Did Dak Regress?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Dak get worse, or is the problem the OL or the WRs?

No.

Tyron out then Zeke out.

Dez has regressed. Skins didn't even both to use their #1 CB on him. Norman was often on TWill.

Witten is slow and Dez is not good anymore. It's hard to function with those limitations.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wouldn't overeact to Dak having a string of subpar or even terrible games.
The circumstances aren't the same...that much is true.
But he is only a 2nd year guy and although he's mentaly tough, it's clear that opposing DCs have gotten into his head to some degree.
I still maintain that he has a long career ahead of him.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
I wouldn't overeat to Dak having string of subpar or even terrible games.
The circumstances aren't the same...that much is true.
But he is only a 2nd year guy and although he's mentality tough, it's clear that opposing DCs had gotten into his head to some degree.
I still maintain that he has long career ahead of him.
I agree the best is yet to come, last year was a good year and many problems this year !! Hey, Chaz Green on the field for any game could ruin the season !!!!

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
But that's only been since line play regressed and he has been under more pressure. Before Atlanta, there were not many comments about poor mechanics, sloppy footwork, etc. just the opposite. Many noticed his passes had more zip. I specifically remember noting that people were no longer saying he missed a lot of downfield receivers like last year. That all changed after getting sacked 8 times in Atlanta, and more sacks and bad games thereafter. He regressed and went back to poor mechanics when his protection wasn't as sound.

I think once he starts to trust the line more if they keep playing better, he will get back to himself. We'll see.

I also think people are comparing him to Goff and Wentz, forgetting that they only made such noticeable improvement after not being very good last year. Dak was already good last year, but he's still being expected to make just as far jump as the other two made.
There were a lot of comments about sloppy footwork and poor mechanics last year. I said a lot of them and so did some others on here... it didn’t just start when the team struggles started

romothesavior

Reaction score
I question the objectivity of anyone who claims he hasn't regressed.

Sure, his weapons haven't been great and the line hasn't been quite as good, but Dak is making trash throws in clean pockets.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Defenses got smarter both on how to keep Dak in the pocket and how best to cover our receivers. A big example is Cole Beasley being double teamed and he has 30 receptions so far while he had 75 last year. Teams don't fear Dez because he can't run himself open. A good coach would find ways to adjust help his QB but we don't have good coaching.

I'm not making Dak blameless in the whole thing but a lot of it has been our opponents adjusting to him.

erod

Reaction score
In order to regress, first you have to gress.

The league adapted to the play-action rollout, and since then, Dak looks lost in the pocket. Dak HATES the pocket.

Sepia

Reaction score
Thank. You

We wont win anything with him unless we have an elite defense and elite skill players around him. With this front office, im not holding my breath for either

Who wins Super Bowls without elite players around them?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Prescott is not the same player he was pre-Atlanta.

Prescott without Elliott on field (pre-Atlanta)
131 of 215 (61%) 1574 yd 7.3 ypa 10 td 2 int 95.0
since
68 of 110 (62%) 593 yd 5.4 ypa 2 td 5 int 63.2