Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But again it was not football related. It was a personal issue between 2 guys that is not what Dez has done, to use Geno incident as it is somehow the same is way off base.

Yah, this "football related" thing is just weak.

What is your point about football related? This is about guys on a football team fighting each other. Who cares why they get into the fight?

So Dez insulted his momma, does that change anything?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No it is not the same. I take it you never played the game in your life. Fights on the football field are common they happen at every level of the game always have always will. Locker room argument over something outside of the game where 2 guys get into a fight has nothing to do with the game.

Yah, its two football guys fighting each other. Any other side point you are trying to shift this to because you have no angle is not working.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everett McIver would disagree.

Hell, anyone he played those basketball games with would disagree.

That was one incident off the field a lot of players have been involved in fights including Roger Staubach and Clint Longley but Irvin wasn't involved in 2 fistfights in a matter of a few days on the practice field. Irvin didn't have anger issues Dez does.

Swanny

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...g-what-has-become-serious-issue-for-nfl.html/

A QB got his jaw broken and is out for 10 weeks. Virtually ruining their season and hindering his young career.

Who cares, its football!!! :huh:

Actually it honestly only helps the Jets cause. I see what you are trying to say. But in reality that helped the Jets out. Now if a fight like this happened in the locker room like it did with the Jets then I would be concerned. You do not let fights spill into the locker room. Fights on the field during practice are FAR different.

Primetime42

Reaction score
That was one incident off the field a lot of players have been involved in fights including Roger Staubach and Clint Longley but Irvin wasn't involved in 2 fistfights in a matter of a few days on the practice field. Irvin didn't have anger issues Dez does.

You really never heard those stories about the basketball games?

Irv most certainly had a temper and it could get ugly at times.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It had to do with money owed, that according to those who were there. Comparing that to the heat of battle on the football field is completely different but again I'm sure you can't figure that out.

The reason for the fight is not material to this conversation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But again it was not football related. It was a personal issue between 2 guys that is not what Dez has done, to use Geno incident as it is somehow the same is way off base.

AGAIN I really dont care why they are fighting. Its not relevant.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You really never heard those stories about the basketball games?

Irv most certainly had a temper and it could get ugly at times.

Who cares what he did in basketball games it's how he handled himself on the practice field and during games that matter. Most people especially prideful athletes have a temper but when they have to undergo counselling for it there's a problem and Dez has a problem controlling his temper.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Anyone else getting this vibe?

257nhp4.png

Primetime42

Reaction score
Who cares what he did in basketball games it's how he handled himself on the practice field and during games that matter. Most people especially prideful athletes have a temper but when they have to undergo counselling for it there's a problem and Dez has a problem controlling his temper.

Not disputing that at all. Just saying that just because you never heard about certain things doesn't mean Mike didn't have his own anger issues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually it honestly only helps the Jets cause. I see what you are trying to say. But in reality that helped the Jets out. Now if a fight like this happened in the locker room like it did with the Jets then I would be concerned. You do not let fights spill into the locker room. Fights on the field during practice are FAR different.

I think Geno stinks. So the quicker they move on from him the better. And I do agree that fights in the locker room, not started by jarring on the field are more severe. Just as Dez not involved in practice is worse then him getting in a fight with a D back covering him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You need to lead by example. Passion is great as long as you can control it.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Have not seen him do this in games outside of the typical pushing or jawing that takes place through out the NFL. Camp fights are not that big of a deal

He held back when that punk Hall was jawing in his face during a real game. Although you could tell he didn't want to LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yah, this "football related" thing is just weak.

What is your point about football related? This is about guys on a football team fighting each other. Who cares why they get into the fight?

So Dez insulted his momma, does that change anything?

again you care truly clueless about this. This is not some office environment temper get heating in the middle of practice it is a physical game and players around the NFL do it. You act like Dez is the only one? what a joke.

what took place wit the Jets was a personal matter it had nothing to do with the game on the intensity that takes place on the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yah, its two football guys fighting each other. Any other side point you are trying to shift this to because you have no angle is not working.

I'm sure in your world it makes no sense, not hard to tell you have never played the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
again you care truly clueless about this. This is not some office environment temper get heating in the middle of practice it is a physical game and players around the NFL do it. You act like Dez is the only one? what a joke.

what took place wit the Jets was a personal matter it had nothing to do with the game on the intensity that takes place on the field.

Nope, never said Dez is the ONLY one. In fact, I pointed out another case with Geno. Remember?

And some players are more prone to fighting then others. Some control themselves better than others. Dez doesnt do that very well. And its quite obvious when he runs onto the field when he isnt even involved in practice. Some guys are helping breaking it up "Tyrone Smith", while Dez is throwing gas on the fire.

Sorry buddy, Im not liking it. I really dont care why they were fighting or if the argument was football related.

Status
Not open for further replies.