Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Also noteworthy is not a single Cowboys player or coach has stepped up back up Street on his accusation.

You'd think if Street felt confident enough to make the accusation (and Dez re-iterate) players would be coming out of the woodwork to support Street.

Players protect their own and all that...

It's nothing but crickets in the locker-room on this topic. Nobody else is going in involve themself in something as stupid and dangerous as falsely accusing someone in the media of using the n-word.

That's because Street and JJT were talking alone. Everybody else was talking to somebody else and couldn't hear the conversation.

And by proxy, your argument is invalid because Dez was a player that backed Street up in his accusation.

It sounds to me like JJT was getting too comfortable and neither Street or Dez liked it.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well you don't have to believe Moore, that's your choice, but the point still stands that not one single person is attaching themselves to back up what Street says. That says a lot to me, not even Garrett is backing up what happened and said that Dez should handle it better. Dez was wrong, and Street made it worse with his false accusation.

So why is Moore not mentioning the Cowboys staff that told him this?

Don't give me the anonymity argument. It's weaksauce in this case.

YR

Wayne02

Reaction score
It's a popular term that is used by black people to reference on another. I don't think JJT was saying it to be mean or racist. But, it was unprofessional and you never know who is going to take it in a way that doesn't agree with you.

They can't confirm Street's accusation because THEY WERE BY THEMSELVES. This idea that there was 'plenty of people around' isn't the truth. This was a typical media session in the locker room, but people weren't around Street and JJT because they were talking alone.

YR

I'm black so I know how the word is used amongst black people, it doesn't mean that JJT called Devin Street that word. I happen to know JJT personally, he attends my church and my niece and nephews are friends with his kids. I don't believe JJT said that word at all. You don't know if they were by themselves, you are going by what your sources told you, and I'm going off of what everyone who claims to have been there said. Why isn't Devin Street adamantly stating that JJT actually said that. He's been very quiet through this whole ordeal, why is that?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Why does he need to give the names of the cowboy officials? Are you saying that Moore is lying about it? No one else in that locker room can confirm what Street and Dez were stating was accurate. Why is that?

Are you saying that Dez & Street are lying? Why are you choosing to believe a couple of hack reporters over one of the players? I'm no Dez apologist and I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and play football, but why in the world would you trust a word that came out of that hack Clayton's mouth? These guys are all boyfriends who travel and work together...of course they're going to back each other's stories. Especially when it's directed toward the demise of the Dallas Cowboys which they cherish. Until somebody who actually works for the Dallas Cowboys tells me differently I call crap.

Wayne02

Reaction score
So why is Moore not mentioning the Cowboys staff that told him this?

Don't give me the anonymity argument. It's weaksauce in this case.

YR

It's weaksauce to you because you don't want to believe what Moore said. I don't know why he didn't say their names, we don't know why he didn't and I don't think it's important. I think what's more important is the silence from Devin Street, where is he to back up how the conversation went. Why is he so quiet all of a sudden?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Lmao at all you scmucks defending Dez here. He's been in the NFL for 5 years and still can't act like a professional. He had ****** parents and never learned how to act. Jerry has done all he can to polish and refine Dez's image and behavior to no avail. He tries to be like Irvin but simply doesn't have the intelligence or charisma.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'm black so I know how the word is used amongst black people, it doesn't mean that JJT called Devin Street that word. I happen to know JJT personally, he attends my church and my niece and nephews are friends with his kids. I don't believe JJT said that word at all. You don't know if they were by themselves, you are going by what your sources told you, and I'm going off of what everyone who claims to have been there said. Why isn't Devin Street adamantly stating that JJT actually said that. He's been very quiet through this whole ordeal, why is that?

Cool, next time you see him at church tell him I said he sucks!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It's weaksauce to you because you don't want to believe what Moore said. I don't know why he didn't say their names, we don't know why he didn't and I don't think it's important. I think what's more important is the silence from Devin Street, where is he to back up how the conversation went. Why is he so quiet all of a sudden?

Because Garrett told everyone to shut their ******* mouths?

31smackdown

Reaction score
Dez was mad all week because JJT said that Richard Sherman handled him in the Seattle game. That's it. That completely had Dez out of his mind.

And I still have no idea why he went after Robert Klemko. That still puzzles me.

No, that's not why he went off.. please tell me you're trolling..

Why don't you read more if you want to know why he wen off on Klemko - Klemko tweeted within minutes about Dez going off on twitter without saying what happened to cause him to go off. Dez wanted him to give the whole story if he was going to talk about it, not just that Dez was going going off with no context.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Are you saying that Dez & Street are lying? Why are you choosing to believe a couple of hack reporters over one of the players? I'm no Dez apologist and I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and play football, but why in the world would you trust a word that came out of that hack Clayton's mouth? These guys are all boyfriends who travel and work together...of course they're going to back each other's stories. Especially when it's directed toward the demise of the Dallas Cowboys which they cherish. Until somebody who actually works for the Dallas Cowboys tells me differently I call crap.

I'm not calling Dez a liar because he never heard what was said either, but I am definitely calling Street a liar. No one else can confirm what he said actually happened and his silence on this issue tells me all that I already knew. You have no idea what you are talking about, you're just taking the side of the guys with stars on their helmet and blaming the big bad media. You can believe that JJT is a hack all you want, but he has more insight on the Cowboys than all of the posters on this board combined.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

My source was actually there. He is one of JJT's peers. He said he didn't hear it either, but said that he wouldn't hear it because the two were off by themselves. But, he put in the way that he wouldn't be surprised if JJT said that from his experience working with him.

There's a reason why they were alone to each other...like you said...Street is a 'nobody.'

I find it odd that my source who was there would claim that they were off to themselves and didn't hear anything because they were off to themselves and supposedly the entire press...outside of my source....and Cowboys officials...were hanging around listening to the every word between JJT and a 'nobody.'

I trust my source because he's never lied about this and doesn't have an axe to grind with JJT and told me he wouldn't be upset at JJT if he did say it. I disagree with him on that point, but Moore refusing to name the Cowboys officials is shady.

YR

Wayne02

Reaction score
My source was actually there. He is one of JJT's peers. He said he didn't hear it either, but said that he wouldn't hear it because the two were off by themselves. But, he put in the way that he wouldn't be surprised if JJT said that from his experience working with him.

There's a reason why they were alone to each other...like you said...Street is a 'nobody.'

I find it odd that my source who was there would claim that they were off to themselves and didn't hear anything because they were off to themselves and supposedly the entire press...outside of my source....and Cowboys officials...were hanging around listening to the every word between JJT and a 'nobody.'

I trust my source because he's never lied about this and doesn't have an axe to grind with JJT and told me he wouldn't be upset at JJT if he did say it. I disagree with him on that point, but Moore refusing to name the Cowboys officials is shady.

YR

Hey man, you believe your source, and I'll believe everyone else who is contradicting that opinion.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yea right, when has Garrett ever had a backbone like that to tell his players to shut up?

First off, understand that I'm not taking any position on who was called what. I wasn't there and to me, literally either side could be telling all, part or none of the truth. I have no idea what happened and frankly, it doesn't even matter that much to me.

As for your question, Garrett has cut plenty of guys who don't do things his way. I don't think he has any problems at all telling the players what is and isn't acceptable when they are behind closed doors. Dez is a Cowboy for a long time in the future and is one of the best WR's in all of football, so clearly Dez doesn't have to worry about being cut... but he still does what Garrett tells him to do.

But just like what Street is saying, it really isn't worth disagreeing with a solid poster like you... at least not in my mind. So, I think Garrett has no trouble telling guys to toe the line and you think he does. It is cool to disagree on this.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's weaksauce to you because you don't want to believe what Moore said. I don't know why he didn't say their names, we don't know why he didn't and I don't think it's important.

It is important that he named names. Anybody could say 'hey, I have 17 Cowboys officials that heard JJT say it!!!'

I understand anonymity with sources, but this isn't the case for it. From the sounds of reporters, they are saying that Street misunderstood.

Great, if he misunderstood and didn't say it. Then let us know who was there that understood it and what was said. That would provide credibility to the situation and then both Street and Dez could apologize.

Or if Moore named the staffers and it was found that the staffers were nowhere near JJT and Street, we could conclude that Moore has terrible sources.

Instead, we just get more 'Media Omerta.'

I think what's more important is the silence from Devin Street, where is he to back up how the conversation went. Why is he so quiet all of a sudden?

Why would he speak up. They just had the problem with Dez which people are skewering him over it. It's like that Garrett and Jerry told everybody to shut up and let it go.

Again, I take Moore's claims with a grain of salt. They were alone, they know they were alone and couldn't possibly hear it in a normal conversation between reporter and player and they just backed up JJT because he is one of their own.

YR

Wayne02

Reaction score
It is important that he named names. Anybody could say 'hey, I have 17 Cowboys officials that heard JJT say it!!!'

I understand anonymity with sources, but this isn't the case for it. From the sounds of reporters, they are saying that Street misunderstood.

Great, if he misunderstood and didn't say it. Then let us know who was there that understood it and what was said. That would provide credibility to the situation and then both Street and Dez could apologize.

Or if Moore named the staffers and it was found that the staffers were nowhere near JJT and Street, we could conclude that Moore has terrible sources.

Instead, we just get more 'Media Omerta.'

Why would he speak up. They just had the problem with Dez which people are skewering him over it. It's like that Garrett and Jerry told everybody to shut up and let it go.

Again, I take Moore's claims with a grain of salt. They were alone, they know they were alone and couldn't possibly hear it in a normal conversation between reporter and player and they just backed up JJT because he is one of their own.

YR

For one, he didn't say "17 cowboy officials" so lets not exaggerate what was said to try and make your point. I don't know why he didn't name names, and I don't think it was necessary. I do know that no one else can confirm Street's story, now you can believe that they were alone if you'd like, that's your opinion and I'm okay with that but it's not a fact that they were alone when there are other opinions that they weren't alone.

Street should speak up because he's the one that made the accusation to get all of this hyped up in the first place. Why is he so quiet about the situation? Why aren't other players or coaches backing up what Street said? Surely with a word like that, it would cause some serious backlash against anyone who uses it towards another player, yet we get nothing but silence from everyone else. That says a lot.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
No I'll pass. I honestly don't think he'd care anyway if some guy on a message board thinks that he "sucks"

You tell him JIMMYBUFFETT said he sucked and then watch his face closely. You'll see shock, followed by disappointment, followed by self-loathing, and lastly by damp eyes. Watch for it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
For one, he didn't say "17 cowboy officials" so lets not exaggerate what was said to try and make your point.

I said that it was important to name names (you claimed it wasn't important) because what if *I* just said 'there were 17 Cowboys officials that said JJT said that!'

This is not the story where anonymous sources are needed. You can nip this thing all in the bud by Moore simply naming his Cowboys officials that told him that and that's why it's important.

I don't know why he didn't name names, and I don't think it was necessary

I disagree. It could provide an easy resolution to the situation. It's not something where anonymity is necessary.

I do know that no one else can confirm Street's story, now you can believe that they were alone if you'd like, that's your opinion and I'm okay with that but it's not a fact that they were alone when there are other opinions that they weren't alone.

Nobody has confirmed JJT's story. They just claim that they didn't hear it. And again, they were alone doing standard report-player discussion. Moore wasn't around. He claimed he had 2 sources from the Cowboys and for whatever reason, refuses to name the sources.

Street should speak up because he's the one that made the accusation to get all of this hyped up in the first place. Why is he so quiet about the situation? Why aren't other players or coaches backing up what Street said? Surely with a word like that, it would cause some serious backlash against anyone who uses it towards another player, yet we get nothing but silence from everyone else. That says a lot.

Why is JJT so quiet about the situation? Where is his column explaining his side of things?

Why is Moore so afraid to name his sources?

I think it's obvious that the organization told the players to be quiet and move on.

And I don't think I'm asking for much. Name your sources, Moore. And then we can figure out if they were there.

YR