DMN.COM (Archer) Commanders spending freely again, but how?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I wouldn't say anything. He's a reporter. He can say whatever he wants. He has NO TIES to the team, so your dismay at his accurate description of what these methods have won, is misplaced.

you wouldnt say anything? if someone posted a link with this story on this board, and you post here more than i do, and you wouldnt say anything?

then i can do a search and see if you've even taken issue with anything any reprter says about dallas, and i'll find nothing.

ok..

i'll be back later tonight....

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
riggo said:
all fans are sensitive. i've read plenty of thread about dallas fans thinking there is a media bias against them

but the reporters comment doesnt make me mad or even annoyed. he's right- we do only have one playoff win in 6 years.

i was only pointing out the irony.

The only irony here is in your mind.

This is not about anything but the way your team does business.

And the net results.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TwoDeep3 said:
And yet even some Commander fans are starting to make humorous comments about winning the March Super Bowl every year.

Wonder where that notion came from?

Because you guys always seem to make a big splash in this area.

Not just this year.

But every year since Danny boy has bought your team.

How you can ignore that as a fact and yet point out just this year solely, when the article was suggesting the theory behind your moves has a price to pay for sustained behavior as your team exhibits, is puzzling.

Then you factor in that Commander fans in general have a chip on their shoulder and think the world is after them.

Then you understand the resistance to this article in this thread by...

THEM!

Funny thing is the one year that they did not go wild and crazy, compared to other years under Danny, was last year and the year that they did the best.

It was funny about how some skins fans were leading the masses of other skins fans prior to the CBA getting done, how they were reporting that they would be BETTER off if the CBA did not get done because of this or that.

But now that the CBA did get done and danny went on another spending spree they are happy and changed course in what is best for the team.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
So if a Patriots beat writer would say the same thing you would not whine about it?

of course not. the patriots have won. that's my point. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
riggo said:
all fans are sensitive. i've read plenty of thread about dallas fans thinking there is a media bias against them

but the reporters comment doesnt make me mad or even annoyed. he's right- we do only have one playoff win in 6 years.

And for the most part, maybe not all, I find it just as irritating to see cowboys fans whine and complain about dallas bias in the media.

Any time someone farts on ESPN and says anything about the boys someone has to put on the tin foil hat and try to say the world is after the cowboys.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
riggo said:

hey Riggo, just curious. How much money do you guys have left now to spend ?

How much are you comitted for in salary next year ? Any ideas ?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
On the other hand, since Jerry Jones bought the team, Dallas has won 3 Super Bowls.

If we are going to compare oranges to oranges, let's do exactly that.

comparing teams playoff wins the past 6 years is comparing apples to oranges?

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He is basically playing George Steinbrenner but without the titles to show for it.

Using riggo logic, all beat writers from the Washington post would be precluded from criticizing Steinbrenner.....must be some new rule.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
riggo said:

You have no point since this is not about other teams winning.

It is about your spending and what it has wrought.

Unless, of course, you were speaking about your head.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
riggo said:

But the truth was still there so in the end it really makes no difference.

It just seems like a way to whine on a cowboys message board to me when it is all boiled down.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv said:
hey Riggo, just curious. How much money do you guys have left now to spend ?

How much are you comitted for in salary next year ? Any ideas ?

no. i'm sure gibbs knows.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
you wouldnt say anything? if someone posted a link with this story on this board, and you post here more than i do, and you wouldnt say anything?

then i can do a search and see if you've even taken issue with anything any reprter says about dallas, and i'll find nothing.

ok..

i'll be back later tonight....

Go ahead. Search away. Find me one instance of me criticizing a reporters comment because of GEOGRAPHY.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
two deep, brain paint,

i acknowledged that the comment was indeed accurate.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Jarv said:
You guys need an AdamJT...

They have one, Jarv.

img8194848.jpg

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Go ahead. Search away. Find me one instance of me criticizing a reporters comment because of GEOGRAPHY.

way to qualify it.

thats not what you said. you said 'i wouldnt say anything. hes a reporter. he can say what he wants.'

backtrack.

i'll be back...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
riggo said:
two deep, brain paint,

i acknowledged that the comment was indeed accurate.

And I acknowledged that you were just whining. :D

Sometimes you just need to cut your losses and move on. :)

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
way to qualify it.

thats not what you said. you said 'i wouldnt say anything. hes a reporter. he can say what he wants.'

backtrack.

i'll be back...

What were we talking about, genius? Reporters having to regulate what they say based on geography. It's not qualifying it at all. You're out of your mind. Of course reporters say stupid stuff sometimes. You're basing your evaluation of the intelligence of his comment on FREAKING GEOGRAPHY.

TheHustler

Reaction score
riggo said:
it is certainly true, but when that win just happened last year means that the Commanders are onto something.

the dumbest part of the comment is that, since snyder has bought the team, dallas has zero playoff wins. ripping another team when your own cupboard is bare is pretty silly.

he has to know that.

It takes more than one time to indicate a trend.

kmd24

Reaction score
riggo said:

There is no irony. You are simply missing the point.

The article has nothing to do with whose strategy is better. It has to do with an old perception that renegotiating contracts to move SC dollars to future years is an effort to win big in the short term by potentially creating a problem down the road. The number of playoff wins amassed by the Cowboys or any other team besides the Commanders is irrelevant to the point.

The writer is simply arguing that, during the hypothetical window that is created by renegotiating, the Commanders have accomplished little (one playoff win), and that they will soon be forced to wreck the roster when all the prorated signing bonuses pile up in a given future year.

There are plenty of GOOD arguments against what this writer has said, but none of them have anything to do with how many playoff wins the Cowboys have since 1999. The Cowboys already spent their time in salary cap purgatory (with three Superbowl victories to show for it), and now everyone thinks it's the Commanders' turn (with one playoff victory to show for it).

Whether the Skins have or will ever spend any time in SC purgatory remains to be debated. The Skins have lost some important pieces of their team in the last couple of years, but my Commanders friends all assure me the team didn't want those guys anyway.