Benched
Reaction score
[strike]Janie's[/strike] Granny's got a gun

Erin.jpg

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;3323041 said:
We have the same home defense system: locked doors, alarm system (also calls the fire department in the case of fire detection which is much more likely than home invasion) and aluminum bat in the master bedroom.

I also put in some really bright motion detection lights for nighttime to scare anyone from snooping around too much.
Never bring a bat to a gun fight.
Like it or not,bad people exist,and sometimes they want your stuff so bad they are willing to break into your home in the middle of the night,alarm or not.Why?because the typical robbery takes a couple of minutes.By the time the alarm company calls/the cops responds it is simply too late.
However,the distinctive sound of a shotgun being cocked will let burglars understand that they are seconds away from possibly meeting their maker.

Keep your bat,I'll keep my shotgun.

Eskimo

Reaction score
MetalHead;3323106 said:
Never bring a bat to a gun fight.
Like it or not,bad people exist,and sometimes they want your stuff so bad they are willing to break into your home in the middle of the night,alarm or not.Why?because the typical robbery takes a couple of minutes.By the time the alarm company calls/the cops responds it is simply too late.
However,the distinctive sound of a shotgun being cocked will let burglars understand that they are seconds away from possibly meeting their maker.

Keep your bat,I'll keep my shotgun.

There have been no break-ins with people home in my neighbourhood in 3 years - sometimes it is a matter of where you live. Crime mostly stays segregated to the bad parts of town in Edmonton.

Bizwah

Reaction score
zrinkill;3321149 said:
Woohoo!

A Starblazers reference.

My favorite japanimation of all time.

best

show

ever

Just got my eight year old son hooked.....thank God for netflix!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I have a Browning Auto-5 Shotgun that's at least 40 years old and a Winchester Model 1894 .30-30 that's from the early 1900s.

Everyone in the family has a handgun... my wife has a 9mm Sig Sauer P239, I have a .45 Sig. My son has a .40 Glock sub compact and my daughter has a titanium Taurus .38 Special.

I have a couple of .22 rifles and a .22 Colt semi-auto handgun.

My crown jewel, though, is the Christmas present my wife game me a couple years ago... a Calico Liberty 9mm with the 100 round magazine. It's really an awesome weapon.

CLWSLIB100lg.jpg

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Hostile;3322927 said:
I think it is pointless to try and talk someone into a reason to own a gun if they don't want a gun. Chances are every scenario you can come up with for how a gun could be a benefit is a scenario they have already considered and feel is so remote a chance that it is not worth it to them.

I respect someone's rights not to own a gun. All I ask in return is they respect my rights to own them. Most of the time that is not a problem. There are some people who are not content to not own guns. They think no one should. Luckily they are rare. Vocal, but rare. I think most people who don't like guns can accept that others do.

It's just a matter of preference.

Yep. The fence between the two sides is very tall indeed.

Eskimo

Reaction score
To me handguns are okay.

Rifles and shotguns are okay.

I just don't like the idea of automatic weapons/machine guns being available to the general public. Those are military weapons and not really meant for home protection or hunting. I shudder to think what some whack job could do with one of those things in a public setting.

Otherwise, own all the guns you want. Just use and store them legally and responsibly.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Eskimo;3323462 said:
To me handguns are okay.

I just don't like the idea of automatic weapons/machine guns being available to the general public. Those are military weapons and not really meant for home protection or hunting. I shudder to think what some whack job could do with one of those things in a public setting.

Otherwise, own all the guns you want. Just use and store them legally and responsibly.

It's not exactly easy to purchase or maintain ownership of an automatic weapon. A whack job with an organic chemistry book from a local library, a credit card, and a Home Depot nearby could do more damage than they whack job your worried about.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Eskimo;3323462 said:
To me handguns are okay.

You do know the difference between a "semi auto" and a "automatic" weapon? Unfortunately some people use emotion instead of reason.

colt_mt6731.jpg

This is a Colt AR in .223. It will fire One time every time you pull the trigger. It just looks scary. ;)

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3323503 said:
You do know the difference between a "semi auto" and a "automatic" weapon? Unfortunately some people use emotion instead of reason.

colt_mt6731.jpg

This is a Colt AR in .223. It will fire One time every time you pull the trigger. It just looks scary. ;)

Love at first sight for me. :D

xm8b.jpg

This baby however, is a beauty as well. Parts and pieces of it are going into the HK416 that the military, from my understanding, is phasing into the M4 and M16's.

http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products/hk416_general.asp

History Channel did a piece on it at the end of their M16 episode.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3323509 said:
Love at first sight for me. :D

xm8b.jpg

This baby however, is a beauty as well. Parts and pieces of it are going into the HK416 that the military, from my understanding, is phasing into the M4 and M16's.

http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products/hk416_general.asp

History Channel did a piece on it at the end of their M16 episode.
This is my "love at first sight" gun.

[youtube]p4ebtj1jR7c[/youtube]

I want one.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just ordered my own version of personal Artillery: 45-70 Bison Bull with 10" Barrell. With the hot loads I will put in it it can go right through an old fashioned Iron Engine Block and splatter anyone it hits.

kimorah86

Reaction score
I dont own a gun but i want one at the same time i don't. I would love to go to a shooting range to shoot a gun i never did that before