Do you care if we resign Dak?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You might not be as eager, but you would be ready to move on especially with the money Burrow signed for. He’s had numerous injuries that have caused him to miss a lot of games and he’s coming off a wrist injury. You and many others would be frustrated with him and Josh Allen.
Ok, let me be direct. Don't tell me how I feel or would feel.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
All these "if we don't re-sign Dak we're going to be a bottom feeder" posts never seem to mention the 4-1 record during Daks last extended absence

Wonder why?
The Church of Dak.will never draw attention to that. Doing that would make people realize that the 12-5 record for 3 years is more a reflection of the team around him than him.
In the moments when they need him to step up, he wilts and struggles.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’d rather Dallas not sign a big contract, but Dak is a good QB. I’m not sure why Lance is here unless he plays this year he’s gone. Lance isn’t signing some 5 year 25m backup contract if Dak signs….maybe he will, idk.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just sad that you can't have a discourse by stating your own opinions & accepting others without trying to twist what they say. That is home for you so yeah, you've hit it.
I gave my opinion and you gave yours and we disagree. It’s a simple as that. Nothing you said was twisted. It’s time we move on from this discussion.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.

Count me in as firmly in the corner of believing that the team will reach the same type of success or less with an extension to the QB entering his year 9 season. We cannot do anything about it, so it’s difficult to feel anything about the situation (more just wait and see).

I enjoy those trying to argue their points in the pro-extension side. “Dak gives the team the best chance the team has to win a SB right now.” Really? This after you admit that there are 3-4 major factors that the team must address (but have not) in order to compete against the best teams? “Dak is not the reason the Cowboys have not achieved a SB appearance/championship.” He obviously is not a big part of the solution, considering 3 of the past 4 playoff game performances. “You guys are just ultra focused on Dak.” That’s literally this thread topic-see OP. “Look how Washington looked after they got rid of Cousins.” Is that what happens to every team that moves on from a QB? Is Washington this juggernaut just in search of a decent QB? Plus, I thought from other discussions that it’s not all about the QB. Are you going to be the expert to say how much is on the QB and how much is on the rest of the squad?

The team has plateaued and reached the ceiling it can with this QB. That is the most probable truth based on overwhelming evidence. Which is not blaming all the faults of the team on one person, BUT acknowledges the one person is not a big enough part of the solution to extend his contract.

I don't think I have another Green Bay game in me.

Dak has plenty more in him-don’t worry.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those that don’t care if we re-sign Dak either honestly believe he’s no good or could care less if the Cowboys go in the dumpster for a number of years. I’m hearing a lot of fans on this board saying they’re willing to take the risk of moving on from him and seeing what happens. I’m not willing to end up like Washington has since they elected to move on from Kirk Cousins. He’s far from perfect, but he’s pretty good and kept them competitive. There’s a reason he’s still around making big money. It’s because it’s very difficult to find a solid QB. You have teams using high first round picks that are over drafting QBs that shouldn’t have ever been a first round pick because the need is so great. That’s the risk the Cowboys take by not re-signing Dak.
You overvalue Dak and his contributions. By light years. The risk of re-signing Dak is he will always be what he has already shown. Only thing is the salary cap is crippled which actually makes the team worse.

At least "he’s pretty good and kept them competitive" so let's have a parade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You overvalue Dak and his contributions. By light years. The risk of re-signing Dak is he will always be what he has already shown. Only thing is the salary cap is crippled which actually makes the team worse.

At least "he’s pretty good and kept them competitive" so let's have a parade.
I’m not overvaluing him at all. Had we gotten stuck with an average to bad QB the past eight years like Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook, who we tried trading up for we likely would have been sitting home for the playoffs for most of them. What he’s already shown is he’s made us a very good football team that’s had a chance in the playoffs most of the years he’s been here. We’ve already been over this.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The way I see it, the choices are simple…

Give Prescott what he wants, be a contender for the next few years and hope he improves on the big stage…

OR…..

Completely blow it up and understand that they are going to be a bottom ten team until they luck into a Burrow type situation, or they become willing to hire a staff capable of winning without a top QB.

Which do you think Jerry will ultimately choose?
All the coaches contracts expire after the 2024 season. I believe Jerry has already made up his mind.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont care as I have no control over that, or what happens either way !

But with dak it will be same as last few years, and without it would be more interesting and new.
I just dont think jerry or his boy have the kahonas to let dak and or lamb go and get a new HC.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The way I see it, the choices are simple…

Give Prescott what he wants, be a contender for the next few years and hope he improves on the big stage…

OR…..

Completely blow it up and understand that they are going to be a bottom ten team until they luck into a Burrow type situation, or they become willing to hire a staff capable of winning without a top QB.

Which do you think Jerry will ultimately choose?
There's a third option, which probably is the one that Jerry's playing for,.......the career ending contract, which allows heavy backloaded restructuring.

GMO415

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.
Can Lance get us 12 wins with more talent around him, Yes. Can he then go on and crap the bed in the playoffs for $25 Mil instead of $55 Mil, Yes.

I am first and foremost a Dallas Cowboys fan. I have never been "name that player" fan. When Emmitt played for ARZ he was dead to me.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You don’t see me accusing you of anything. I’m just bored with the discussion. :thumbup:
Cause there isn't anything to accuse me of. I didn't accuse you, I simply stated facts.

Your "bored" seems a lot like "He won't let me twist his words. I've got nothing else". :thumbup:

pitt33

Reaction score
Yes and that's why you need to pick early in the draft to find a good one like Burrows or Allen. Let's face it, The majority of QBs that are winning super bowls are first-round picks. It takes pedigree to beat pedigree!
Nothing more needs to be said in regards to a team advancing in the NFL playoffs.

Second tier quarterbacks hold a team back.