Dez meets Michael Jordan

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;5010274 said:
This here exposes how little you know about basketball. Hakeem destroyed Shaq in a finals series. While Hakeem was on his last legs, and Shaq was in his prime. Looking at height and weight measurements without knowing anything about how the game is played or what skills actually are, is simply ignorant, to be blunt.

Do some research about the topic next time you debate someone so it looks like you remotely have a clue of what you're talking about.

Exactly. I've never felt so good about an argument. Its like talking to someone who has never watched basketball. He brings up 3 people who said LeBron is good...one who said not as good as Jordan(claims it was a fake retraction).. yet ignores LBJs own teammate RIGHT NOW..saying he has a long way to go.. like Wade has no standing. It is a complete joke. Magic Johnson and another 40-50 NBAers trump his list. A great player who finishes games for the Heat and who sees LeBron daily says he has a long way to go. Guess Nav's emoticons know more. The media created all of this. What a joke this guy is. He has zero understanding that Jordan's rebound totals trump LeBrons due to the fact that he is smaller and did more for his size and position. He just reads a number, says the guy is big so he must be better. What is even dumber about his argument is that I've give LeBron his due and think the guy is a stud but he and his puppet laughers can't look at things objectively. I'm guessing a teenager.

Look at the top teams in NBA history and the era they came from

http://www.nba.com/history/toptenteams_index.html

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
HoustonFrog;5010302 said:
Exactly. I've never felt so good about an argument. Its like talking to someone who has never watched basketball.

Exactly.

Nav22

Reaction score
Old-timers,

I know Hakeem schooled Shaq. I was laughing at how absurd the analogy was because it has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron vs MJ. You're resorting to garbage like that because reality isn't on your side.

Old, obsolete, and out-of-touch.

Why don't you give me another irrelevant analogy!
Something like, an older Kevin Willis once schooled young Antonio McDyess, therefore Michael's better than LeBron. :lmao2:
Shaq wasn't in his prime. It was his 3rd year in the league and Hakeem was 31 at the time, finished in the top 5 that season and just won MVP the previous year. He was not on his last legs

Correct.

Hakeem on his "last legs"??? He played 7 more seasons!! :lmao2:

Oh wait, I didn't see this guy's link of an NBA.com list of top teams. Well, that settles everything! :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
mldardy;5010300 said:
Shaq wasn't in his prime. It was his 3rd year in the league and Hakeem was 31 at the time, finished in the top 5 that season and just won MVP the previous year. He was not on his last legs

Ok, let me clarify: Nav's whole argument is based off size and strength. Hakeem was definitely slowing down at that point(I'll admit i went a little heavy on the last legs part), his numbers went on a steady decline after those back-to-back championships. Shaq was in the best shape he'd been at any point in his career. The fact that he didn't know The Dream destroyed Shaq is unforgivable.

Nav22

Reaction score
But I'm sure that in 50 years when we're talking about the great minds of basketball, Dwyane Wade's name will surely come up before Pat Riley's or Jim Boeheim's.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

He has zero understanding that Jordan's rebound totals trump LeBrons due to the fact that he is smaller and did more for his size and position.
Production is production no matter what excuse you make for the less-productive player, O-T.

LeBron's size is an advantage that MJ didn't possess? Tough s---. If LeBron grabs more rebounds consistently, that means he's a better rebounder.

He's also a better passer and defends more positions.

While scoring at a much higher clip than MJ ever did.

Why is he better at all of these things? Because he's better at basketball.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Nav22;5010315 said:
Old-timers,

I know Hakeem schooled Shaq. I was laughing at how absurd the analogy was because it has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron vs MJ. You're resorting to garbage like that because reality isn't on your side.

Something like, an older Kevin Willis once schooled young Antonio McDyess, therefore Michael's better than LeBron. :lmao2:

Correct.

Oh wait, I didn't see this guy's link of an NBA.com list of top teams. Well, that settles everything! :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I have one more laugh simile than you! I win the argument!!! :rolleyes:

Btw, you had no clue Hakeem dominated Shaq, it's obvious :lmao: ....and yes, I'm really laughing at you. It's relevant because it debunks your stupid "size means more talent" nonsense that you keep peddling. No surprise everyone gets it but you.

Nav22

Reaction score
So wait...

If LeBron retires at 35, then that means he's currently on his last legs, right? :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;5010321 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I have one more laugh simile than you! I win the argument!!! :rolleyes:

Btw, you had no clue Hakeem dominated Shaq, it's obvious :lmao: ....and yes, I'm really laughing at you. It's relevant because it debunks your stupid "size means more talent" nonsense that you keep peddling. No surprise everyone gets it but you.

You're a buffoon. I grew up as a diehard Penny Hardaway fan so I'm well aware of what happened in those Finals. I still cringe when I hear Nick Anderson's name.

Nice try, Last Legs. :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Nav22;5010323 said:
You're a buffoon. I grew up as a diehard Penny Hardaway fan so I'm well aware of what happened in those Finals. I still cringe when I hear Nick Anderson's name.

Nice try, Last Legs. :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I love the name calling, let's you know who's losing the argument and can't keep their composure. :D

Being a Penny fan would make sense for you, all flash but no substance. He once told Jordan he would average 40ppg after Shaq fled to L.A. Nonsense, little did he realize that his game benefited so much from Shaq's presence.

Nav22

Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;5010328 said:
I love the name calling, let's you know who's losing the argument and can't keep their composure. :D

Being a Penny fan would make sense for you, all flash but no substance. He once told Jordan he would average 40ppg after Shaq fled to L.A. Nonsense, little did he realize that his game benefited so much from Shaq's presence.

Yeah, Shaq leaving is what killed Penny's career. Not the injuries or anything. :rolleyes:

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Why are you even comparing Lebron to Jordan, when he couldn't deal with Jason Terry? Nav, tell me how Lebron would dominate Terry so I can just point to the Finals series where Terry talked him out of his game, dropped three pointers all over the court, and embarrassed him.

Yet that guy is better than Jordan?

Miller

Reaction score
Nav22;5010315 said:
Old-timers,

Correct.

It's NBA.coms list. You know professionals that cover the league.

This will be my last post because you are a) uneducated about debate and b) are uneducated about the NBA and how things like basketball IQ, leadership and a host of other things make a player

Let me explain something to you since you skipped your RIF class today. You can't bring up b.s. arguments, have them disproved and then make excuses, throw out your emoticons and then act like it didn't happen. Your whole initial argument was that Jordan wouldn't survive in todays league. You said they were bigger, more athletic and stronger. A weak, horrible argument since many of the greatest players to ever play played in Jordan's day. Yet when we bring up how "stronger, faster, younger" doesn't equal better....Shaq v Hakeem...you balk and run away with your tail between your legs mouthing off. Larry Bird is considered one of the greatest players in the leagues history. The Celtics weren't considered athletic but were great. Basketball players all have certain skills. LeBron may be supremely athletic for his size but that doesn't equal better in any era. Intangibles, style of play, leadership, willing your team, etc mean a ton.

Also, you can't throw out a player like Pippen in 10 posts as a negative for Jordan. Then when your shown the real quote make and excuse that it was a false retraction....not true. You also can't use it over and over saying he was his teammate and then when Wade, LeBron's teammate says something, say it's not relevant. That isn't how it works Skippy. BTW, Boeheim is a college coach and Riley got punked by Jordan. Who cares. Having a majority of the league, including JBJ, grow up idolizing and watching Jordan, saying he is the greatest and then trying to match him, isn't media driven. It is what happens when HOFers in the league acknowledge the truth. I'll take Magic Johnsons's words...another Top 5 player, who said MJ is the greatest.

Again, do some historical research on the teams from the 80s and 90s...deeper, stronger and more physical.

I know its past your bedtime and you probably have to wade through your LeBron fatheads to get there so I'll stop this post now.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Nav22;5010335 said:
Yeah, Shaq leaving is what killed Penny's career. Not the injuries or anything. :rolleyes:

Did the injuries make him miss games, as well as lead him to never average the same points, FG%, and assists as he did with Shaq? :rolleyes:

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;5010341 said:

This will be my last post because you are a) uneducated about debate and b) are uneducated about the NBA and how things like basketball IQ, leadership and a host of other things make a player

Let me explain something to you since you skipped your RIF class today. You can't bring up b.s. arguments, have them disproved and then make excuses, throw out your emoticons and then act like it didn't happen. Your whole initial argument was that Jordan wouldn't survive in todays league. You said they were bigger, more athletic and stronger. A weak, horrible argument since many of the greatest players to ever play played in Jordan's day. Yet when we bring up how "stronger, faster, younger" doesn't equal better....Shaq v Hakeem...you balk and run away with your tail between your legs mouthing off. Larry Bird is considered one of the greatest players in the leagues history. The Celtics weren't considered athletic but were great. Basketball players all have certain skills. LeBron may be supremely athletic for his size but that doesn't equal better in any era. Intangibles, style of play, leadership, willing your team, etc mean a ton.

Also, you can't throw out a player like Pippen in 10 posts as a negative for Jordan. Then when your shown the real quote make and excuse that it was a false retraction....not true. You also can't use it over and over saying he was his teammate and then when Wade, LeBron's teammate says something, say it's not relevant. That isn't how it works Skippy. BTW, Boeheim is a college coach and Riley got punked by Jordan. Who cares. Having a majority of the league, including JBJ, grow up idolizing and watching Jordan, saying he is the greatest and then trying to match him, isn't media driven. It is what happens when HOFers in the league acknowledge the truth. I'll take Magic Johnsons's words...another Top 5 player, who said MJ is the greatest.

Again, do some historical research on the teams from the 80s and 90s...deeper, stronger and more physical.

I know its past your bedtime and you probably have to wade through your LeBron fatheads to get there so I'll stop this post now.

:hammer:

Nav22

Reaction score
Your whole initial argument was that Jordan wouldn't survive in todays league.
Never said that or implied it, old-timer.

LEAVE. NOW.

Why are you even comparing Lebron to Jordan, when he couldn't deal with Jason Terry? Nav, tell me how Lebron would dominate Terry so I can just point to the Finals series where Terry talked him out of his game, dropped three pointers all over the court, and embarrassed him.

Yet that guy is better than Jordan?
The same Jordan who couldn't get past the 1st round until his 4th season and couldn't get into the Finals until his 7th season?

Was he never once outplayed?

And you're a joke if you think Jason Terry has ever had anything on LeBron James. The Mavs were the better team and Terry benefited.

Miller

Reaction score
Nav22;5010353 said:
Never said that or implied it, old-timer. :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

LEAVE. NOW.

The same Jordan who couldn't get past the 1st round until his 4th season and couldn't get into the Finals until his 7th season?

Was he never once outplayed?

And you're a joke if you think Jason Terry has ever had anything on LeBron James. The Mavs were the better team and Terry benefited.

Sorry I'm breaking my rule because your ignorance knows no bounds. Jordan is a better scorer...by almost 3 points a game...in less minutes, shooting a better percentage and with more steals, and less turnovers. That's an efficient player. You are embarrassing. My last post nailed you on all your b.s. You haven't shown anything that disputes my articles and LeBrons own teammate post championship saying he isn't close is icing in the cake. Run away little boy, learn about the sport first.

BTW, thanks for being Exhibit #1 for my post above. You responded to nothing and answered with emoticons again. You're too easy.

Nav22

Reaction score
I really love all the attempted distractions.

Because the existence of those teams from the '80s (which MJ couldn't get past anyways) and '90s (when the Bulls were so good they won 55 games even without MJ)...

Somehow cancels out the reality that LeBron's a more efficient scorer, better passer, better rebounder, and more versatile defender than MJ ever was, while also being much more gifted athletically than MJ ever was.

Nav22

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;5010362 said:
Sorry I'm breaking my rule because your ignorance knows no bounds. Jordan is a better scorer...by almost 3 points a game...in less minutes, shooting a better percentage and with more steals, and less turnovers. That's an efficient player. You are embarrassing. My last post nailed you on all your b.s. You haven't shown anything that disputes my articles and LeBrons own teammate post championship saying he isn't close is icing in the cake. Run away little boy, learn about the sport first.

BTW, thanks for being Exhibit #1 for my post above. You responded to nothing and answered with emoticons again. You're too easy.

56.7% from the field, old-timer. :lmao2:

Better passer, old-timer.

Better rebounder, old-timer.

More versatile defender, old-timer.

Better at basketball, old-timer. Notice how I don't need to distract from raw basketball attributes because reality is on my side?

Meanwhile, you're digging up file footage of Kevin McHale and Mychal Thompson. :lmao2:

Oh, but Dwyane Wade says Mike's the best so that's that. His opinion means more than Boeheim's or Riley's. :lmao2:

Oh, Boeheim's a college coach!?!? Thanks, O-T!

If you weren't such an ignorant, obsolete, out-of-touch geezer, you'd have known that Boeheim coached both MJ and LeBron in the Olympics. He's one of the few people who ever coached them both in their primes.

And he picked LeBron.