DMN.COM (Archer) Commanders spending freely again, but how?

SkinRamon

Reaction score
DBoys said:
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]But remember this: All it has gotten the Commanders is one playoff victory since Snyder bought the team in 1999.

E-mail tarcher@***BANNED-URL***
Actually we beat the Lions in the Wild Card round of 1999 AND beat the Bucs this year so that makes two. But who gives a damn, it's all about the Super Bowl. There are 31 losers every year.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
is that a 'yes' or an 'i dont know'?

It's a yes. Feel free to continue to nit-pick word use, though. He's a reporter, journalist, commentator, whatever you want. No matter the word choice, you don't look any less foolish.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SkinRamon said:
Actually we beat the Lions in the Wild Card round of 1999 AND beat the Bucs this year so that makes two. But who gives a damn, it's all about the Super Bowl. There are 31 losers every year.

Evidently you have not read all of the thread.This is about the way Snyder does business.

He was not in control of the cap in 1999, thus negating your correction.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
the cowboys domination of the skins is, in fact, pointed out in every article i have ever read about any skins/cowboys game, let alone any article i have read about the sweep.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/18/AR2005121800345.html

Absolutely no mention of any domination, or previous streak of sweeps on the part of Dallas. Only this;

The Commanders swept the season series with Dallas for the first time since 1995 and posted their biggest margin of victory ever over the Cowboys, clinching a playoff tiebreaker in the process.

No mention at all of the previous domination, just that it was their first sweep in 11 years. No mention at all of the prior domination, and certinaly no mention of our 5 super bowls, total series domination, etc... Amazing.It seems Jason La Canfora should be derided as dumb for not making mention of that crucially important piece of information.

You get more and more wrong all the time.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Riggo we now expect you to mention our dominance of the Skins ANYTIME you mention last season games.

i'm not a columnist.

I am also waiting for the luist of players drafted by your team that starts for your team.

I imagine you will keep avoiding my posts because they make you look silly.

I will be back in an hour or so I doubt I will have my answers

i think this is what you are looking for, http://www.drafthistory.com/articles/article55.html
although it only lists 1999-2003. the skins are ahead of the boys in every category in terms of draft success. but dont feel bad. i was only pointing out that the boys have many starters that they signed as FA's, its not just the skins that sign lots of FA's.

i'm sorry you think your posts make me look silly. but then, i dont need to insult people on message boards to boost my self esteem.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
It's a yes. Feel free to continue to nit-pick word use, though. He's a reporter, journalist, commentator, whatever you want. No matter the word choice, you don't look any less foolish.

good. there is a difference. reporters report, columnists give opinions.

so, i'm not just disagreeing with a factual report. although he was wrong about the skins # of playoff victories since snyder bought the team, his commentary was humorous- in my opinion- because he left out the poor record of the team he covers.

Pokes28

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Here's the list of starters;

Rogers
Taylor
Dockery
Runyan
Samuels
Cooley

I'm assuming you mean Jansen not Runyan. But that list is pretty dead on with expected starters for next year. Maybe one or two more, but that is about it.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/18/AR2005121800345.html

Absolutely no mention of any domination, or previous streak of sweeps on the part of Dallas. Only this;

The Commanders swept the season series with Dallas for the first time since 1995 and posted their biggest margin of victory ever over the Cowboys, clinching a playoff tiebreaker in the process.

No mention at all of the previous domination, just that it was their first sweep in 11 years. No mention at all of the prior domination, and certinaly no mention of our 5 super bowls, total series domination, etc... Amazing.It seems Jason La Canfora should be derided as dumb for not making mention of that crucially important piece of information.

You get more and more wrong all the time.

what is pointing out that the skins have not swept the boys for 10 years and "Washington has matched its season high with three straight wins -- recovering from a 2-6 stretch -- and is 3-1 in the NFC East after going 3-15 against divisional foes over the previous three seasons."

:confused:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
I'm assuming you mean Jansen not Runyan. But that list is pretty dead on with expected starters for next year. Maybe one or two more, but that is about it.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

thank you for correcting superpunk.

runyan? and you take issue with my posts?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
i'm not a columnist.

Doesnt matter. Archer is not a Cowboys fan and yet you feel the Cowboys were somehow relevant to the story.

i think this is what you are looking for, http://www.drafthistory.com/articles/article55.html
although it only lists 1999-2003. the skins are ahead of the boys in every category in terms of draft success. but dont feel bad. i was only pointing out that the boys have many starters that they signed as FA's, its not just the skins that sign lots of FA's.

LMAO wait wait so we are only counting a few drafts? I have shown exact players we drafted that start for us, you on the other hand have to find some list that doesnt count all the players? hahahahaha

Cowboys even with their horrible drafts of the 2000-2001 era still have more drafted starters than the Skins, and not just a couple more, about double the amount. To say the Commanders are even close in terms of draft success is laughable at best

i'm sorry you think your posts make me look silly. but then, i dont need to insult people on message boards to boost my self esteem.

Actually you're right your posts make you look more silly than anything anyone else could say. Instead of a rebel without a cause, your a troll without a clue.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
good. there is a difference. reporters report, columnists give opinions.

so, i'm not just disagreeing with a factual report. although he was wrong about the skins # of playoff victories since snyder bought the team, his commentary was humorous- in my opinion- because he left out the poor record of the team he covers.

You criticized his fact as dumb because he didn't mention irrelevant information that you wanted to see, because it makes your own teams futility look a little less futile.

superpunk

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

My bad, thanks for the correction. Not sure why i had Runyan on the brain.:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
riggo said:
thank you for correcting superpunk.

runyan? and you take issue with my posts?
There's a difference between an honest mistake and a silly post.

Todd Archer is not a Cowboy and how he does his job has nothing to do with the success or lack thereof related to the Dallas Cowboys. He is not a Cowboy fan mocking the Commanders measly playoff win.

He's a reporter noting Snyder again spent big money but the odds for success when he spends big money have been infintesimally small.

He didn't mention Dallas bein superior to Washington and he has every right to point out the obvious fact Snyder's money hasn't bought him NFL happiness.

Snyder did finally hire a real coach and has followed that by investing majorly in other staff yet he still acts a petulant child with talent and refuses to build through the draft where every recent Super Bowl champion has. Thats because he won't invest in a GM.

SEA? Look at their list of draftees including Walter Jones, Hutchinson, Alexander and many others.

PITT? Do they even bother adding more than 2 free agents a season?

NE, Carolina et al have built by adding great talent in the draft.

The reason Dallas and Wash have been bereft of winning the past decade is neither team could draft. Its why the Eags spent 5 years owning the division. But the Eags drafting went south and now they are mediocre, Dallas has begun to improve because the drafting has the past 3 seasons. All the while Washington still tries to buy guys in cash and draft picks with 3 or 4 years experience that someone else didn't think was worth paying big money too.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
what is pointing out that the skins have not swept the boys for 10 years and "Washington has matched its season high with three straight wins -- recovering from a 2-6 stretch -- and is 3-1 in the NFC East after going 3-15 against divisional foes over the previous three seasons."

:confused:

And on, and on, you dance. Absolutely no mention of DALLAS previous domination. Only the Skins previous records, and streaks against divisional foes. Dance puppet, dance....

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Doesnt matter. Archer is not a Cowboys fan and yet you feel the Cowboys were somehow relevant to the story.

didnt say he was a fan. i said he was a DMN columnist.

LMAO wait wait so we are only counting a few drafts? I have shown exact players we drafted that start for us, you on the other hand have to find some list that doesnt count all the players? hahahahaha

then you have all the players?

Cowboys even with their horrible drafts of the 2000-2001 era still have more drafted starters than the Skins, and not just a couple more, about double the amount. To say the Commanders are even close in terms of draft success is laughable at best

the skins drafted better between 99 and 03. was that a surprise to you?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
There's a difference between an honest mistake and a silly post.

i dont think that pointing out dallas' lack of playoff wins is silly. i think its hilarious.

if you really want to talk about the Commanders and snyders spending habits and the skins lack of post season success, one should look at the coaches the skins have had over that span. the coaching has been abysmal. rip snyder for hiring spurrier and schotty. if archer wants to talk about the skins lack of wins, start with the coaching, not the spending. thats just lazy 'reporting'.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
didnt say he was a fan. i said he was a DMN columnist.

Then why is he is not a Cowboys fan, and the story had nothing to do with the Cowboys was he supposed to mention something that did not belong in the story?

then you have all the players?

the skins drafted better between 99 and 03. was that a surprise to you

I notice you are doing a big jog around the facts of the debate. Looking at the current teams who has more starters they drafted, and whose team is better at drafting as witnessed by the amount of starters they have from the draft.

Dont dodge the question answer it clearly

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I notice you are doing a big jog around the facts of the debate. Looking at the current teams who has more starters they drafted, and whose team is better at drafting as witnessed by the amount of starters they have from the draft.

Dont dodge the question answer it clearly

whos dodging?

i asked you for a list of players when you made a claim that dallas drafted better.

where's the list?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Just for fun I am gonna look at the 1998-2003 drafts and see who has more players from them

Dallas has 8 players from these drafts still on the team (Dat retired or it would be 9)

6 of those 8 are starters (7 if you count Ellis)

3 of those are pro bowlers

Now for Washington

7 players

1 is a kicker

2 are backup RBs Betts and Cartwright

2 OT Jansen, Samuels

1 WR (Taylor Jacobs)

1 Guard Dockery

So 3 starters and 1 pro bowler for Washington

Compared to 6 starters and 3 pro bowlers for Dallas

yup sure kicked *** there huh lol

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
riggo said:
whos dodging?

i asked you for a list of players when you made a claim that dallas drafted better.

where's the list?

I made a list of players Dallas drafted starting for us 3 pages or so ago, you ducked it totally.

Julius Jones
Lousaka Polite
Jason Witten
Al Johnson
Flozell Adams
Patrick Crayton
Marcus Spears
Chris Canty
Demarcus Ware
Keith Davis
Roy Williams
Terrence Newman
Bradie James

There is 13 starters off the top of my head, now list Washingtons players they drafted that now start