Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish we had 53 players with his passion...nothing to see here, move it along.

Not to be overly argumentative, but truly passionate players don't start frivolous fights.

When the regular season starts, this nonsense needs to stop. Any passion aimed at anything other than winning football games is misplaced.
That includes hatred for other players on other teams or other teams in general.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Is getting old at this point. We all love his fired up attitude, but he needs to be more of a leader on this team. How about showing restraint instead of getting in a punching match every week? What are you teaching the younger guys come game day? His lack of control of his emotions may cost us on game day. He is sending the wrong message in my opinion.

You have got to be kidding me. You and NFLN trrying to blame this on Dez??!? This society is going to Hades in a hand basket. Camp fights have been going on since leather helmets. And now we want to blame fights on trash talking? Word please.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Exactly, this stuff has been going on more or less forever in training camps. It's just that ever year that goes by, we as fans and media have more and more access to it and see these things that would have otherwise stayed in-house.

Yeah....and now they want t BE about it. Get the check out of here. This discussion is ticking me off. I'm out.

Reaction score
he def is chirping a lot and should tone it down. Looking at some Cowboys/Rams practice film, it looked like to me he was instigating and wasn't even playing. Rather he him just make catches, score touchdowns and give the ball to the ref when done like a pro of his craft. I love his passion but he needs to learn the fine line between playful trash talking and disrespect.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Some of the Rowdies have been here a lot longer than you.

Oh snap... this Rowdy has literally been on this forum for literally its entire existence lol. +1 for JD "Rowdy" Smith ;)

blindzebra

Reaction score
Not to be overly argumentative, but truly passionate players don't start frivolous fights.

When the regular season starts, this nonsense needs to stop. Any passion aimed at anything other than winning football games is misplaced.
That includes hatred for other players on other teams or other teams in general.

How the hell did he start a fight? The Rams CB started the jawing and the fight happened a hour later when another Ram cheap shot a Cowboy.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
How the hell did he start a fight? The Rams CB started the jawing and the fight happened a hour later when another Ram cheap shot a Cowboy.

Thank you. I still for the life of me can't figure out exactly when Dez has ever thrown the first punch (or any punch for that matter) in a televised altercation.

I think someone earlier in this thread mentioned DeAngelo Hall as an example during a game where Dez almost went off on Hall, but he was able to restrain himself, and did not throw a punch.

DezDeangeloSlapFight_zps8fd64372.gif

Any other examples?

Yes, Dez gets worked up, possibly more so than anyone else in the league. And he sure as hell will talk trash and try to get inside the other guy's head, maybe say some things that are uncalled for (though I wouldn't know). But he seems to be pretty damn good at holding himself back in these heated moments by not striking the other guy.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There can't be any middle ground with you guys.

It is OK to tell Dez to lighten up a little on the chirping and the fighting.

Football fights are meaningless until someone gets hurt or suspended. No one ever wins.

You get to hit the other guy legally during the game to teach him a lesson.

No one is saying to be a punk or coward but just realize the negatives outweigh the positives. AND every coach is trying to ban it from camp because of the negatives.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
I wonder his (Dez's) teammates think about him. Also, what his coaches think about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.