Dez Explains His Absence. Says Phone Died

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Fair enough, DC.

I've never been one to brush off his more egregious acts (his abuse of his mother, namely).

But a lot of his dirty laundry is aired and it's due to those same folks that you say shouldn't be enabling him. It needs to stay in house (back to that organizational dysfunction/media flair). Those people will never do that for him (keep his stuff in house and reprimand him accordingly), so we're left here where we are now. His phone as a national story and the latest example of how jacked up he is.

I worry about the guy, when he loses his talent in 4 or 5 years it is not going to be pretty, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think his story is going to turn out well, unless he comes to grips with what is going on in his life and fixes it.

The best way to not have your dirty laundry being aired is to clean it up, he makes himself a target, by his actions, he needs to own it.

Again, I hope I am wrong but as of now, I think I will be watching a 30 on 30 story on Dez in 10 years and it is going to be a sad story.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I worry about the guy, when he loses his talent in 4 or 5 years it is not going to be pretty, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think his story is going to turn out well, unless he comes to grips with what is going on in his life and fixes it.

The best way to not have your dirty laundry being aired is to clean it up, he makes himself a target, by his actions, he needs to own it.

Again, I hope I am wrong but as of now, I think I will be watching a 30 on 30 story on Dez in 10 years and it is going to be a sad story.

I tend to agree, unfortunately

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I agree....You would have to do the time if you commit the crime....Dez was fined...he paid the price for the crime he committed.
You may not like the punishment but it doesn't really matter.
You may not like to hear his apology. But that doesn't mean his apology suddenly becomes an excuse as you called it.
Actually, I don't give a you know what.

The point of my post was that he is still a childish brat and needs the **** slapped out so he can figure out that his little world is quite damn special and he should cherish it. There are people a lot smarter and work a lot harder than he does who don't have ****.

Dez is a bleeping dumb***. There is no doubt about that. Someone, please go get Sam Hurd to teach Dez to stop being a ******* moron.

Let's sign Johnny Manziel

dallasdave

Reaction score

The point of my post was that he is still a childish brat and needs the **** slapped out so he can figure out that his little world is quite damn special and he should cherish it. There are people a lot smarter and work a lot harder than he does who don't have ****.

Dez is a bleeping dumb***. There is no doubt about that. Someone, please go get Sam Hurd to teach Dez to stop being a ******* moron.
I thought you went to get some DOUGHNUTS !!!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Anyone who continues to say this is a non issue..please listen to what all the former NFL players are saying about it and get a clue. It's about respect for your organization that had been very understanding of all your bs over the years..and more importantly, respect for your coaches and teammates who are showing up and putting in the work everyday no matter what they are battling through because it's all about the shared goal of winning it all.

Maybe someday Dez will get that..and I love on the field Dez. He obviously busts his butt on game day and will do whatever it takes to help his team win. But the other days of the week matter too, and year 7 of your career, this crap can't happen.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So missing team meetings and practice, MRI to assess injury and treatment sessions is not a big deal?

This has got so far out of hand that the team owned by the biggest enabler in sports history had to fine it's star player and report it publicly

Lol what a joke some of you have become

You really can't disagree with an opinion without taking the personal jab, huh?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who continues to say this is a non issue..please listen to what all the former NFL players are saying about it and get a clue. It's about respect for your organization that had been very understanding of all your bs over the years..and more importantly, respect for your coaches and teammates who are showing up and putting in the work everyday no matter what they are battling through because it's all about the shared goal of winning it all.

Maybe someday Dez will get that..and I love on the field Dez. He obviously busts his butt on game day and will do whatever it takes to help his team win. But the other days of the week matter too, and year 7 of your career, this crap can't happen.

It's an issue for Dez. And it was handled. That's pretty much the end of this particular story. These types of episodes probably played a role at contract time, too, which made Dez' deal a difficult one to do. But as far as impact on the team goes, it's barely a speed bump. Players aren't stupid, and every team is made up of guys who make occasional dumb decisions. This stuff happens regularly, whether we hear about it or not.

This will amount to a similar level of distraction to what we went through when Claiborne left the facilities in a huff when he got demoted two years ago. He made a mistake, it was addressed internally, the players understood, the fans did not, and it was business as usual at his position group a week later. We had people jumping off of bridges over that then, too.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
It's an issue for Dez. And it was handled. That's pretty much the end of this particular story. These types of episodes probably played a role at contract time, too, which made Dez' deal a difficult one to do. But as far as impact on the team goes, it's barely a speed bump. Players aren't stupid, and every team is made up of guys who make occasional dumb decisions. This stuff happens regularly, whether we hear about it or not.

This will amount to a similar level of distraction to what we went through when Claiborne left the facilities in a huff when he got demoted two years ago. He made a mistake, it was addressed internally, the players understood, the fans did not, and it was business as usual at his position group a week later. We had people jumping off of bridges over that then, too.

It's amazing how people are freaking out over this. Look at several threads where it's mentioned time and time again how Dez isn't worth the trouble, how they need to cut him, how he a selfish player, ect...
Everytime I ask anyone what incidents in the past are they talking about they have no good answers. The media blows anything with Dez up. Some Cowboys fans actually have bought in and have convinced themselves that Dez is this diva WR that is a younger version on TO. They forget all the good things Dez has done. They freak out over missing a meeting yet they have no idea how many players on this team and others have missed a meeting. There are not many players that love this game as much as Dez does. He cares more about winning than any player on this team. He got hurt fighting for every last yard he could. He rushed himself back from a broken foot last year. He played 90% of last Sunday's game with a broken leg bone. It's a shame to see fans ignore the heart Dez has and just get so worked up over this.

superonyx

Reaction score

Let's sign Johnny Manziel
You care enough to go off on that rant.
And you may be changing your point now, but your point was that Dez's apology was just an excuse. Just like you said.
Now I agree about professional athletes losing touch with the real world. It's not just Dez. Having millions of people cheer for you and know you combined with making millions of dollars does that to people.

I don't see the correlation between Sam Hurd and Dez Bryant? Hurt went to prison for getting in over his head running drugs. Dez has never had anything to do with drugs.
I also don't see what Johnny Manziel has to do with Dez? Another drug guy that has nothing to do with Dez. Dez isn't out getting into Bar fights and drugging it up. The guy is home with his kids and family.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Players apparently are stupid sometimes..and if this was something that happens all the time I don't think you would've seen the reactions from former pros like we saw.

No one is jumping off bridges..but it's more than the little hiccup you suggest.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Scared of the real world? haha that's a new one. He loves the game of football and it killed him to be on the sidelines last year. And he thought there was a possibility of that happening again. Can you blame him for being reluctant to find out potentially bad news? I understand the right thing to do would've been to just show up when he was supposed to. But to get all worked up about this in nonsense. Dez Bryant has to be the most polarizing non-drug using, non-criminal athlete of all-time.

Actually, that would be TO

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It's amazing how people are freaking out over this. Look at several threads where it's mentioned time and time again how Dez isn't worth the trouble, how they need to cut him, how he a selfish player, ect...
Everytime I ask anyone what incidents in the past are they talking about they have no good answers. The media blows anything with Dez up. Some Cowboys fans actually have bought in and have convinced themselves that Dez is this diva WR that is a younger version on TO. They forget all the good things Dez has done. They freak out over missing a meeting yet they have no idea how many players on this team and others have missed a meeting. There are not many players that love this game as much as Dez does. He cares more about winning than any player on this team. He got hurt fighting for every last yard he could. He rushed himself back from a broken foot last year. He played 90% of last Sunday's game with a broken leg bone. It's a shame to see fans ignore the heart Dez has and just get so worked up over this.

This brings up a topic I haven't really heard discussed yet, but Dez should have been coached out of trying to drag defenders with him about two years ago, IMO. It seems every time he gets hurt it's trying to turn a 20 yard catch into a 21 yard catch. Just go down, Dez! My heart can't take it. Lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As for "moving on" this is a personal choice. I think those of us who are interested in these tidbits are also likely also able to process those things that occur between the lines.

Dez's week isn't of particular interest to me other than the fact he won't be available on Sunday and that the club tends to trip over itself in these matters.

That said, if this matter intrigues and moves you so much as to discuss through the weekend, I understand that, too.

I think the proof of the pudding is how the team handles this.

In days gone by players like Moose, Aikamn and Emmitt would brinksmanship it and it would just add more focus.

Last year..becuz of poor leadership..

problems crated the team.

Dez is a distraction this week and whether or not it has effected game preparation remains to be seen.

I hope the team stays the course of where they are..

but not sure about the ability of the coaches to overcome adversity.

They tried hard to broker what was going on and to micro-manage the reaction without much success.

We'll see..

fingers crossed.