Dez lost his job after the Seattle game

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The week against Oakland came down to a play by Jeff Heath.

Dez had 2 catches for 59 yards against one of the worst secondaries in the league.

And Dak had 0 TDs and 2 INTs against the worst secondary.

....it's kinda like the QB couldn't do anything against the worst.

But let's take a look at how the other WRs performed

Williams - 3 catches, 19 yards
Beasley - 1 catch, 15 yards
Witten - 4 for 47 yards

Did all of these players all start to suck at once?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
No, you've seen the media try to say he was starting trouble. You then had AUDIO released showing it was all false and players coming out and saying they love Dez and his passion. Your narrative is false and you need to stop peddling lies.

So, if you'd like, give us all an example of Dez pouting on the sideline and not getting people fired up? I'll wait.
You've wasted enough of my time today. You don't like Dak & you do like Dez. That's cool. 1 is still here, the other isn't. Carry on.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again 13 million salary vs. 600k salary

This is dumb. We got rid of the guy with that large contract, he's gone...

The other is at a position that could demand big money that could potentially put us into cap hell. Dak is our starting QB, the player responsible to get the ball to the WRs - and he didn't exactly make any of our other WRs look good, now did he?

It doesn't matter if Dak was out there doing it for free, he's the one starting at the QB position. He sucked and all our WRs were impacted.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You've wasted enough of my time today. You don't like Dak & you do like Dez. That's cool. 1 is still here, the other isn't. Carry on.

Yeah, you have nothing. Hit the road.

I don't care about Dez, he's gone. If he does well with another team or is done with football, doesn't matter to me either way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And Dak had 0 TDs and 2 INTs against the worst secondary.

....it's kinda like the QB couldn't do anything against the worst.

But let's take a look at how the other WRs performed

Williams - 3 catches, 19 yards
Beasley - 1 catch, 15 yards
Witten - 4 for 47 yards

Did all of these players all start to suck at once?

And on all or nothing the coaches made mention of Dak losing faith in the system.

Witten was making remarks about it during the game as well.

J12B

Reaction score
This is dumb. We got rid of the guy with that large contract, he's gone...

The other is at a position that could demand big money that could potentially put us into cap hell. Dak is our starting QB, the player responsible to get the ball to the WRs - and he didn't exactly make any of our other WRs look good, now did he?

It doesn't matter if Dak was out there doing it for free, he's the one starting at the QB position. He sucked and all our WRs were impacted.

2016 Dak didn't miss a beat without Dez out 3 games with injury. Perhaps the reason for his poor numbers was due to the fact that he was without his starting LT and RB this game.

Dez even gave up on a ball the very first drive that ended up as an interception.

Dez is not the player he was 3 years ago and has declined in performance. The last 3 season numbers prove this and can be affirmed that he remains unsigned nearly 3 months after being a free agent. Number 1 receivers dont stay free agents for long.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
2016 Dak didn't miss a beat without Dez out 3 games with injury. Perhaps the reason for his poor numbers was due to the fact that he was without his starting LT and RB this game.

Dez even gave up on a ball the very first drive that ended up as an interception.

Dez is not the player he was 3 years ago and has declined in performance. The last 3 season numbers prove this and can be affirmed that he remains unsigned nearly 3 months after being a free agent. Number 1 receivers dont stay free agents for long.

Yeah, for a stretch of games Dak was good without Dez. Then Dez came back and had some pretty games when the QB was playing well. That's normally how it works. Guess was, all of our other WRs were doing well too.

So what is the common factor here, bud? Dak played like crap and all of our other WRs had down years. Put it together....

And whether Dez "gave up", like you said, it doesn't change the fact that Dak's poor play impacted more than just Dez. Can you show me the player that had a peak year with Dak throwing to them? Williams? Witten? Beasley? Compare 2016 to 2017...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't mind 1yr deals if it's reasonable, Dez wanted his 1yr deal to pay him the same amount he'd make as a Cowboy.
Then it's misleading to say he just wants a 1-year deal. What you are saying is that the only offer he received was for 1/2 his salary. He averaged 14M on his last contract and the claimed Ravens offer was 7M per.

J12B

Reaction score
Yeah, for a stretch of games Dak was good without Dez. Then Dez came back and had some pretty games when the QB was playing well. That's normally how it works. Guess was, all of our other WRs were doing well too.

So what is the common factor here, bud? Dak played like crap and all of our other WRs had down years. Put it together....

And whether Dez "gave up", like you said, it doesn't change the fact that Dak's poor play impacted more than just Dez. Can you show me the player that had a peak year with Dak throwing to them? Williams? Witten? Beasley? Compare 2016 to 2017...

Just answer this question: Why is Dez a free agent after being on the market for nearly 3 months?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Just answer this question: Why is Dez a free agent after being on the market for nearly 3 months?

I don't give a crap why is. You an speculate on that.

And I called you out first, you should be answering the question. Why did every single one of our receivers have down years last year?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you new to football?

There are countless of receivers that whine on the sideline. We have seen this time and time again. Remember when Dez was so called whining and running his mouth at Romo on the sidelines at Detroit? He was actually encouraging and trying to hype him up.

This using Dez as a scapegoat on this site is corny. Nowhere else have I seen so many “fans” blame last season’s shortcomings on Dez. That should go towards the coaching staff, injuries, suspensions, etc.

Funny how the game right before this, Dez made the game winning play. Everybody including OP seems to forget about that one tho

I’m not new to football are you? You’re right some other WR’s whine too, and their teams put up with it, as long as they produce at a high level. As soon as they stop producing at a high level, they’re gone.

I am not scapegoating Dez for anything. But the whining on the sidelines act grows old after a while
With people. There’s also a line with scapegoating Dez and saying he made his own bed. I don’t blame all the offenses problems on him. Dak deserves just as much blame. But Dez was one of the highest paid WR’s in the league. If you’re paid that much, you need to be a solution, not a problem.

Dez has been trying to hype people up on the sidelines before, but that’s not what happened in Seattle. It’s clear as day what happened in Seattle. The team was WINNING when he started tantruming. So why is he doing that to “hype people up” in a game they’re winning?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Didn't Beasley peak in '16?

J12B

Reaction score

And it meant defenses were playing the pass since they didn't have to fear Zeke. The WR group isn't as good as what their numbers reflected them to be. Therefore, the player receiving the highest salary and proven to be ineffective was released as a result.

J12B

Reaction score

Beasely peaked in 2014 l, but didnt get that many balls thrown to him. Like nearly every pass his way was either a first down or something positive.

I don't give a crap why is. You an speculate on that.

And I called you out first, you should be answering the question. Why did every single one of our receivers have down years last year?

I did answer the question. See the post above this one.

And that's a weak answer. There has to be a reason.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Yes, and then in 2017 he had one of his worst seasons as a starting slot receiver. The point being here is, it's not like it was only Dez who wasn't contributing.

Williams didn't have a single TD catch last year and had less yard on more catches
Beasley went from having 75 catches to 36 and only had over 300 yards receiving
Dez had his lowest total catches, yards receiving, and TDs in 16 games in his entire career
Jason Witten also slipped a bit, though he wasn't dominating in 2016 either

So every WRs production went down, Beasley was dramatic - across the board everyone was playing bad. It's kinda like, when a QB plays poorly, it can have an impact on your WRs. I'm not even claiming Dez was playing great or even good, but Dak is still on our team, Dez is not. One is still our problem and looks to be the bigger problem.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And it meant defenses were playing the pass since they didn't have to fear Zeke. The WR group isn't as good as what their numbers reflected them to be. Therefore, the player receiving the highest salary and proven to be ineffective was released as a result.

You're dumb, bud. It's simple as that.

Alfred Morris was averaging nearly the same as Zeke was before he went out and when he came back. Only difference is, Zeke was being force fed the ball. The ground game was still effective without Zeke, that's the product of having a good offensive line in that department.

And one of Dak's worst games came when Zeke came back and had a relatively good rushing game....that was similar to what Morris provided us.

Excuses are bad. Now I'm bored - most of you are awful when it comes to debating. Who is next?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dez had a bad game. At the wrong time. Saw Romo do that. Team seems cursed sometimes at critical times. I blame the staff.

J12B

Reaction score
You're dumb, bud. It's simple as that.

Alfred Morris was averaging nearly the same as Zeke was before he went out and when he came back. Only difference is, Zeke was being force fed the ball. The ground game was still effective without Zeke, that's the product of having a good offensive line in that department.

And one of Dak's worst games came when Zeke came back and had a relatively good rushing game....that was similar to what Morris provided us.

Excuses are bad. Now I'm bored - most of you are awful when it comes to debating. Who is next?

Calling someone dumb is a helluva thing to say in a debate.

You need to reassess.

Fact is Dez is gone as his production did not equate to his salary.

And he is still a free agent after 3 months. Your reasoning for that is simply, oh no one knows why. Well guess, what, I know. And 31 other teams agree with me.