Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Wow, arent we the optimistic. So who carries this team offensively without Dez? If we go 0 and 4 if because teams realize we are now a very flat and singular offense. Its that simple.

So Dez gets hurt, and the season is over. Right?

Geez, a lot of faith you have in the other 52 and the staff.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And a solid running game.

Would not like to see an ineffective run game + no Dez.

Winnable games, but not as easy.

I cant believe how many people really think losing dez isnt that big of a deal. Its comical to me. I actually want him to sit now. Just so fans here respect what we have in Dez. No Murray no Dez and people think we are going to go 2-2? 0-4, that will be our record. Book it

conner01

Reaction score
1 year in a sport where he sacrfices his body. If injured it could ruin his chance of a huge pay day. So increase the amount in the analogy. You would not take 1 year 80k on a dangerous project when u could possibly get a contract guaranteeing you 3 times that injured or not.

Except the option is not realistic
He has few option based on the CBA he as a player agreed to
He can take a long term deal which all indications are is around 13 mil or so a year, or he can play under the tag. That's his choices and that's the system the players agreed to

phildadon86

Reaction score
So Dez gets hurt, and the season is over. Right?

Geez, a lot of faith you have in the other 52 and the staff.

I have faith, the problem is Garrets system doesnt support the team to win games without beating the other team physically. Our oline can do it, minus Dez none of our receivers can do it, McFadden and Randle? Im the eternal optimist man, im just saying you make it seem like without dez we will be perfectly fine.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle. What if you were top 3 best contractors at your job. Market value for your position is 100k. Your performance reviews have been great but u have been getting paid 30k and never complained because
1. That is what you agreed to, and 2. You love the company you work for.
But now its time to negotiate again, do you accept 55k because its more than what you were making, or do you want market value?

Stop making sense. It is not well received around these here parts!

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
The problem with your logic is you are saying they are offering about half of his worth when in reality they are offering him top 3 money to a top 3 player.

The Calvin Johnson deal was artificially boosted things due to it being linked to the days where the rookie deals had not been corrected. It's not based on today's labor market.
If you take all other deals after the new labor agreement, you would see that Dallas is almost certainly offering Dez top 3 money.
In fact, I bet they're offering him top 3 money even if you include that crazy deal that CJ got.

Fair point. I dont know for sure what theyve offered. I do know he has a right to negotiate and people shouldnt be angry.

conner01

Reaction score
I did not say they were not business people, I think they are giving very bad advice and frankly as long as they are getting their money they don't give a damn about these guys. You may be impressed with Jay Z based on his criminal record I think the guy is a thug

I don't know who he is actually listening to, but I agree he is getting bad advice

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a business... it's always been a business but the salary cap and the financial constraints it applies have to be respected by those on both sides of the table.

Let's be honest, the Jones family has had issues managing the cap and it has cost this franchise. Cap restraints are a fact of life when it comes to deal with situations like this AND there's the situation about the CJ contract which many agree shouldn't be held to gold-standard because of the situation it was negotiated under.

No reasonable gentleman would disagree that the cap needs to be managed.

But if you're not going to pay going rate for an All-Pro homegrown player who has produced every year in the league, loves the game and lives and breaths The Dallas Cowboys....what's the point?

What. Is. The. Point?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dez should take a deal with 40 million guaranteed.imo stephen is not going to budge from that,he will just franchise Dez again and let him go in 2 years.

my understanding is that Steven isn't offering 40 million guaranteed, only 20...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is a pretty bad analogy. Because at the worst, the Cowboys are offering to pay him for one year, the 2nd most money a WR would earn.

No one is suggesting he take a crap deal for $8MM per, nor does it appear the Cowboys are even offering anything remotely insulting like that either.

Once again...you have missed the mark...but I will give you credit....you are consistent

John813

Reaction score
I cant believe how many people really think losing dez isnt that big of a deal. Its comical to me. I actually want him to sit now. Just so fans here respect what we have in Dez. No Murray no Dez and people think we are going to go 2-2? 0-4, that will be our record. Book it

Where did I say losing Dez isn't a big deal in that post?
Please highlight it.
Any game is winnable for any team. We still have plenty of NFL quality talent on the team and Romo is still our Quarterback. The games will not be easy to win without Dez, but it doesn't mean we have no shot at winning without him.

egn22

Reaction score

But if you're not going to pay going rate for an All-Pro homegrown player who has produced every year in the league, loves the game and lives and breaths The Dallas Cowboys....what's the point?

What. Is. The. Point?

It's really that simple

erod

Reaction score
I have faith, the problem is Garrets system doesnt support the team to win games without beating the other team physically. Our oline can do it, minus Dez none of our receivers can do it, McFadden and Randle? Im the eternal optimist man, im just saying you make it seem like without dez we will be perfectly fine.

The franchise tag gives the Cowboys some control over Dez. They are intensely fearful of what an un-mentored Dez would be like with seemingly limitless money.

The Cowboys are trying to protect themselves. Trust me, we don't know half of what has happened the past five years with Dez.

If he doesn't sign, it's as much on him as it is the team. Remember that.

dstovall5

Reaction score

Sounds like you're more of a Dez fan than a Cowboy fan to me. You actually want Dez to sit, so the Cowboys can suffer? I'm starting to think that article stating we have "the best fans in the NFL" was backwards, maybe he meant 32nd?:laugh:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Where did I say losing Dez isn't a big deal in that post?
Please highlight it.
Any game is winnable for any team. We still have plenty of NFL quality talent on the team and Romo is still our Quarterback. The games will not be easy to win without Dez, but it doesn't mean we have no shot at winning without him.

I wasnt referring to you, I am just saying in general. Any game is winnable, but why does the orginization want to put us into a situation like that? Romo is still the QB i agree, the problem is we already took away one of the big reasons he was so great last year in Murray, now Dez may sit, the guy that Romo counted on in clutch situations to throw the ball up to knowing he would bring it down. What more does ROMO need to do for this team before they put him into a position to win? Thats what im really upset about. Romo already had to say goodbye to Murray, now Dez may sit? Thats gotta be rough on him

Doomsday101

Reaction score

What. Is. The. Point?

Who says they are not offering the going rate? Could it be he is asking for more than the so called going rate? Cowboys seem to be made out as the bad guy in this. Dallas has been very fair with players over the years to the point the organization has come under fire from many of the same fans who now want Dallas just to bend over and pay whatever Dez demands. I think if Dallas is willing to offer up money that makes Dez the 2nd or 3rd highest paid WR then they are clearly offering the so called going rate.

conner01

Reaction score
it's always been a business, but what I scoff at is the notion that the employees deserve to share in revenue in the business.

that isn't how it works in most of the business world. through litigation and insane rulings, the NFL operates that way, and it is absurd.

so now we are at a point where a player feels justified to hold out even though he is an idiot being offered nearly 13 million a year.

I have no problem with the revenue sharing with players
I think it's a good system and it is the system thAt both the players and teams agreed to
I have a problem with players not wanting to live up to what they agreed to
The owners have to follow the CBA or they end up in litigation

erod

Reaction score

What. Is. The. Point?

I think they're actually fine with paying him gobs of money. They just want protection clauses that he thinks he's outgrown. I honestly think that's the biggest hang-up. They want ways out if he goes astray, but otherwise, they're probably OK with a $50-million guarantee. Condon doesn't want to set that precedent, and Dez wants total freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.