Dez Explains His Absence. Says Phone Died

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So missing team meetings and practice, MRI to assess injury and treatment sessions is not a big deal?

This has got so far out of hand that the team owned by the biggest enabler in sports history had to fine it's star player and report it publicly

Lol what a joke some of you have become

Jerry is the joke, indeed. As is a 7 page thread over some **** all nonsense.

scottsp

Reaction score
As for "moving on" this is a personal choice. I think those of us who are interested in these tidbits are also likely also able to process those things that occur between the lines.

Dez's week isn't of particular interest to me other than the fact he won't be available on Sunday and that the club tends to trip over itself in these matters.

That said, if this matter intrigues and moves you so much as to discuss through the weekend, I understand that, too.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As for "moving on" this is a personal choice. I think those of us who are interested in these tidbits are also likely also able to process those things that occur between the lines.

Dez's week isn't of particular interest to me other than the fact he won't be available on Sunday and that the club tends to trip over itself in these matters.

That said, if this matter intrigues and moves you so much as to discuss through the weekend, I understand that, too.

Perhaps I'm being too critical on these dudes, if they want to go on and on over a phone so be it. Live and let live, as they say. Amirite?

scottsp

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm being too critical on these dudes, if they want to go on and on over a phone so be it. Live and let live, as they say. Amirite?

Trouty, you seem like a logical fella who really enjoys talking DC. I have enjoyed reading your posts so far. But no, I don't think you're being too critical, FWIW. Some people get tired of reading about this. I guess my filter is a bit different from most

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I really didn't think it was possible for a person under age 30 to go three days without touching their smartphone. These young people can't even drive without the smartphone in one hand. My wife can go about 15 minutes without touching her smartphone. That is pretty much her max and I'm not exaggerating. Heaven forbid if her cell phone loses its charge. Literally, panic ensues.

And am I expected to believe Dez has one, and only one, cell phone? I don't think so. I guess he doesn't the Comcast Triple Play where they give you that land line free.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am not sure in what world a employer not being able to find their employee for almost three days is not a problem.

This isn't your typical employer profession. I wish people would stop comparing a football player profession to a regular Joe in the regular world. They play by a different set of rules. The NFLPA and the CBA say hello.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trouty, you seem like a logical fella who really enjoys talking DC. I have enjoyed reading your posts so far. But no, I don't think you're being too critical, FWIW. Some people get tired of reading about this. I guess my filter is built a bit differently from most

Thanks for the kind words, Scott. There are an inordinate amount of logical, awesome, incredibly intelligent fans on this site.

Bar none the best fansite of any sports team I've come across.

But I digress, don't want to derail the hot button issue presented in this here thread. Godspeed brotha

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I really didn't think it was possible for a person under age 30 to go three days without touching their smartphone. These young people can't even drive without the smartphone in one hand. My wife can go about 15 minutes without touching her smartphone. That is pretty much her max and I'm not exaggerating. Heaven forbid if her cell phone loses its charge. Literally, panic ensues.

And am I expected to believe Dez has one, and only one, cell phone? I don't think so. I guess he doesn't the Comcast Triple Play where they give you that land line free.

What in the hell are you talking about?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I mean he made a mistake, DC. But is it worthy of this type of scrutiny? This?

It is not this Dez mistake, it is not this organizational mistake, it is the repteted mistakes.

Some view it as unwarranted scrutiny of a player for this particular issue or the way this organization decides to deal with this particular issue or that particular issue.

Some want to view it with blinders on, just looking at this one particular issue, with this one particular player.

It is much more then that, it is a fundamental failure of this organization from top to bottom.

I know we all want to hope that boy if we can get past this or that, we could maybe turn back into being respectable or maybe even reach our hey days.

Boy I hope for that too, but hope does not get it done.

I will go back to what Schlereth said, a guy who has been in 3 SB locker rooms.

Schlereth went off on Bryant during"SportsCenter" Thursday,criticizing both his handling of the injury and the Cowboys' team culture.

"At what point are you going to quit making excuses for bad behavior?" Schlereth said."At what point, as an organization, are you going to quit enabling people to behave this way? That's not— I mean, it's not you're passionate, and that's what we heard Jason Garrett say. 'Oh, it's passion. He's so passionate.' No. That's selfishness.

"You have 52 other guys on that roster who count on you. You're one of the leaders of that football team. You got a bunch of young guys that are trying to learn how to be professionals. And as I always say, just because you play a pro sport, it doesn't make you a professional. That's as unprofessional as you can possibly be in Year 7 in your career."

"You don't have his phone number? You can't go to his house and drag his lazy butt out of bed?" Schlereth continued. "I mean, at some point as an organization, I look at my organization and say, 'You know what? The people who run this organization, they don't practice what they preach.' They talk about integrity. They talk about character. They talk about all these things they say that matter. But bottom line is, when somebody questions their authority, they cower in the corner like a child. That's what this organization does."

Not exactly what Jones wants to hear, but Schlereth does have a point. Under Jones since the start of the 2010 season, the Cowboys own a record of 48-51. Add that to Jones' history of enabling players with questionable character, and it's hard to argue Schlereth is off the mark with his analysis.

I would also tell you what Willie McGinest said (not a flamer thrower, even handed guy) also been in 3 SB locker rooms, he basically echoed Schlereth and said the Cowboys have no accountability. He went on to tell a story about how BB kicked Revis (at the height of his carrier) out of practice and sent him home when he was late for practice (In my best Iverson voice a "Practice").

The Dallas Freaking Cowboys a once proud organization are under .500 over the last decade. That did not just happen, it is not a fluke, it was caused.

I do not criticize the Dallas Cowboys because I dislike them, I criticize them because I know what they where and what they should be.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, it does not happen unless by blind luck or good fortune.

My only hope is blind luck or maybe hopefully SJ takes over the reins and stirs the ship in a different direction.

But I will tell you no matter what, I will be sitting down every Sunday rooting for the Boys (Dez included) hoping for blind luck, law of averages or best of all the organization being lead in the right direction.

Dak seems like blind luck, yes they liked him and they scouted him, but even after all that they did everything the could to select someone else.

I would prefer to rely on a professional run organization then luck.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Maybe with this time off, he can take care of his pending lawsuit for trashing a house he was renting..

Thought this was settled last week I think there was a tweet about it. It didn't get multiple pages like when this was originally came to light.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It is not this Dez mistake, it is not this organizational mistake, it is the repleted mistakes.

Some view it as unwarranted scrutiny of a player for this particular issue or the way this organization decides to deal with this particular issue or that particular issue.

Some want to view it with blinders on, just looking at this one particular issue, with this one particular player.

It is much more then that, it is a fundamental failure of this organization from top to bottom.

I know we all want to hope that boy if we can get past this or that, we could maybe turn back into being respectable or maybe even reach our hey days.

Boy I hope for that too, but hope does not get it done.

I will go back to what Schlereth said, a guy who has been in 3 SB locker rooms.

Schlereth went off on Bryant during"SportsCenter" Thursday,criticizing both his handling of the injury and the Cowboys' team culture.

"At what point are you going to quit making excuses for bad behavior?" Schlereth said."At what point, as an organization, are you going to quit enabling people to behave this way? That's not— I mean, it's not you're passionate, and that's what we heard Jason Garrett say. 'Oh, it's passion. He's so passionate.' No. That's selfishness.

"You have 52 other guys on that roster who count on you. You're one of the leaders of that football team. You got a bunch of young guys that are trying to learn how to be professionals. And as I always say, just because you play a pro sport, it doesn't make you a professional. That's as unprofessional as you can possibly be in Year 7 in your career."

"You don't have his phone number? You can't go to his house and drag his lazy butt out of bed?" Schlereth continued. "I mean, at some point as an organization, I look at my organization and say, 'You know what? The people who run this organization, they don't practice what they preach.' They talk about integrity. They talk about character. They talk about all these things they say that matter. But bottom line is, when somebody questions their authority, they cower in the corner like a child. That's what this organization does."

Not exactly what Jones wants to hear, but Schlereth does have a point. Under Jones since the start of the 2010 season, the Cowboys own a record of 48-51. Add that to Jones' history of enabling players with questionable character, and it's hard to argue Schlereth is off the mark with his analysis.

I would also tell you what Willie McGinest said (not a flamer thrower, even handed guy) also been in 3 SB locker rooms, he basically echoed Schlereth and said the Cowboys have no accountability. He went on to tell a story about how BB kicked Revis (at the height of his carrier) out of practice and sent him home when he was late for practice (In my best Iverson voice a "Practice").

The Dallas Freaking Cowboys a once proud organization are under .500 over the last decade. That did not just happen, it is not a fluke, it was caused.

I do not criticize the Dallas Cowboys because I dislike them, I criticize them because I know what they where and what they should be.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, it does not happen unless by blind luck or good fortune.

My only hope is blind luck or maybe hopefully SJ takes over the reins and stirs the ship in a different direction.

But I will tell you no matter what, I will be sitting down every Sunday rooting for the Boys (Dez included) hoping for blind luck, law of averages or best of all the organization being lead in the right direction.

Excellent post, DC (as usual, man). Love me some Schlereth. Dude is cool as a cucumber. When fans bring it like you did there, it makes it harder to argue. It isn't some pointless drivel, it's thought out with excellent points, some of which I absolutely agree with.

The jist of it all, for me, is dysfunction, like you eloquently pointed out. It does, indeed, run top to bottom. So here we are.

I think an inordinate amount of negative press Dez gets is unfair and due to his media flair, but that's neither here nor there. He certainly does himself no favors, but he also is enabled by everyone he's been around since he's been in the league. Many will say "but he's an adult, he should know better" and that's fair. But it's also lazy.

He does make mistakes. A lot. But they're relatively minor. They're also magnified lately by his injuries, as I think that is what craws on most of these fans nerves. They just can't go out and say, "Dez is dumb for getting injured" (tho, some do, lol), so they use these relatively minor gaffes as a launch point to dig in and vent.

Dez comes from a dysfunctional background and this org does nothing to keep him out of the spotlight to shield him from the minor stuff, like this phone ordeal (my opinion on "minor," mind you). It adds to the hype that is "dumb Dez" that our fans feed into like pigs in a trough (maybe a bit harsh, but whatevs).

In any event, thanks for an absolutely awesome reply, DC. I hope my initial reply to you didn't rub you the wrong way, man. And I absolutely respect your take. Always do. You bring it, bro.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Excellent post, DC (as usual, man). Love me some Schlereth. Dude is cool as a cucumber. When fans bring it like you did there, it makes it harder to argue. It isn't some pointless drivel, it's thought out with excellent points, some of which I absolutely agree with.

The jist of it all, for me, is dysfunction, like you eloquently pointed out. It does, indeed, run top to bottom. So here we are.

I think an inordinate amount of negative press Dez gets is unfair and due to his media flair, but that's neither here nor there. He certainly does himself no favors, but he also is enabled by everyone he's been around since he's been in the league. Many will say "but he's an adult, he should know better" and that's fair. But it's also lazy.

He does make mistakes. A lot. But they're relatively minor. They're also magnified lately by his injuries, as I think that is what craws on most of these fans nerves. They just can't go out and say, "Dez is dumb for getting injured" (tho, some do, lol), so they use these relatively minor gaffes as a launch point to dig in and vent.

Dez comes from a dysfunctional background and this org does nothing to keep him out of the spotlight to shield him from the minor stuff, like this phone ordeal (my opinion on "minor," mind you). It adds to the hype that is "dumb Dez" that our fans feed into like pigs in a trough (maybe a bit harsh, but whatevs).

In any event, thanks for an absolutely awesome reply, DC. I hope my initial reply to you didn't rub you the wrong way, man. And I absolutely respect your take. Always do. You bring it, bro.

I love the debate with anyone who loves the Boys.

I love Dez and root for him, but he is a petulant spoiled child, you know what the best thing this origination and his inner circle (they people who supposedly care for him) could do for him.

Call him on his BS, don't do what some do here and say oh it's just Dez, care enough about him to confront him, tell him he is messing up and show him the right way.

It would ultimately be good for this organization and most importantly be good for him.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I love the debate with anyone who loves the Boys.

I love Dez and root for him, but he is a petulant spoiled child, you know what the best thing this origination and his inner circle (they people who supposedly care for him) could do for him.

Call him on his BS, don't do what some here do here and say oh it's just Dez, care enough about him to confront him, tell him he is messing up and show him the right way.

It would ultimately be good for this organization and most importantly be good for him.

Fair enough, DC.

I've never been one to brush off his more egregious acts (his abuse of his mother, namely).

But a lot of his dirty laundry is aired and it's due to those same folks that you say shouldn't be enabling him. It needs to stay in house (back to that organizational dysfunction/media flair). Those people will never do that for him (keep his stuff in house and reprimand him accordingly), so we're left here where we are now. His phone as a national story and the latest example of how jacked up he is.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
please tell me if i missed something
Dez made a bad decision and got fined
Both sides didnt handle situation ideally. are we surprised?
lets go win sunday cowboys!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And DC, let's not forget the real story here, dude has a broken bone in his leg, and we have a rook who won't have him this Sunday.

dallasdave

Reaction score
4134032.jpg
:lmao: