Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

Chasing6

Reaction score
guy just set the single season Cowboys WR record catching passes from a 1 read stiff and this is how you do him?

There is literally no length you won't go to, to prop Dak up. C'mon man.
If the defensive game plan is to double CD, then we can't force the ball to him. I understand he wants to get involved in the game early. Mike has to have designed plays to get him the ball.

The pick 6 looked like Dak was forcing it to him. CD had like 9 catches on 18 targets. If you look at the other receivers they all had a high completion percentage.

Gallup 6 for 6
Ferguson 10 for 12
Cooks 6 for 8

Defense game plan. Take CD out of the game and watch him and Dallas have a melt down.

Check Mate.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but. I think and seemed like MM wanted to use the first drive to try to establish the run. Was obvious when he was running against stacked boxes.

Lamb watched packers run all over us and knew we were gonna be in a shootout. They had a dinged up CB like we did. I think Lamb wanted to be motioned to get his one on one match up and take the deep early shot to stay in the game. MM wanted to stay with trying to run.

Then packers used safeties to confuse Dak (worked) to protect there secondary and Dak throws a int right into the defenses teeth.

You have to let big players make big plays. We stayed with our schemes until second half when packers went more prevent. There total defense is ranked below average and MM could have read the room and not thrown against 4 man fronts or ran against stacked boxes. Gave Dak a chance to audible or maybe he did. But I think Lamb saw something and they did not want to change anything.

We all knew after the first quarter we were not going to stay with our Defensive game plan and stop them. We gave them 14 points in the first half. Our Defense got blown out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wherever you want to pin the blame, the fact is the body language was off for both players. Not a good look coming into a playoff game (or any game for that matter). It's in those moments you realize the team is going to rollover and lose the game. Is that on coaching or the players? I don't know, but it's inexcusable for last Saturday. The biggest game of the season up to that point and they are moping around.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But, but, but. he's an EVERY day #1 who can be counted on every game....that's what people tell me. Nothing wrong with being a 1 1/2
So he's better than a number 1? What are you saying here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just a thought, who knows.

But he was a big pouter too and, intentional or not, that influence can matter.
Michael Irvin said CeeDee absolutely can not and should not have acted that way towards Dak and McCarthy. Totally set the wrong example early to the rest of the team. Irvin said very early in his career, Norv Turner constantly reminded him of that. Never display angst against Troy for any reason, especially live on the field during a key game for the rest of the team to see. That destroys the team's trust and spirit.