Do you care if we resign Dak?

stiletto

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder if someone didn’t hijack your account because you used to be much better than this. You’ve become no different than some of the others I’ve been wasting time with.
By better you mean, defended Dak better. Yeah I did, probably too long. I denied some evidence but after the GB it's obvious we'll never get to, much less win a Super Bowl with him. He's had almost a decade of chances. The goal is to win the SB and the analysis strongly points to needing another QB to ever have a chance to get there regardless of the other reasons you like to spout. Now for people like you who are OK with being better than Washington because it gives you good "feels", then by all means, go on...Post some photos of the "Regular Season Winner Parade" next time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Burrow type situation you do realize Dak was a 4th rounder and Romo was undrafted!
Well yeah another option is to count on that happening again.

Romo was found by Payton and sat for three years. That’s out.

Prescott had an elite OL and RB from go. Once they put it more of it on his arm……

Yeah they were great finds and allowed Jerry to keep his charade going for almost 20 years. In the end, neither QB could find their way to a divisional playoff win.

Now it’s going to get tough to be an NFL GM. Let’s see how that goes.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not ambivalent at all. I absolutely want change.

You can't be afraid to move on when you have 8 years of first hand knowledge. In another thread I posted all the QB's who came off the bench last year and won games. The NFL is so watered down right now that if you roster as a whole is average or above, you are going to win some games regardless of QB. Certainly, there are no guarantees but it's pointless to keep running back it back when the player at the most important position has proven he's not a big moment player. When you add in the financial factor of further committing to the player, it's just lunacy to not to seek a fresh start.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I honestly don't care about his salary if they resign him. And I wouldn't blame him for not giving the team (Jerry) a discount. From his perspective this would be a stupid thing to do. Because this team won't reach a Superbowl either way.

So with that out of the question it's just about whether they do resign him or not. I'd prefer the latter. Let him play out his contract and hit free agency next year. I guess he won't waive his ntc so getting something in return is out of the question.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
By better you mean, defended Dak better. Yeah I did, probably too long. I denied some evidence but after the GB it's obvious we'll never get to, much less win a Super Bowl with him. He's had almost a decade of chances. The goal is to win the SB and the analysis strongly points to needing another QB to ever have a chance to get there regardless of the other reasons you like to spout. Now for people like you who are OK with being better than Washington because it gives you good "feels", then by all means, go on...Post some photos of the "Regular Season Winner Parade" next time.
You used to make a lot more sense. You don’t like or support Dak. I get that and have no problem with it. That’s your opinion and you’re not alone, but when you say we’re no better than Washington because we’re not advancing in the playoffs or reaching the Super Bowl, that’s where you’re missing the mark big time. That’s a big whiff on your part.

stiletto

Reaction score
If you consider every season a failure because you didn’t reach or win the Super Bowl, then there’s 30 teams that are failing every year. You have to take some satisfaction in winning your division and making the playoffs consistently each year. If you see no difference between the Cowboys and a team that’s suffering losing seasons every year then I feel sorry for you.
No team's goal should be just to win their division. Even a rebuilding team. I just think that's a loser mentality and I think failure is not black/white as far as winning the SB depending on the teams status. If you can see your team obviously getting better and building something then its not an abject failure so to speak. The ultimate goal wasn't met but as a fan you know there is future hope.

With Dak, Elvis has left the building pretty much. He peaked and without replacing him, no way this team goes farther even with a better defense that you like to cry about... Dak has already proven that doesn't matter either. It's on tape against the 49ers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nope I honestly don’t care. I’m almost ambivalent to anything Cowboys these days. Same old crap year after year.
I am.with you. I have not excited about this season at all. Not sure when camp starts neither care this year. Will not be planning my Sundays around Cowboys games. Don't care if we winnor lose.

Regardless of what happens, there will be a spin by Jerry.

Jerry and Stephen have deflated my passion about the team. Dak will be gone. Some excuse given. CD may or may not be signed. Some excuse will be given. Parsons may or may not be extended. Some excuse will be given. Coach will be gone, some excuse will be given.

Same old same old from jonses. Nothing will change.

stiletto

Reaction score
You used to make a lot more sense. You don’t like or support Dak. I get that and have no problem with it. That’s your opinion and you’re not alone, but when you say we’re no better than Washington because we’re not advancing in the playoffs or reaching the Super Bowl, that’s where you’re missing the mark big time. That’s a big whiff on your part.
I don't think so, we just have different standards. No one cares about Dallas' division wins and regular season winning except to "make fun of it" because they can't win in the playoffs. It's actually more embarrassing than Washington in some ways but I know you don't get it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No team's goal should be just to win their division. Even a rebuilding team. I just think that's a loser mentality and I think failure is not black/white as far as winning the SB depending on the teams status. If you can see your team obviously getting better and building something then its not an abject failure so to speak. The ultimate goal wasn't met but as a fan you know there is future hope.

With Dak, Elvis has left the building pretty much. He peaked and without replacing him, no way this team goes farther even with a better defense that you like to cry about... Dak has already proven that doesn't matter either. It's on tape against the 49ers.
Winning the division is the first step. You can’t be looking past that. You can’t be looking ahead to the playoffs before you’ve even made them. Again, you’re going back to Dak. I told you we’ve exhausted it. It’s become tougher to get through to you these days.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think so, we just have different standards. No one cares about Dallas' division wins and regular season winning except to "make fun of it" because they can't win in the playoffs. It's actually more embarrassing than Washington in some ways but I know you don't get it.
You’re wrong. I have very high standards for the team but I’m not going to crap on every season because we didn’t get far in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. I’m certainly not going to compare the Cowboys to the teams that didn’t make the playoffs and had losing records.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not ambivalent at all. I absolutely want change.

You can't be afraid to move on when you have 8 years of first hand knowledge. In another thread I posted all the QB's who came off the bench last year and won games. The NFL is so watered down right now that if you roster as a whole is average or above, you are going to win some games regardless of QB. Certainly, there are no guarantees but it's pointless to keep running back it back when the player at the most important position has proven he's not a big moment player. When you add in the financial factor of further committing to the player, it's just lunacy to not to seek a fresh start.
Nah, the Cowboys don't need a fresh start, Garrett was here for 10 years so give Dak a chance for at least 4 or 5 more years, he is the only one that can keep the Cowboys around "the rim".

Hadenough

Reaction score
You just said QB’s are hard to find. Picking in the top of the draft doesn’t guarantee you’re going to end up with some real talent at the QB position. Just look at all the top five QBs that have gone bust the past few years.
Yes and that's why you need to pick early in the draft to find a good one like Burrows or Allen. Let's face it, The majority of QBs that are winning super bowls are first-round picks. It takes pedigree to beat pedigree!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Nah, the Cowboys don't need a fresh start, Garrett was here for 10 years so give Dak a chance for at least 4 or 5 more years, he is the only one that can keep the Cowboys around "the rim".
Would that be the rim of a toilet?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would that be the rim of a toilet?
Yeah, a dirty one at that. But, it's not Dak's fault he screws the pooch, it's those other loser teammates that don't help him, and I feel so sorry for Dak...pay the dude.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes and that's why you need to pick early in the draft to find a good one like Burrows or Allen. Let's face it, The majority of QBs that are winning super bowls are first-round picks. It takes pedigree to beat pedigree!
There’s no guarantee that you’re going to find a good QB if you pick early. By the way, neither Joe Burrow or Josh Allen has won a championship since entering the league. Burrow had a chance to win a Super Bowl, but couldn’t get it done on the last ditch drive. He’s been injury prone. He’s missed a lot of games and his seasons have been up and down. What has Josh Allen done? He has a 500 playoff record and turns the ball over a lot. A lot of fans in Buffalo are getting frustrated with him. If he was our QB a number of fans would be bashing him. This fan base wouldn’t be happy with any QB.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
No one in their right mind would rather miss the playoffs then go.
If you know that you won't get anywhere in those playoffs (like we ALL already do) then you are wasting your time, and you are also limited to 2 dimensional thinking. A bad season or two can turn a team into a dynasty from the good picks. I'd rather take my chances on that than keep on a guaranteed loser's path.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s no guarantee that you’re going to find a good QB if you pick early. By the way, neither Joe Burrow or Josh Allen has won a championship since entering the league. Burrow had a chance to win a Super Bowl, but couldn’t get it done on the last ditch drive. He’s been injury prone. He’s missed a lot of games and his seasons have been up and down. What has Josh Allen done? He has a 500 playoff record and turns the ball over a lot. A lot of fans in Buffalo are getting frustrated with him. If he was our QB a number of fans would be bashing him. This fan base wouldn’t be happy with any QB.
There is no guarantee that you won't find a legit QB either, there are two sides to a coin.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you know that you won't get anywhere in those playoffs (like we ALL already do) then you are wasting your time, and you are also limited to 2 dimensional thinking. A bad season or two can turn a team into a dynasty from the good picks. I'd rather take my chances on that than keep on a guaranteed loser's path.
I don’t know that. I don’t know where this team can go they can go. And when has a bad season or two turned a team into a Dynasty? :laugh:
I get it you are being the pessimistic fan to protect yourself from heartbreak. But a competitor doesn’t go into a season with that losing mentality of a attitude.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Did either of those get their teams to the conference championship game? SuperBowl? And let's not forget both of those guys are navigating a much more difficult conference to get to those levels.

No one questions Burrow's abilities though. Does Josh sometimes turn the ball over more than you would like? Sure. Does he make plays with his arm & legs that few if any other QB make? Yes.

I'll take my chances any day with proven QB talent & try to put enough around them.

stiletto

Reaction score
You’re wrong. I have very high standards for the team but I’m not going to crap on every season because we didn’t get far in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. I’m certainly not going to compare the Cowboys to the teams that didn’t make the playoffs and had losing records.
For me it is about direction of the team and if it is on the up and up. If we were developing a QB that was improving (I felt that way about Dak the first couple years), then that's a lot different than running it back with a guy you know pee's down his leg when the lights get bright. There's a difference for me. It's not black and white. 12-5 is not always better than 7-9 if the team is evolving and there is no ceiling in sight.

The current Cowboys have hit the ceiling HARD. It's not going to get better. 12-5 is just an empty "feel good" thing at this point. Approaching the definition of insanity by expecting different results with the same people.