Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
It sounds from that the Cowboys don't want to offer a fair deal.

Huh? Maybe. Or it could also very easily be that Condon is holding out for Calvin Johnson money.

How they heck do you deduce from that tweet that its' the Cowboys at fault here?

The only thing you can glean from this is that it might be time for Dez to remind Condon he works for him.

John813

Reaction score
It sounds from that the Cowboys don't want to offer a fair deal.

Funny how there can be three reports from three separate businesses and each will have a different report on the deal.

One says there's comfort between both sides, one says they are still working to get close(Ian) and another one says both sides dgaf

The Natural

Reaction score
Huh? Maybe. Or it could also very easily be that Condon is holding out for Calvin Johnson money.

How they heck do you deduce from that tweet that its' the Cowboys at fault here?

The only thing you can glean from this is that it might be time for Dez to remind Condon he works for him.

How can anyone deduce from the tweet it's solely the agent's fault, when it says it seems that neither side really wants a deal.

Sydla

Reaction score

Rappaport reported that the Cowboys deal is now larger on an average basis than the franchise tag of $12.8MM and they've come up considerably from their initial offer of $10MM per.

$12.8MM frnachise tag would make Thomas and Bryant the 2nd highest paid WRs this year. So if Dallas is offering a deal that averages more than $12.8MM annually, that would make him the 2nd highest paid WR.

CCBoy

Reaction score
...And total money likely isn't the sticking point. The Cowboys, according to reports, have refused to budge from their offer of approximately $20 million guaranteed.

The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George says Bryant's camp is asking for more than $40 million in guarantees.

Meanwhile, the NFLPA plans to pursue collusion charges against the Cowboys - as well as the Denver Broncos - if Bryant and Denver WR Demaryius Thomas don't get long-term deals by the Wednesday deadline.

A source confirmed to The Dallas Morning News that the NFLPA sent letters to the Cowboys and Broncos on Monday regarding potential collusion on the wide receivers' contracts. In those letters, the NFLPA requested the teams preserve documents and communications regarding the matter.

If the deadline of 3 p.m. Wednesday goes by with Bryant not signing a new deal, the union believes it's collusion charges could result in triple the value of Calvin Johnson's roughly $16.2 million per year deal for the Cowboys receiver if successful.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...dez-but-sides-still-have-a-long-way-to-go.ece

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well the fact that the Jones' are literally playing chicken with out superbowl aspirations this season is really upsetting. They are basing all of this on the fact they believe he wont miss games? Not a smart bluff to call imo

It's so easy to talk about what's smart and what's not when it's not your money on the line. The pay a franchise tag brings a player should be enough to get a player not to miss games. After today the team can do nothing to improve his situation other than honoring the tag, Dez just has to be wise enough to sign. It's not much of a bluff if you think about it, Dez loses $750K per game he misses. The more it hurts, the only party that can make it stop is Dez. The math isn't hard here. Opting to lose 3/4 of a million dollars per game is a fools move.

The Natural

Reaction score
Rappaport reported that the Cowboys deal is now larger on an average basis than the franchise tag of $12.8MM and they've come up considerably from their initial offer of $10MM per.

$12.8MM frnachise tag would make Thomas and Bryant the 2nd highest paid WRs this year. So if Dallas is offering a deal that averages more than $12.8MM annually, that would make him the 2nd highest paid WR.

what is the offer?

Sydla

Reaction score
How can anyone deduce from the tweet it's solely the agent's fault, when it says it seems that neither side really wants a deal.

It's more likely the agent's fault when the tweet says that the player himself wants to cut a deal but the agent isn't budging. The agent works for the player. So if Bryant is willing to work with the Cowboys but the agent is holding out for more, guess what? It's likely the agent's fault.

Reality no one really seems to know what's going on.

But if one puts a lot value in that tweet from Cole, the notion that it's the Cowboys who refuse to cut a fair deal is bizarre. The only thing one can glean from that tweet is that if Bryant truly wants to get a deal done and Condon is making it tough, Dez needs to remind him that Condon works for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually it would benefit him, this has already been discussed. I can still sign a one year deal greater then the franchise tag value and continue to negotiate a long term deal. So in all reality he can sit out, and they can sign him to a deal paying him for the games missed. Especially if the team goes 0-2 in the divisions, like they most likely will without him.

Do you really foresee this as any sort of possibility?

That the Cowboys would actually cave in, give him the no-tag option for 2016 and pay him for games that he didn't play?

Pigs have a better chance of flying.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Sydla

Reaction score
what is the offer?

No details were given other than the fact his annual salary average would be higher than the franchise tag number and that would make him one of the top paid WRs in football.

Guaranteed money is unknown and that could be the sticking point. Or the fact Dallas wants some protections in case Bryant gets into trouble off the field. Which I can't blame them on that.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have to applaud the Jones' for holding firm with Dez. In the past, JJ would usually cave to the demands and mortgage the future of the Cowboys. I think Dez is a great player, but do not believe he is worth Megatron's contract. Megatron was not worth that contract. The Cowboys should not have to pay for the sins of the the Detroit Lions and the Miami Dolphins with the Wallace contract.

The current realistic WR contracts start with Cobb's 10 mil per year he signed this year. Obviously Dez and Thomas are a step above Cobb, so I think anything in the 13M per year is what Dez and Thomas should be signing for. If they are asking for anything above that, they are over valuing themselves and I hope the Cowboys and Broncos hold firm in their offers.

The Natural

Reaction score
No details were given other than the fact his annual salary average would be higher than the franchise tag number and that would make him one of the top paid WRs in football.

Guaranteed money is unknown and that could be the sticking point. Or the fact Dallas wants some protections in case Bryant gets into trouble off the field. Which I can't blame them on that.

So in other words no one here knows what is "evidently" on the table

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So in other words no one here knows what is "evidently" on the table

I know what it means I also know when some here are hollering Dallas is not giving him a fair deal they don't have a clue. Is Rapport comments fact? no but I have seen nothing that is showing the Cowboys are being unfair. The Cowboys are using the tag like any other team in the NFL a tag that was approved by the NFLPA and it's member AKA the Players. It ensures that player will get the avg of the top 5 so this BS of Dallas is being unfair? please there is nothing unfair to what they are doing.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cobb got around $10 million

Maclin got $11 million

Seems to me $13 to $14 million and the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL is exactly what the Cowboys should be offering.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't get that either Dooms. Some are acting like we offered less than Mike Wallace money. Really?

Dallas is doing what any other team would be doing. They are not going to cut a bad deal like Det did with CJ so may as well take that BS off the table and deal with reality. Jerry has never been a cheap man, hell if anything he is often accused of overpaying which gets people are upset.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do 'fair deal' mean?

This is the one for me... no one should be using the term "fair deal" like it means a specific number. Instead folks are tossing around that term like it means something specific, which it does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.