Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak played bad, this is very true...also true is AGAIN in a playoff game our game plan had our WR's with the least seperation of any WR's in the playoffs...its a disease at this point blame Dak all you want but he is a symptom of the problem, just like CD and the others...

HMJYay

Reaction score
Is it the receivers who after a while who always wear on Dak, or is the guy who's been here 8 years and gone through multiple # 1 receivers. Which one does common sense tell you? Lol

Sydla

Reaction score
People who want to move on from Dak after this year because they think it makes the team better - or who think he is a 1-read QB - are the stupid ones.

Clearly, moving on from Dak doesn't make the team better in the near term.

But continuing with Dak more than likely results in the same thing. He's not some young QB. He's an established QB at this point and often times, what you see is what you get at this point in QBs careers.

Some just want a different direction, even if that means a couple crap seasons. Why continue to just repeat things and get the same results? Every offseason, you guys say the same thing and then the season plays out, the results don't change and yet you come right back saying the same things.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
First of all that's hilarious you think he struggles with receivers, who are having career years with him...

he's struggling with Cooper, hey Cooper came in mid season they don't even know each other and they hit it off right away they never had a problem...

you're saying they have a problem off the field or on the sidelines when there's communication issues, it's happened for a century in the NFL they are sideline discussions and sometimes heated discussions between all top quarterbacks and their receivers...

it happened all year with jalen hurts and A.J. Brown in a much worse way it happens all the time but don't say that he can't get on the same page with his number one,

Gallup had a career year, Cedric Wilson had a career year, and now for four straight years CD where has done nothing but improve and people said he was a #2, how is it now that he had an historical Dallas cowboy number one wide receiver year???

somebody is throwing him the football... So all these records he set this year was because he's having issues both of them we're in discussions with being at the top of their games this year Prescott even had considerations for MVP and now all of a sudden there's a problem because they lost a game no this is just one of many overreactions by fans trying to figure out why they lost the game the whole team failed again to stick together and fight but the defense was far worse than the offense..

It's comical that you think that Prescott has issues with his receivers and now you're making up stuff that's not even there he's had issues with all his number ones no look around the league these kind of things happen a lot but I've already set up there it's it's comical also that you're letting CD lamb off the hook for having an attitude problem missing catchable balls cooks having balls that were catchable he never even lifted his hands up didn't fight for that first interception yes he got interfered with yes he got pulled on but these dudes didn't dive for footballs they didn't try to even reach for a football this team lost this game this was a team loss so stop trying to find issues that are not there...
Yet they all have issues with him. Hard to ignore the one major outlier you failed to identify. I have made up nothing. It's been well documented about his WR 1s having issues with Dak. For the record I have never been a fan of Dak. He is the same player he was in college and he fails to deliver in big games and when the pressure is on his shoulders. Go watch the Alabama game when he was at Miss St and listen to those announcers outline the same issues many of us have outlined since he was drafted. I don't care about his stats or the few times he has flashed. He doesn't have the makings of a true elite QB1 and never will. You want to support him fine, doesn't mean I need to. Dak is nothing more than an 8 year failed attempt at leading his team to a SB. It's well past time to move on imo. Dude can't even crack 100 yards passing in the first half of his playoff games. You do realize the panthers just put up 30 points against the great GB def just a few weeks ago. The same putrid Panthers offense that struggled to score more than 15 points all year.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
He was sniffing his own farts and thought he could just show up and dominate. Playoff games takes a new level of dedication.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's not unrealistic if our owner/GM was competent and understood the HC isn't good enough and the QB simply has had multiple opportunities to perform well in big games but often hasn't.

He should know better from the Garrett years but unfortunately he's stubborn and arrogant. I have little doubt the next 2-3 years will be pretty much like the previous few years if Jerry simply runs it back, like it appears he's going to do, albeit with a new DC most likely. He'll make McCarthy coach on the last year of his deal like he did to Garrett multiple times, thinking it will motivate him to be better. He'll extend Dak. We'll nibble on the edges in FA like we always do. We'll play the 2024 season with a flawed roster, likely still light at DT or LB. We'll win 9-10-11 games because we'll beat the dregs on our roster but largely get exposed again by the good teams. We'll get bounced from the playoffs early again and then we will all realize Jerry threw away another season due to his own hubris.

I've got years of history/evidence to back up this though process.
I believe you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Clearly, moving on from Dak doesn't make the team better in the near term.

But continuing with Dak more than likely results in the same thing. He's not some young QB. He's an established QB at this point and often times, what you see is what you get at this point in QBs careers.

Some just want a different direction, even if that means a couple crap seasons. Why continue to just repeat things and get the same results? Every offseason, you guys say the same thing and then the season plays out, the results don't change and yet you come right back saying the same things.
The problem isnt moving on from Dak the problem is the guy orchestrating the move from Dak..like i said we have seen this movie before and its been running for 28 years...we fix the symptoms here and never the illness because the illness is the Dr...Dak sucked our WR once AGAIN in a playoff game had the least seperation of any WR core in the playoffs...the run defense was ano show and GB had WR running free all over the place...there are alot of new directions needed since 1996...

Staubacher

Reaction score
Lamb was the best player on the team all season.

First off, was he really pitching a fit? He just looked sad and dejected to me. Why, none of us know.

The slander that he partied too much the night before is a despicable comment from the usual Stans who will throw everyone under the bus for their failure hero.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Lamb was the best player on the team all season.

First off, was he really pitching a fit? He just looked sad and dejected to me. Why, none of us know.

The slander that he partied too much the night before is a despicable comment from the usual Stans who will throw everyone under the bus for their failure hero.
100% correct and accurate, across the board. Absolutely nothing to add.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Yet they all have issues with him. Hard to ignore the one major outlier you failed to identify. I have made up nothing. It's been well documented about his WR 1s having issues with Dak. For the record I have never been a fan of Dak. He is the same player he was in college and he fails to deliver in big games and when the pressure is on his shoulders. Go watch the Alabama game when he was at Miss St and listen to those announcers outline the same issues many of us have outlined since he was drafted. I don't care about his stats or the few times he has flashed. He doesn't have the makings of a true elite QB1 and never will. You want to support him fine, doesn't mean I need to. Dak is nothing more than an 8 year failed attempt at leading his team to a SB. It's well past time to move on imo. Dude can't even crack 100 yards passing in the first half of his playoff games. You do realize the panthers just put up 30 points against the great GB def just a few weeks ago. The same putrid Panthers offense that struggled to score more than 15 points all year.
It's so obvious to anyone looking at it without hero-worship eyes.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get over blaming Dak. They simply broke down what they saw wrong, by whom and how it needs to be fixed.
I have defended Dak all year long because he was playing well ....... what I saw Sunday was the same look he had last year in the playoffs at 49'rs

And you blamed CeeDee after he had the best year by a Cowboys receiver ever and claimed he was out partying when he played poorly in the playoffs.

Why is it OK for you to blame and make up ****** about CD but get mad when others blame Dak?

We have almost always gotten along man (except that one embarrassing time we both lost it) ....... but i just do not understand that specific double standard.

Staubacher

Reaction score
What's left that Dak needs? Over his career at varying times he has had:

Top Notch Oline

Strong Run Game

Legit 1 WRs

Good TE play from Witten to Ferguson

Ball hawking defenses setting him up.

Yet none of those things over EIGHT SEASONS has been enough to carry his sorry hiney to postseason success.

He needs to go. Stop throwing money at the biggest problem on the field.

I hope Lamb does go, to somewhere like KC. For his sake.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I have defended Dak all year long because he was playing well ....... what I saw Sunday was the same look he had last year in the playoffs at 49'rs

And you blamed CeeDee after he had the best year by a Cowboys receiver ever and claimed he was out partying when he played poorly in the playoffs.

Why is it OK for you to blame and make up ****** about CD but get mad when others blame Dak?

We have almost always gotten along man (except that one embarrassing time we both lost it) ....... but i just do not understand that specific double standard.
You don't understand why a petulant child acts like one?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well said.

It's a fact that Dak was not able to throw to the right guy. If it's not about 1 reads/seeing the field, then what was it?
He admitted they confused him. GB showed 1 look, changed at the snap and he wasn't prepared for that change.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It's so obvious to anyone looking at it without hero-worship eyes.
I posted in another link this week since Aikman this organization has had one clear problem. A lack of a legit QB1. This includes Romo, Dak, and all the other stop gaps. It's time for this organization to draft a QB in the first 2 rds, preferably the 1st round. They have failed miserably trying to "find" one another way. None of these QBs delivered when the game was on the line or in the playoffs. It has always ended with the same result.