Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

KDM256

Reaction score
It's been a couple games now, pretty much all Cowboys losses where a defensive coordinator brackets CD or gives him extra attention on the field, Lamb pouts and body language completely changes during the course of the game.

I expect that from Tolbert but not our #1 who Dak is still force feeding the ball too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL.

I've criticized the defense. I've ripped McCarthy for the loss. I am going to be wholly disappointed when Jerry meekly announces McCarthy is back as HC later this week or early next week.

I want McCarthy gone, I don't need Quinn around anymore (I certainly don't need Jerry considering him as a HC candidate) and I just need to move on from Dak. I am an equal opportunity criticizer.

This entire thing is broken. Jerry is the main reason but he's not going anywhere. The next in line should be a purge of the staff and the QB.
I'm guessing that this is an emotional response to losing. Either way, if all of that comes close to happening, Dallas isn't going to be competitive for awhile.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
If the defensive game plan is to double CD, then we can't force the ball to him. I understand he wants to get involved in the game early. Mike has to have designed plays to get him the ball.

The pick 6 looked like Dak was forcing it to him. CD had like 9 catches on 18 targets. If you look at the other receivers they all had a high completion percentage.

Gallup 6 for 6
Ferguson 10 for 12
Cooks 6 for 8

Defense game plan. Take CD out of the game and watch him and Dallas have a melt down.

Check Mate.
Sounds simple. I wonder why nobody else thought of this along the way this year while Cee Dee had an all time Cowboys record season.

Or was it, the moment was too big for the guy with the ball in his hands?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the defensive game plan is to double CD, then we can't force the ball to him. I understand he wants to get involved in the game early. Mike has to have designed plays to get him the ball.

The pick 6 looked like Dak was forcing it to him. CD had like 9 catches on 18 targets. If you look at the other receivers they all had a high completion percentage.

Gallup 6 for 6
Ferguson 10 for 12
Cooks 6 for 8

Defense game plan. Take CD out of the game and watch him and Dallas have a melt down.

Check Mate.
He most certainly did throw that ball because CeeDee was mad.

Dak was like...okay you want it,here you go bruh.

sbark

Reaction score
Daks internal clock goes to alarm mode when his 1st reads are taken away....
Classic was when Fergy came open on longer route than CD both on left side.
THey took CD away right away, dak alarm went off, he rolled right at snails pace, got sacked.
Rally hats came off lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
They all was bad, period
exactly we can stop all this arguing in here and just agree the team didn't show up and fight they didn't play hard the coaches didn't bring a good game plan in they didn't execute.... It is what it is we lost the game there wasn't really anything positive you could take from the game... Getting into these big debates and fights online and it always seems to start with the quarterback there wasn't a chance we're winning this game it would have turned into the Seattle game if our offense did show up and play better but I think we would have lost the game regardless it it was one of those games where we were gonna lose because the defense wasn't gonna make a single stop that mattered when it mattered the game was gonna get out of control and too far behind to make a comeback... So yes the entire team laid an egg and we have to deal with it and hopefully big changes are being made especially with the coaching staff anybody who doesn't want Prescott here is probably gonna have to live with him at least one more year and Jerry Jones didn't sell the team so all these posts about the front office the GM and Prescott are useless they're gonna probably be here but we could talk about the rest of it...

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is an emotional response to losing. Either way, if all of that comes close to happening, Dallas isn't going to be competitive for awhile.
It's not emotional. I have actually be quite clear on this for awhile. WillieBeaman and others can back me on this.

I said two months ago if this team gets bounced early, AGAIN, from the playoffs, there is no reason to just keep running this thing back to just get the same results over and over and over. How much evidence do you need? I was clear that if they lost early again, I'd want McCarthy out and that you can't justify extending Dak and handcuffing the franchise to him for 3-4 more years.

It's not emotional. It's simple analysis. This team, under McCarthy and Dak, tend to not show up in big games. I did a quick look and when you look at our peers - the 49ers and Eagles I think most would agree are our NFC peers. The 49ers were 5-3 against playoff teams this year. Philly, even with their massive collapse, were 6-3 against playoff teams. Cowboys? 3-5. If you look at the last 3 years, the Cowboys have a losing record against playoff teams, the 49ers and Eagles have winning records. McCarthy, for all the praising some want to heap on him, has not done anything in terms of postseason success that Garrett hadn't also done. And remember, Jerry brought McCarthy in here to be better than Garrett. But like Garrett, McCarthy has flamed out early in the playoffs for three straight years now.

So blow it up. I'll take a few down years to try to build it back up. The notion a team can't be competitive for awhile isn't based in reality given we have seen a few teams make quick turnarounds. Philly won a SB, tore down an old team, traded away their "franchise" QB, fired their SB winning coach in 2020 after a bad season and two years later, they were back in the SB.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But, but, but. he's an EVERY day #1 who can be counted on every game....that's what people tell me. Nothing wrong with being a 1 1/2
Ceedee is a #1. Very obviously one of the best 3 or 4 wideouts in the NFL to anyone that has got eyes.

Our offensive coaching staff (and potentially QB) were clearly driving him up the wall during the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's not emotional. I have actually be quite clear on this for awhile. WillieBeaman and others can back me on this.

I said two months ago if this team gets bounced early, AGAIN, from the playoffs, there is no reason to just keep running this thing back to just get the same results over and over and over. How much evidence do you need? I was clear that if they lost early again, I'd want McCarthy out and that you can't justify extending Dak and handcuffing the franchise to him for 3-4 more years.

It's not emotional. It's simple analysis. This team, under McCarthy and Dak, tend to not show up in big games. I did a quick look and when you look at our peers - the 49ers and Eagles I think most would agree are our NFC peers. The 49ers were 5-3 against playoff teams this year. Philly, even with their massive collapse, were 6-3 against playoff teams. Cowboys? 3-5. If you look at the last 3 years, the Cowboys have a losing record against playoff teams, the 49ers and Eagles have winning records. McCarthy, for all the praising some want to heap on him, has not done anything in terms of postseason success that Garrett hadn't also done. And remember, Jerry brought McCarthy in here to be better than Garrett. But like Garrett, McCarthy has flamed out early in the playoffs for three straight years now.

So blow it up. I'll take a few down years to try to build it back up. The notion a team can't be competitive for awhile isn't based in reality given we have seen a few teams make quick turnarounds. Philly won a SB, tore down an old team, traded away their "franchise" QB, fired their SB winning coach in 2020 after a bad season and two years later, they were back in the SB.
I just disagree and know it's not a realistic option, even though you made your statement months ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just disagree and know it's not a realistic option, even though you made your statement months ago.
It's not unrealistic if our owner/GM was competent and understood the HC isn't good enough and the QB simply has had multiple opportunities to perform well in big games but often hasn't.

He should know better from the Garrett years but unfortunately he's stubborn and arrogant. I have little doubt the next 2-3 years will be pretty much like the previous few years if Jerry simply runs it back, like it appears he's going to do, albeit with a new DC most likely. He'll make McCarthy coach on the last year of his deal like he did to Garrett multiple times, thinking it will motivate him to be better. He'll extend Dak. We'll nibble on the edges in FA like we always do. We'll play the 2024 season with a flawed roster, likely still light at DT or LB. We'll win 9-10-11 games because we'll beat the dregs on our roster but largely get exposed again by the good teams. We'll get bounced from the playoffs early again and then we will all realize Jerry threw away another season due to his own hubris.

I've got years of history/evidence to back up this though process.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I thought the same thing after the week 17 Dak poll following the Commanders game.
Thankfully, they appear to have figured it out since then.
People who want to move on from Dak after this year because they think it makes the team better - or who think he is a 1-read QB - are the stupid ones.