Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never said it was always calculated, never said immaturity automatically disqualifies.
Just a response to your sarcastic remark of "LOL........I am sure that Dez is calculating in his complex leadership agenda." You can twist your denial in any shape form or fashion, Rowdy.
You are arguing with yourself at this point.
Nah. I got you for that, Rowdy. :)
You are trying to impress me with your presumed knowledge of what you think leadership is all about, it isnt working.
Presumed? Nothing fake about my college education, Rowdy. Regardless, information about leadership theory and quantification is easily accessible on the internet. Remember. Google is your friend. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That guy that sucker punched Dez could have really hurt him. A pro football player is generally a strong man.

It would not have been Dez' fault, but we would all still be numb right now, thinking about our lost season.

could have? I would think Jason Witten played with a broken Jaw why would Dez not? In the end a lot of things can happen we can play the if game. Fact is there are more guys getting in trouble off the field than players missing time due to a training camp fight.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can agree that I dont have any interest in answering all your dumb questions that have nothing to do with what I am saying.

Quite frankly I dont care how many weeks in a row or not in a row he has gotten into fight. The question is not material to this conversation.
But Rowdy, you said, paraphrasing, "Bryant gets into fights every week." Maybe I should stop asking you to state how many weeks Bryant has been fighting and instead ask if you think you're exaggerating how often Bryant has been involved in fights?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Think again, he stabbed a guy in the neck...

Being shoved and punched in the mouth would piss anyone off don't you think? In the incident between Dez and Patmon they showed Dez approaching Patmon on the sidelines jawing at him then Dez took a swing at him. Reports were the Cowboys feared things could blow up with Dez once he got paid hopefully this isn't the beginning of it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But Rowdy, you said, paraphrasing, "Bryant gets into fights every week." Maybe I should stop asking you to state how many weeks Bryant has been fighting and instead ask if you think you're exaggerating how often Bryant has been involved in fights?

Yah, that would have been easier.

Well, it seems like every week to me. Maybe he skips weeks. :lmao2:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Irvin either would have been banned from the NFL or he would have had to change his lifestyle had he been playing today.

Had something like that happened to today both Irvin and McIver would have gotten in trouble. Because it was a fight between teammates even today the league would likely let the team handle it. Fights are going to happen amongst teammates.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Being shoved and punched in the mouth would piss anyone off don't you think? In the incident between Dez and Patmon they showed Dez approaching Patmon on the sidelines jawing at him then Dez took a swing at him. Reports were the Cowboys feared things could blow up with Dez once he got paid hopefully this isn't the beginning of it.

Yep.......................

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A pair of Dallas Cowboys – Dez Bryant and Tyler Patmon – fought at training camp Sunday, the former Oklahoma State standouts throwing punches at each other as teammates tried to separate them.
You would think this is exactly the kind of thing that a head coach (Jason Garrett) and owner (Jerry Jones) wouldn’t want to see from their football team, especially their star player.
Well, you would be wrong.
“Man, Jerry loves that juice,” Dallas’ 105.3 The Fan radio voice Ben Rogers said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “He calls it the juice. He really does. He doesn’t mind Dez getting into that fight. And here’s the thing about that fight: Tyler Patmon threw the first punch – and landed it. He punched Dez in the face with his helmet off. Dez was unable to accept that and unable to have that be the final closure of the event, so he just went nuts trying to get to him to retaliate. Eventually they hugged it out and whatnot, but I think at the end of the day, Jerry Jones saw a lot of this with the ’90s Cowboys – Michael Irvin getting in fights, other players getting in fights. I think he just accepts it as being a part of how this goes.”

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/...ryant-jason-garrett-was-laughing-after-fight/

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A pair of Dallas Cowboys – Dez Bryant and Tyler Patmon – fought at training camp Sunday, the former Oklahoma State standouts throwing punches at each other as teammates tried to separate them.
You would think this is exactly the kind of thing that a head coach (Jason Garrett) and owner (Jerry Jones) wouldn’t want to see from their football team, especially their star player.
Well, you would be wrong.
“Man, Jerry loves that juice,” Dallas’ 105.3 The Fan radio voice Ben Rogers said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “He calls it the juice. He really does. He doesn’t mind Dez getting into that fight. And here’s the thing about that fight: Tyler Patmon threw the first punch – and landed it. He punched Dez in the face with his helmet off. Dez was unable to accept that and unable to have that be the final closure of the event, so he just went nuts trying to get to him to retaliate. Eventually they hugged it out and whatnot, but I think at the end of the day, Jerry Jones saw a lot of this with the ’90s Cowboys – Michael Irvin getting in fights, other players getting in fights. I think he just accepts it as being a part of how this goes.”

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/...ryant-jason-garrett-was-laughing-after-fight/

yah, one fight, no big deal. Two fights, and one where you arent even involved in practice is another.

Thats the whole point dopeday. Try to keep up. :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Had something like that happened to today both Irvin and McIver would have gotten in trouble. Because it was a fight between teammates even today the league would likely let the team handle it. Fights are going to happen amongst teammates.

Im talking about his coke habit. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yah, one fight, no big deal. Two fights, and one where you arent even involved in practice is another.

Thats the whole point dopeday. Try to keep up. :laugh:

None are, only when it spill over to off the field do I have any concerns.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You and the Natural are the only one using racist code words like 'boy' and 'thugs' to try and strengthen your weak claims.

TSmith was holding Dez back because he knows how valuable Dez is and how meaningless fights are. That is leadership.

Again, sorry if you don't open your eyes to the world and how it works. Dez is no different than Witten is. In fact Witten may be more vocal.

Yet, tell me who the cameras are on at all times? And who gets labeled what?

Give me a break.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yah, that would have been easier.

Well, it seems like every week to me. Maybe he skips weeks. :lmao2:
Yep. It's easy to exaggerate. Well, not really. Not necessarily everyone. It's easy for you to exaggerate, Rowdy.

Bryant fought Patmon. Bryant fought someone from the Rams. Two consecutive weeks of training camp. Not every week of training camp thus far. Not every week of even organized team activity for just this year. Two.

If someone posts the question, "Exaggerate much?", please do not be offended. Trust me. It's an honest conclusion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. It's easy to exaggerate. Well, not really. Not necessarily everyone. It's easy for you to exaggerate, Rowdy.

Bryant fought Patmon. Bryant fought someone from the Rams. Two consecutive weeks of training camp. Not every week of training camp thus far. Not every week of even organized team activity for just this year. Two.

If someone posts the question, "Exaggerate much?", please do not be offended. Trust me. It's an honest conclusion.

Awww..........you're just mad that I dont have a cool avatar like you dont. :lmao2::lmao::laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Again, sorry if you don't open your eyes to the world and how it works. Dez is no different than Witten is. In fact Witten may be more vocal.

Yet, tell me who the cameras are on at all times? And who gets labeled what?

Give me a break.

There's differences between Dez and Witten. Dez had off the field concerns when he entered the league and off the field issues have never been a concern with Witten who's been model citizen his entire career with the Cowboys. The camera's follow Dez because he's an excitable. passionate, controversial player and is the most dynamic player on the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awww..........you're just mad that I dont have a cool avatar like you dont. :lmao2::lmao::laugh:
Mad? Nah. Feeling uneasy with The Joker not wearing makeup constantly staring at me without blinking? Yeah. It's like watching a bunch of Michael Myers still shots from Halloween. :eek::)

Status
Not open for further replies.