NFL Network can tell me anything.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Well, most of the time when you're having problems with routes, speed, and getting open (which can be all related), the ball isn't coming your way so it's hard to find examples.
look, the guy isn't the same guy he was even last year, time to move on.

I can think of 2 passes during the first game which Dez miss-timed his jump or they were easy completions.
Yes somehow from the GB game last year and week 1 he's lost it. /sarcasm

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We should have draft a WR rather than Randy Gregory. We could have had Tyler Lockett.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Maybe or maybe not. For example, Dak threw two screens to him at his ankles. All Dez has to do it stand there and wait for the pass and Dak nearly one hopped him twice in the Eagles game.

yeah they were brutal passes

Dez has also dropped relatively easy catches too

No one is solely to blame

RS12

Reaction score
Darren Woodson said all this last week too on ESPN radio. He is just stating the obvious. I am sure I'll hear the usual evil media from the usual suspects.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
The guy who once rejected tradition by refusing to carry veteran receiver Roy Williams' pads when he was a rookie seven years ago is now 29 and the oldest player at his position for the Cowboys. The 'Boys are a very young team and are going places.

The WR position isn’t one the 'Boys desperately need help at but it wouldn’t hurt to add a top talent to the position. While Dez iis still one of the best red zone WR’s in the league & Beasley is one of the best possession receivers in the league, the 'Boys really don’t have a complete receiver.

What the receiver position lacks is a guy who has speed, route running ability, and the skills to make plays after the catch. The guy the 'Boys could target in the second round who could potentially be that guy for Dallas is Memphis’ Anthony Miller. Miller is a deadly route runner that uses his quickness and smarts to separate from opposing cornerbacks. Along with his great ability to separate, Miller has very sticky hands and is an absolute monster after the catch.

Miller can win on short passing plays or deep vertical bombs. The wide out would instantly add a dynamic option at WR for the 'Boys, something to help take the pressure off of Dez, Beasley, & the 'Boys running game. It's time for Miller to carry Dez' pads.
I like Miller.

erod

Reaction score
Anybody catch the piece they did criticizing Dez? Reggie Wayne was talking about how Dez really doesn't do anything really good. Routes, speed, getting open, etc.

What was funny though, is the whole time he's talking, they're running clips of Dez with passes hitting his ankles, two feet behind him, or sailing over his head. One clip he jumps like three feet higher than anyone around him but the ball is still sails six feet over his head. Only one clip had him actually dropping a pass.

I thought it was funny. None of the other talking heads said anything about the passes.
It's hard to throw a good pass to someone when you have no idea where he's going.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Our passing game problems are tied to Dak and Dez. That's just reality. As pointed out, his target numbers will seem high but how many are really high quality targets? But on the flipside, he's run some lazy routes at times, he's dropped catchable balls and he's done things like that alligator arms move on the sideline against the Eagles.

Sometimes, things just don't work for whatever reason. It's going to be interesting to see where this "relationship" goes. Dak and Dez can't continue to be on different pages going forward.

Yes sir and for some unexplained reason things do work.

How do you explain Lauren Robinson and Romo? He tore it up in his time in Dallas then disappeared in Jacksonville but they had a chemistry that was undeniable.

Tony was his retirement fund - good for him though.