News: DMN: Adam Schefter: I think RG3 is gonna be in play for Cowboys

visionary

Reaction score
Our scheme is not the right scheme for ANY QB. Does anyone realize that even Romo only has ONE winning season under Garrett???

That is only because Garrett inherited a crap team, that had gone 13-3 the year before, and had to completely rebuild it. The roster was so bad that it has taken 6 years for a great proven stacker like Garrett to get the team to 4-12 from 13-3

Frozen700

Reaction score
Be one of the most productive players in the entire league at the most difficult position in professional sports?

Pretty stats? lol. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly off-base you are on Tony Romo, Frozen. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and that's fine, but we're way past the point where we ought to be seriously debating whether or not Tony Romo is a talented QB. That question was answered emphatically years ago. If you don't get it, you're not ever going to.

Now, his injury questions are another matter. I don't buy that he's done because of a collar bone break, either, but between that and the back injuries, at least you have an argument there that it's possible.

I never said he wasn't talented. Just the fact he hasn't been able to take us anywhere really.

Now his injuries are catching up. Not a good look

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said he wasn't talented. Just the fact he hasn't been able to take us anywhere really.

Now his injuries are catching up. Not a good look

He's done exactly what could reasonably be expected of him. When we haven't gone anywhere, it's been because of other players on the team with him. Primarily, those players play defense.

It's early to say if injuries have caught up or not. They may have. By and large, he's had bone-breaking problems, though, which aren't normally all that age-related. If his arm were slowing down or he'd lost his elusiveness, I'd be more concerned. Either way, you're right that we need to handicap him with a developmental QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's done exactly what could reasonably be expected of him. When we haven't gone anywhere, it's been because of other players on the team with him. Primarily, those players play defense.

It's early to say if injuries have caught up or not. They may have. By and large, he's had bone-breaking problems, though, which aren't normally all that age-related. If his arm were slowing down or he'd lost his elusiveness, I'd be more concerned. Either way, you're right that we need to handicap him with a developmental QB.

At what level that is attempted, remains to be seen...and this off season is about to explode into our laps.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Yes. The time to get a QB is now.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Adam Schefter: Let's just say you sign RG3 during the offseason, you solidify the quarterback position.

LMAO!!!! Is he serious?

Really. Is he serious?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

For the most part I agree. But Romo has lost some pretty important games on his mistakes, and only his, in Brett Favre style. All QBs have. But some mistakes really stand out. I think the drop in Seattle stands out and throwing the ball for what would've been a short game anyway on 3rd and 13 , on our own 20 yard line with seconds or less then a few minutes left, against the Commanders a few years ago, stick out for me. Romo , while he has been great(one of my favs), and should be credited for being great, should not get a pass for those mistakes. I think he has even admitted that.

The debate will rage about T Romo for a long long time. But, he hasn't won. He hasn't won anything significant. Blame it on whatever you want.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
If RGIII does come to dallas maybe we should start on the over and under on how many games each ROMO/ RGIII plays before an MRI is necessary.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
For the most part I agree. But Romo has lost some pretty important games on his mistakes, and only his, in Brett Favre style. All QBs have. But some mistakes really stand out. I think the drop in Seattle stands out and throwing the ball for what would've been a short game anyway on 3rd and 13 , on our own 20 yard line with seconds or less then a few minutes left, against the Commanders a few years ago, stick out for me. Romo , while he has been great(one of my favs), and should be credited for being great, should not get a pass for those mistakes. I think he has even admitted that.

The debate will rage about T Romo for a long long time. But, he hasn't won. He hasn't won anything significant. Blame it on whatever you want.

I was thinking about this even more.

Maybe the debate should be framed. "The most talented QB to never appear in a Championship game? "