Do you care if we resign Dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did either of those get their teams to the conference championship game? SuperBowl?
Burrow got to a Super Bowl and when he had a chance to win it in the end, he couldn’t do it. He would’ve gotten persecuted by this fan base if he was our QB. He hasn’t gotten back to a Super Bowl since or even played a full season. Allen got the Bills to the conference title game and came up empty. He hasn’t gotten back there since. He has as many playoff losses as Dak and he turns the ball over a lot. This fan base would be complaining about him and you know it. Troy Aikman got bashed by this fan base when we stopped winning Super Bowls.

stiletto

Reaction score
Burrow got to a Super Bowl and when he had a chance to win it in the end, he couldn’t do it. He would’ve gotten persecuted by this fan base if he was our QB. He hasn’t gotten back to a Super Bowl since or even played a full season. Allen got the Bills to the conference title game and came up empty. He hasn’t gotten back there since. He has as many playoff losses as Dak and he turns the ball over a lot. This fan base would be complaining about him and you know it.
I think you just proved his point. Burrow and Allen have to get by Mahomes led teams to even sniff the SB. Mahomes has done alright, he was a 1st rounder.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think you just proved his point. Burrow and Allen have to get by Mahomes led teams to even sniff the SB. Mahomes has done alright, he was a 1st rounder.
You think that excuse would fly with this fan base? lol This fan base would be complaining that we need to draft a QB that can get past Mahomes. Mahomes is the only QB that was drafted since Dak was drafted who’s won a Super Bowl.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ambivalent, Dallas has definitely not been washington. That being said better to be good enough to get to the playoffs and seeing what happens is better than sitting at home waiting for the next year to see what happens. I just do not think any player is worth the money being thrown around.

leeblair

Reaction score
Nope I honestly don’t care. I’m almost ambivalent to anything Cowboys these days. Same old crap year after year.
I think most of the older fans are resigned to the fact that this is no longer the franchise we grew to love and will likely never be again.
I watch social media and aside from a few propaganda spreaders most fans are sick of the circus.
I think Jerry pushed his luck too far and does not yet realize what it has cost him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I absolutely care if they re-sign Dak. I don't want them to do it unless he wins us a championship.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak sucks. I think he’s a legit #11-20 starter in this league. The problem is that with him you are never seriously contending and always drafting in the last 5-7 picks. That just feels like no man’s land to me. I think every team should be searching for their Mahomes once it becomes clear that the current nucleus isn’t enough. Blow it up and start over. I get that Jerry is old but if he wants a SB the odds are way better if you start over versus just staying status quo.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Burrow got to a Super Bowl and when he had a chance to win it in the end, he couldn’t do it. He would’ve gotten persecuted by this fan base if he was our QB. He hasn’t gotten back to a Super Bowl since or even played a full season. Allen got the Bills to the conference title game and came up empty. He hasn’t gotten back there since. He has as many playoff losses as Dak and he turns the ball over a lot. This fan base would be complaining about him and you know it. Troy Aikman got bashed by this fan base when we stopped winning Super Bowls.
If Dak had reached any of those heights, I wouldn't be saying it's time to move on. Simple as that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak had reached any of those heights, I wouldn't be saying it's time to move on. Simple as that.
That’s easy for you to say. If he wasn’t getting us over the hump, no matter how close he came fans would want to move on. They would complain we need a QB that can win a championship and that he’s not the guy. Landry tried moving on from Danny White despite three straight NFC title games because he couldn’t get the team over the hump.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That’s easy for you to say. If he wasn’t getting us over the hump, no matter how close he came fans would want to move on. They would complain we need a QB that can win a championship and that he’s not the guy. Landry tried moving on from Danny White despite three straight NFC title games because he couldn’t get the team over the hump.
Geez, you just wanna convolute everything. I wouldn't be as eager to move on if he had done what those guys have already achieved. That is as honest & straightforward as I can say it. Getting there & not being the reason the team lost shows the player might very well get it done in the future.

That's a completely different scenario from Danny. I very much lean toward if a guy can get you to that point three straight times, the problem probably isn't him. Does that mean I would feel that way in every scenario? No. The QB's performance in the losses would have to be taken into account.

Heck, if we had gotten to a couple conference championship games & lost respectably I would probably feel like our recent teams had overachieved or gotten as far as they should have. But they should have gotten further than they have.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think if you really have your heart set on them letting Dak walk, you'll be in for a huge disappointment. I'm fully prepared for him to get a new contract before the season starts.

Owners have different goals than fans. This isn't a computer sim where there is no money involved and everyone has 1 goal. Jerry knows by paying Dak he'll get a lot more back on his investment, even if they don't go to the SB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is total crap. Maybe you should let it play out first before you make such asinine assumptions.

Let Dak lead us to a super bowl game. THEN see what happens.

You live in such a made up fantasy land...just to justify your complete bias agenda. ...it's insanity.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez, you just wanna convolute everything. I wouldn't be as eager to move on if he had done what those guys have already achieved. That is as honest & straightforward as I can say it. Getting there & not being the reason the team lost shows the player might very well get it done in the future.

That's a completely different scenario from Danny. I very much lean toward if a guy can get you to that point three straight times, the problem probably isn't him. Does that mean I would feel that way in every scenario? No. The QB's performance in the losses would have to be taken into account.

Heck, if we had gotten to a couple conference championship games & lost respectably I would probably feel like our recent teams had overachieved or gotten as far as they should have. But they should have gotten further than they have.
You beat me to it. This notion we'd hate Dak if he lead us to a super bowl game? Where do people get off on this total insanity? And why? It makes them feel the superior fan?

Make up lies to make yourself a bigger better fan. CRAZY.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Geez, you just wanna convolute everything. I wouldn't be as eager to move on if he had done what those guys have already achieved.
You might not be as eager, but you would be ready to move on especially with the money Burrow signed for. He’s had numerous injuries that have caused him to miss a lot of games and he’s coming off a wrist injury. You and many others would be frustrated with him and Josh Allen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's a completely different scenario from Danny. I very much lean toward if a guy can get you to that point three straight times, the problem probably isn't him.
The problem was with him. He kept choking when big games were on the line which is why Landry wanted to make a trade with the Colts to get John Elway. White was playing for some terrific teams but he would fold in critical situations. He was horrible against Philly in the NFC title game in 1980. His passer rating was under 40.0. He’s best remembered for the fumble against San Francisco the following year in the NFC title game when the game was on the line. He sucked against Washington in the NFC title game the next year until he got knocked out of the game. I was ready to move on from him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might not be as eager, but you would be ready to move on especially with the money Burrow signed for. He’s had numerous injuries that have caused him to miss a lot of games and he’s coming off a wrist injury. You and many others would be frustrated with him and Josh Allen.
WHy do you have to tear down other QBs to prop Dak?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem was with him. He kept choking when big games were on the line which is why Landry wanted to make a trade with the Colts to get John Elway. White was playing for some terrific teams but he would fold in critical situations. He was horrible against Philly in the NFC title game in 1980. His passer rating was under 40.0. He’s best remembered for the fumble against San Francisco the following year in the NFC title game when the game was on the line. He sucked against Washington in the NFC title game the next year until he got knocked out of the game. I was ready to move on from him.
You just keep tearing down everyone...BUT Dak.

Weird.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if you really have your heart set on them letting Dak walk, you'll be in for a huge disappointment. I'm fully prepared for him to get a new contract before the season starts.

Owners have different goals than fans. This isn't a computer sim where there is no money involved and everyone has 1 goal. Jerry knows by paying Dak he'll get a lot more back on his investment, even if they don't go to the SB.
Isn't going to a super bowl the ultimate payback on investment?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way I see it, the choices are simple…

Give Prescott what he wants, be a contender for the next few years and hope he improves on the big stage…

OR…..

Completely blow it up and understand that they are going to be a bottom ten team until they luck into a Burrow type situation, or they become willing to hire a staff capable of winning without a top QB.

Which do you think Jerry will ultimately choose?
Let me know when we start to be contenders! That sounds great. Its been almost 30 years.