Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Definitely not stab someone in the neck. He obviously put himself in that situation to begin with. We don't deal with cocaine, court cases or fur coats with Dez, people like you just overreact because its on twitter immediately after it happens. There are bigger fish to fry and I actually applaud him for standing up for his teammates. Until he gets suspended for doing it in a game its a non-issue. End of discussion.

If you felt your life was in jeopardy you do what you have to do especially when dealing with someone that size. The guy might have killed Irvin so he grabbed some scissors and stabbed him. Everyone knows Irvin had his issues but the Cowboys/Jerry have had concerns about Dez ever since he was drafted which is why it took so long to reach a contract settlement with him. The Cowboys have literally been baby sitting Dez to keep an eye on him. They don't need to wait until he's suspended in a game for throwing punches they need to get him to stop throwing punches in practice so he doesn't lose control in a game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you felt your life was in jeopardy you do what you have to do especially when dealing with someone that size. The guy might have killed Irvin so he grabbed some scissors and stabbed him. Everyone knows Irvin had his issues but the Cowboys/Jerry have had concerns about Dez ever since he was drafted which is why it took so long to reach a contract settlement with him. The Cowboys have literally been baby sitting Dez to keep an eye on him. They don't need to wait until he's suspended in a game for throwing punches they need to get him to stop throwing punches in practice so he doesn't lose control in a game.
Haven't counted. Now back to my question...

Too many................

manster4ever

Reaction score
Like others have said...he's going to get hurt if he keeps up this stupidity. Broken hand? Very possible...needs to grow the hell UP

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you found a way to justify stabbing someone in the neck but crucify a guy defending his teammates?

Answer me this if a 6' 5" 318 pound offensive lineman shoved you then punched you in the mouth off the field what would you have done? I already said I had no problem with Dez defending his teammate try reading my comments but he started jawing talking trash with the Rams players stirring things up before anything happened to his teammate.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not stab my teammate in the neck ....... and guess what ....... Dez would not have stabbed his teammate in the neck also.

You don't know Dez or what he would have done had he been at a barbershop and was shoved and punched in the mouth by a 6' 5" 318 pound teammate. Dez threw a hat at his mother a few years ago hitting her in the head which led to the police getting involved.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no such brand. It doesn't exist.

It's not leadership. It's simply childish immaturity.
If-your-actions.jpg

Inspiration is one of dozens of different types of leadership quantified over time. Here are many examples of leadership:

http://www.widener.edu/about/widener_values/leadership/oskin_leadership/az/

Passion is a key component of inspirational leadership. There are enough references on the internet pointing this out.

Is Bryant a great inspirational leader? That's debatable. He has certain leadership flaws. His communication skills require maturing. He could allow his outwardly perceived integrity to grow as well. However, he has passion by the boatload. Certainly he translates a winning commitment through his energetic personality for all to see.

Opinions vary but Bryant is a leader by definition. How good a leader will he ultimately be? Only time will decide.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You can turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn't exist in sports and society in general. Or face reality.

That is 100% accurate. Witten is probably more demonstrative and vocal than Dez and has been before he got here.

You and the Natural are the only one using racist code words like 'boy' and 'thugs' to try and strengthen your weak claims.

TSmith was holding Dez back because he knows how valuable Dez is and how meaningless fights are. That is leadership.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You created a thread that has grown old for you. Well, that takes the cake there, Rowdy.

You and the Natural are the only one using racist code words like 'boy' and 'thugs' to try and strengthen your weak claims.

TSmith was holding Dez back because he knows how valuable Dez is and how meaningless fights are. That is leadership.

Correct. TSmith holding people back is leadership, Dez running over to get into the fight is bad leadership.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's kinda evasive there, Rowdy. Has it been five straight weeks? Ten? Twenty? Care to guess?

When was the last time Dez practiced? And he is still getting into fights. LOL

Stellar leadership. Just what you want to see from your newly signed, 13 million dollar man right? With a hurt hammy to boot...............

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leadership is more diverse and (seemingly) more complex than the general public may think it is.

bevo11

Reaction score

Ones life being in jeopardy is not a subjective standard. Your "might" is a BIG might and quite frankly would not be sufficient to establish the heightened level of self defense. If my life was indeed in jeopardy I would obviously take steps to protect it. The level of self defense that one is able to use legally is in proportion to the threat posed, not to mention some jurisdictions have a duty to retreat. So again, you argument regarding him being scared for his life is nothing more than speculation at best and not proportional to the threat involved.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you found a way to justify stabbing someone in the neck but crucify a guy defending his teammates?

If someone feels their life is in jeopardy anything is justifiable to protect themselves. McIver made the first physical contact by shoving Irvin and he did what most people would do he shoved back but then got punched in the mouth. He was dealing with a man who out weighed him by over 100 pounds so he did what he had to do to protect himself. I'm not crucifying Dez for defending his teammate but there's no need to stir the opponent up by constantly jawing at them. From the reports I heard this wasn't just trash talking by Dez these were some disrespectful comments.

His constant jawing got tensions rising and set the ground work for a brawl. Players usually throw punches at each other for simple trash talking and Dez has been throwing a lot of punches lately. I don't know what's got his so angry he just signed a big contract or maybe he's still steamed about the reversal of his catch at Green Bay. He needs to calm down before he lands a punch that puts his hand in a cast costing him most of his season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When was the last time Dez practiced? And he is still getting into fights. LOL
A number, Rowdy. Any number. No need to be coy.
Stellar leadership. Just what you want to see from your newly signed, 13 million dollar man right? With a hurt hammy to boot...............
Maybe not steller but is it or is it not leadership? (Hint: there are many categories of leadership with traits and subtraits that quantify them).

bevo11

Reaction score
Or until he breaks his hand, aggravates his hamstring, or gets sucker punched and breaks a jaw its a non issue right?

Yep...last time I checked you dont aggravate your hamstring fighting unless you are doing some Van Damme splits

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Leadership is more diverse and (seemingly) more complex than the general public may think it is.
LOL........I am sure that Dez is calculating in his complex leadership agenda.

More likely his is just an emotionally immature guy that cant control himself very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.