Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see a lot of players get into it in games, it is football not golf. We saw a QB? the fight according to the coach had nothing to do with football it took place in the locker room.
Funny thing is guys who have had altercation on this team understand the game and is not personal they get over it with no hard feelings yet some one in the media and you are offended by it? LOL
whatever

You mean when one guy punched out his QB, got cut, and the QB is out for 10 weeks with a broken Jaw? "nothing to see here"

NO big deal right. Just ruined the Jets season.

Offended? Just stating I dont think its good leadership. Try not to jump off the ledge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said the opinion was stupid not the poster. You may want to look at yourself, you have continued on with the thread on Garrett now will do the same here.

I give posters the courtesy of a response without lashing out with insults or crying. That seems to bother you. I also dont try to pull other arguments into this one and start them all over again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everyone acts like this is new. There have always been fights in practice, training camp, etc. The difference is that we live in a video saturated world now where everyone has a video camera (phone) at the ready. Many years ago, you had no video of practices at all and the reporters who might have been there knew not to bite the hand that fed them by reporting on it or else they would lose access to the team and many of them had their livelihood dependent on that access so they never reported it.

As far as I'm concerned, none of the fights from any players bother me unless 1) a player gets hurt or 2) a player gets suspended from real games. I don't care about fines as it means little to most players who make more than enough to cover them.

Well said. Lets just hope he doesnt get hurt or hurt anyone else. I would be willing to bet that we dont see any more of these type of issues going forward.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your opinion certainly won't make me cry bro. But you are definitely trolling at this point. You've done nothing but repeat the same jibberish over and over through 9 pages. You even tried to parlay the topic into a brand new thread, which was thankfully merged.

Hopefully this dead horse gets whisked away to the "rant" zone in the near future.

You repeating the same thing over and over is not intelligent discussion.

I am responding to posters like you. If you dont like it, then dont respond. Would you rather I ignore you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your opinion certainly won't make me cry bro. But you are definitely trolling at this point. You've done nothing but repeat the same jibberish over and over through 9 pages. You even tried to parlay the topic into a brand new thread, which was thankfully merged.

Hopefully this dead horse gets whisked away to the "rant" zone in the near future.

You repeating the same thing over and over is not intelligent discussion.

Mature responses are what impress me the most. Crying like a baby isnt going to change my opinion. I even posted a few articles for you showing my opinion is shared by many. Which I am sure will make you cry some more.

Not that big a deal buddy. Try not to get all tied up in a wad just because someone disagrees with you.

Proximo

Reaction score
I am responding to posters like you. If you dont like it, then dont respond. Would you rather I ignore you.

Plenty of us were engaging in intelligent discussion several pages back. I don't recall you contributing, other than relentlessly repeating the same tired lines while encouraging others not to cry...which is just weird, btw.

This is a dead horse.

Proximo

Reaction score
Mature responses are what impress me the most. Crying like a baby isnt going to change my opinion. I even posted a few articles for you showing my opinion is shared by many. Which I am sure will make you cry some more.

Not that big a deal buddy. Try not to get all tied up in a wad just because someone disagrees with you.

Again, plenty of mature, well thought out responses were posted earlier in this thread.

What's up with this fascination you have with crying?

Sorry to break it to you...but I don't think anyone here cares that much about your opinion to let it affect their emotions lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there ya go. Im more interested in conversation then impressing anyone with an avatar. FYI...........absolutely nothing impressive about yours.
LMAO!

Why is there a need to impress? :laugh: My avatar doesn't impress jack and wasn't intended to impress. My avatars are an expression of personal likes, in this instance an upcoming movie.

Your avatar is Rowdy, a poorly conceived representation of a great NFL franchise, which bares a strong underlining resemblance to a pathologically psychotic comic book character. While other members convey their messages in a more neutral fashion while using a Rowdy avatar, you do not.

Your method of communication, along with the Joker face, imparts a deceptive vibe. If your daily goal is communicating neutrally, you're gonna keep failing. Then again it's my opinion that you don't really care about any of that, do you Rowdy? :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You mean when one guy punched out his QB, got cut, and the QB is out for 10 weeks with a broken Jaw? "nothing to see here"

NO big deal right. Just ruined the Jets season.

Offended? Just stating I dont think its good leadership. Try not to jump off the ledge.

again nothing to do with the game it was evidently some personal issue they had, it is different than in the heat of the game. I'm sure you don't understand this.

You don't think Dez shows good leadership? well good for you thankfully you don't play on this team so have any view you choose. You are really not worth the time or effort.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
That is my take as well. Give me the Witten leader over an emotional child any day. That being said, I would take Dez over Witten at this stage and probably any stage of their careers.

Don't get me wrong, I hold JW in the highest regard as a player, a person and as an example for young players to follow on and off the field. But Dez brings something this team has been sorely lacking for a long time: Tick me off, trash talking, get me off my game and beat me SWAGGER. And the ability to back it up.
Go Dez Go!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, plenty of mature, well thought out responses were posted earlier in this thread.

What's up with this fascination you have with crying?

Sorry to break it to you...but I don't think anyone here cares that much about your opinion to let it affect their emotions lol.

More crying, what a surprise. Like I said, if you dont like my opinion, dont cry about it, just leave it be. If I am guilty of anything, it is responding to too many cry babies like you.

I have intelligent conversations with those posters that respond intelligently and maturely. Unfortunately there is always a contingent of cry babies like you on every site that simply cant take anyone criticizing the team in any way. This is a chat forum, not a fan club. Try to remember that.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LMAO!

Why is there a need to impress? :laugh: My avatar doesn't impress jack and wasn't intended to impress. My avatars are an expression of personal likes, in this instance an upcoming movie.

Your avatar is Rowdy, a poorly conceived representation of a great NFL franchise, which bares a strong underlining resemblance to a pathologically psychotic comic book character. While other members convey their messages in a more neutral fashion while using a Rowdy avatar, you do not.

Your method of communication, along with the Joker face, imparts a deceptive vibe. If your daily goal is communicating neutrally, you're gonna keep failing. Then again it's my opinion that you don't really care about any of that, do you Rowdy? :)

My goal is to talk to other Cowboy fans about the team. I could care less about anyones avatar. :lmao2::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
again nothing to do with the game it was evidently some personal issue they had, it is different than in the heat of the game. I'm sure you don't understand this.

You don't think Dez shows good leadership? well good for you thankfully you don't play on this team so have any view you choose. You are really not worth the time or effort.

Yah, I think he does show good leadership. Just not in this instance. Maybe that is just a little to negative for you. Oh well, just another thing for you to cry about. :lmao2:

Proximo

Reaction score
More crying, what a surprise. Like I said, if you dont like my opinion, dont cry about it, just leave it be. If I am guilty of anything, it is responding to too many cry babies like you.

I have intelligent conversations with those posters that respond intelligently and maturely. Unfortunately there is always a contingent of cry babies like you on every sight that simply cant take anyone criticizing the team in any way. This is a chat forum, not a fan club. Try to remember that.

LOL.

Bro, I think you have some serious difficulties comprehending/interpreting what people are saying. You're struggling today.

bevo11

Reaction score
There's a difference between passion and anger and Dez seems to use passion as the excuse for every outburst. Him and Witten went at it on the sidelines a couple of years ago and Ware had to step in and literally shook Dez to knock it off. Dez was visibly angry but he claimed it was passion. He got mad at a ref last season and again was visibly angry but denied being angry saying it was passion. I love Dez as a player but he has to calm down and stop being in denial about his temper.

Michael Irvin was the same way, the only difference is that there was no social media back then...people need to calm down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I hold JW in the highest regard as a player, a person and as an example for young players to follow on and off the field. But Dez brings something this team has been sorely lacking for a long time: Tick me off, trash talking, get me off my game and beat me SWAGGER. And the ability to back it up.
Go Dez Go!!

I completely agree. He is this teams version of Michael Irvin. Much needed.

bevo11

Reaction score
Not to be overly argumentative, but truly passionate players don't start frivolous fights.

When the regular season starts, this nonsense needs to stop. Any passion aimed at anything other than winning football games is misplaced.
That includes hatred for other players on other teams or other teams in general.

Not to be overly argumentative, but truly passionate players don't start frivolous fights.

When the regular season starts, this nonsense needs to stop. Any passion aimed at anything other than winning football games is misplaced.
That includes hatred for other players on other teams or other teams in general.

Im pretty sure that he didnt "start" any of the fights against the rams.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Dez did nothing wrong. And any sportswriter who claims otherwise is pandering to sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.