Dez Explains His Absence. Says Phone Died

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
McFadden breaks his elbow supposedly trying to catch his phone after he dropped it. And we thought that was stupid. Along comes Dez with his idiotic phone story.

I'm guessing JayZ was able to make contact with Dez even though his phone wasn't charged. I ain't buying any of this goofy excuse until I see Dez's phone records. I suspect he was making and taking calls those three days.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
McFadden breaks his elbow supposedly trying to catch his phone after he dropped it. And we thought that was stupid. Along comes Dez with his idiotic phone story.

I'm guessing JayZ was able to make contact with Dez even though his phone wasn't charged. I ain't buying any of this goofy excuse until I see Dez's phone records. I suspect he was making and taking calls those three days.

What was "idiotic" about it? The title is misleading, did you even read the tweets?

mrmojo

Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal is, the players run this team anyway, haven't we known that for some time now? Dez will play when he is ready, no repercussions.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Federal crime? Of course not. But to turn your phone off and disappear because you are scared of the real world, that's pretty immature. If you don't see why people have an issue with this, especially seeing his track record, then I can't do much. It's a growing concern with him. He says all the right things but never actually takes action and puts those words into something real.

Please elaborate.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Dez is manic depressive.

He's excited one moment and off the end of the pier the next.

Or he's got a touch of BI-Polar.

He obviously needs counceling.

To be completely honest I think he's just ignorant. I love the passion and the player, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And what's funny, I don't blame him. His parents did when they got arrested, or whatever and he slept on his coaches couch, etc, etc. Schooling and learning was evidently probably not a top priority. It happens to a lot of young people with his talent.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
To be completely honest I think he's just ignorant. I love the passion and the player, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And what's funny, I don't blame him. His parents did when they got arrested, or whatever and he slept on his coaches couch, etc, etc. Schooling and learning was evidently probably not a top priority. It happens to a lot of young people with his talent.
I'm sure.

Love to watch him play.

Like Irvin..

only less acute.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Zeke: "Dak, where's Dez?"
Prescott: "I don't know. Hey, Tony, where's Dez?"
Romo: "No idea. Jason, where's Dez? What did the MRI say?"
Garrett: "I don't know, I was going to ask you if you'd seen him. I don't think he had the MRI yet."
Romo: "It's Wednesday, has anybody talked to him? Hey, Orlando, you heard from Dez?"
Scandrick: "He still ain't here. Where is he?"

That's not the kind of chatter you want during preparation before a road game.

Not surprising you hear this kinda dialogue in your head.

scottsp

Reaction score
The guy got hurt Sunday night, went off the radar, didn't answer his phone. The club did what it could, which was to administer a slap on the wrist (a fine, which is about all they really can do), and issue...whatever that was Thursday.

And that's fine.

But issue a statement and close ranks. This illusion of accessibility the Cowboys are hellbent on portraying seems to do more harm than good. You've got the head coach talking about "well-intentioned" and "passionate" while providing cover for his star wideout. Then he stands there and takes it from Jacques Taylor and the locals.

Garrett's account of Dez's week was, to me, laughable. Mostly because I didn't buy their explanation. The messenger certainly didn't help by having his pants taken down in the Thursday morning presser.

And now, my phone died? The Cows could have shut this down earlier in the week by giving us nowhere to go. Hard for me to take issue with the evil media and fans who dare question the club and its players.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Who the **** cares? Dude has a broken leg. Y'all really care that much about a damn phone? Really?

I mean, if you're gonna pick something dumb to be mad at, choose his injury. Yes, it's a stupid reason to get mad, but it sure beats the idiocy of going back and forth over a phone call that has no bearing whatsoever on his gameday status.

This is almost comical. Like something out of a Coen Brothers movie.

LOL, this is 7 pages deep and it isn't the offseason.

black label

Reaction score
4134032.jpg

superonyx

Reaction score
The fact that he did it is all that matters. If I commit a crime, saying I'm sorry and that I handled it wrong is not going to excuse it.
I agree....You would have to do the time if you commit the crime....Dez was fined...he paid the price for the crime he committed.
You may not like the punishment but it doesn't really matter.
You may not like to hear his apology. But that doesn't mean his apology suddenly becomes an excuse as you called it.

visionary

Reaction score
It's only a big deal because it's Dez, and because fans and the local media didn't like the way the news trickled out in this case. Media thought they were being handled, and the fans are constantly looking for something to bite, anyway. As far as the team goes, this is going to be another non-issue that will be forgotten about by this time next week.

I do hate it when these things happen. Not because these issues themselves are a big deal, but because everybody overreacts to it as if it were a big deal, works themselves into frenzy, and then settles down again as if the overreactions were warranted. An immature superstar didn't handle injury news well and created a minor stir which led to him missing a meeting and getting fine. Small. Potatoes.

So missing team meetings and practice, MRI to assess injury and treatment sessions is not a big deal?

This has got so far out of hand that the team owned by the biggest enabler in sports history had to fine it's star player and report it publicly

Lol what a joke some of you have become

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The guy got hurt Sunday night, went off the radar, didn't answer his phone. The club did what it could, which was to administer a slap on the wrist (a fine, which is about all they really can do), and issue...whatever that was Thursday.

And that's fine.

But issue a statement and close ranks. This illusion of accessibility the Cowboys are hellbent on portraying seems to do more harm than good. You've got the head coach talking about "well-intentioned" and "passionate" while providing cover for his star wideout. Then he stands there and takes it from Jacques Taylor and the locals.

Garrett's account of Dez's week was, to me, laughable. Mostly because I didn't buy their explanation. The messenger certainly didn't help by having his pants taken down in the Thursday morning presser.

And now, my phone died? The Cows could have shut this down earlier in the week by giving us nowhere to go. Hard for me to take issue with the evil media and fans who dare question the club and its players.
Yeah.

It's sort of like a wife or girlfriend that we know is unfaithful.

Like Clinton and Monika and Hillary.

Everybody lies and everybody covers each other and then we run for President and move on hoping it's all forgotten and forgiven.

I really don't care anymore about Dez.

He just needs to play and help us forget who he is.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
This is slanted to leave out the part where he shows up Tuesday but it was too late for the MRI.
That was the original story. I wonder why it was left out?

Because it is a conspiracy just to make Dez look bad.

DavidS

Reaction score
Can we move on already? geez.

Our media and fans are such losers in life. Over here beating ourselves over the silly actions of a 27 year old man that don't amount to jack.

Meanwhile Michael Irvin who I love to this day tried to killed a man and snorted cocaine off every fine woman's rear during his playing days.

I don't give a rats *** what they do. Just score me touchdowns and play hard.

He does - I am happy.