Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I posted in another link this week since Aikman this organization has had one clear problem. A lack of a legit QB1. This includes Romo, Dak, and all the other stop gaps. It's time for this organization to draft a QB in the first 2 rds, preferably the 1st round. They have failed miserably trying to "find" one another way. None of these QBs delivered when the game was on the line or in the playoffs. It has always ended with the same result.
you look at the last 28 years and really think the biggest problem with this Franchise is the QB? again this is crazy, the problem is GLARINGLY bright and sticks out like a dislocated finger... if the only thing that changes is they go get a QB that you deem worthy prepare yourself to want to move on from said QB in a couple years....I'm sorry but it takes some real blinders to miss the problem this frnachise has now and has nhad for almost 30 years...

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Kurt Warner broke down Daks pick six. Double slant and poor route running by both cooks and lamb. Also broke down the Cowboys running the same exact routes every time they got into the red zone. Lamb was probably unhappy with the vanilla game plan, threw a tantrum, didn't put much effort into his routes that caused Dak to get on his case. And of course Lamb let's himself get punked and bullied by Jaire! Probably the reason why Dak started going to Gallup.

Proof

Reaction score
guy just set the single season Cowboys WR record catching passes from a 1 read stiff and this is how you do him?

There is literally no length you won't go to, to prop Dak up. C'mon man.
i'll never understand this type of logic. was he throwing to himself?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It was either something that happened pregame(gameplan?), or something totally unrelated to football.

There's no way one failed offensive drive could cause that poor body language from CD. If so, he was already looking for a reason to pout. I do not think that was the case.

Cmac

Reaction score
this...again its culture and its set by the Owner/GM which is why we watch groundhog day every year for 28 years...
I hear ya......but CeeDee definitely required some mirror looking too. And not for placement of the earrings. I'm sure he loved the stiff tossing balls his way at a high rate when things were going good.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Kurt Warner broke down Daks pick six. Double slant and poor route running by both cooks and lamb. Also broke down the Cowboys running the same exact routes every time they got into the red zone. Lamb was probably unhappy with the vanilla game plan, threw a tantrum, didn't put much effort into his routes that caused Dak to get on his case. And of course Lamb let's himself get punked and bullied by Jaire! Probably the reason why Dak started going to Gallup.
Yawn.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Clearly, moving on from Dak doesn't make the team better in the near term.

But continuing with Dak more than likely results in the same thing. He's not some young QB. He's an established QB at this point and often times, what you see is what you get at this point in QBs careers.

Some just want a different direction, even if that means a couple crap seasons. Why continue to just repeat things and get the same results? Every offseason, you guys say the same thing and then the season plays out, the results don't change and yet you come right back saying the same things.
There is a million things they could do on the offensive side of the ball that could mean bringing Dak back and not be repeating yourself.

Unless you are also going to commit to getting rid of CD, Micah, and whoever else and go full rebuild, moving on from Dak is dumb. There is 0 justification for it.

For the life of me, I can't decide why so many Cowboys fans want to do the same things that we've seen the Commanders do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we can always speculate and everyone's speculation (mine included) is going to be at least partially influenced by their perspective but the truth is, we'll probably never really know.

but he was clearly frustrated. There's no mistaking that.
they'll come out and say "man he's a competitor he's a great player we always like to talk to our players during the game!" it's never what REALLY happened lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stop bickering.
Sometimes sheet happens.
Maybe Dak was nervous or had too much adrenaline. Maybe same for CeeDee.
Maybe MM should've had a team yoga session to calm the nerves before the game.
:laugh:
maybe he was nervous last year, and had a year to get over it, or maybe he's too old to be nervous in big moments, maybe he's being paid TOO much to have jitters!!

Sydla

Reaction score
There is a million things they could do on the offensive side of the ball that could mean bringing Dak back and not be repeating yourself.

Unless you are also going to commit to getting rid of CD, Micah, and whoever else and go full rebuild, moving on from Dak is dumb. There is 0 justification for it.

For the life of me, I can't decide why so many Cowboys fans want to do the same things that we've seen the Commanders do.
A million things? Such as? I mean we've changed HCs, we've changed OCs, we tried the elite back, we tried the TB by committee, we tried an elite WR, we tried the WR by committee approach, we tried a wide open offense, we tried an offense tailored to Dak's strengths. He's been here 8 years, has had different schemes, different coaches, different offensive players. Results still are the same. At what point do you, Mac, say, "You know what, it's not working, we may need to new direction?"

Funny you bring up the Commanders. They and us haven't sniffed a NFCCG game in over 25 years each. But yeah, Jerry has got this. We should definitely stay the course.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that really what I'm doing? Really?

Players give mentors from early in their career credit all the time. It can work the other way too.
You are suggesting our best player copying a soft work ethic?

I dont believe it. But....
If true, it comes from the team NOW. If true no wonder.