Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

Starrlord

Reaction score
GB. Stafford is way better than Love. I still think the Bears beat them however as they are the hot team right now.
No he is not lol. Love has outplayed Stafford by a wide mile this season. Love has had the best QB season statistically, aside from Dak, Lamar, and maybe Purdy.

Aven8

Reaction score
No he is not lol. Love has outplayed Stafford by a wide mile this season. Love has had the best QB season statistically, aside from Dak, Lamar, and maybe Purdy.
He was very bad in October and November.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Love has had a strong year and, since the bye week Stafford has been healthy and fantastic the 2nd half of season entering the playoffs. 15 TDs and 3 ints and about a 112 passer rating in last 6 games is strong.

At least for now, in this year's playoffs
Stafford > Love

As far as season long stats, combining passer rating and TDs-Turnovers ranking....Love is 9th...or about the same as Goff and Mayfield and all three are ahead of Stafford due to his poor 1st half of season.

Last edited:

Starrlord

Reaction score
He was very bad in October and November.
Love has been on fire these last 7 games. Even his rough stretch in October wasn't nearly as bad as people act, when you look at his statistics.

Regardless, Love's season numbers safely obliterate Staffords.

Starrlord

Reaction score
Love has had a strong year and, since the bye week Stafford has been healthy and fantastic the 2nd half of season entering the playoffs.

Stafford > Love
Love has had a better overall season, and a better second half of the season. If we go purely by this season, Love > by a pretty good margin.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Love has had a better overall season, and a better second half of the season. If we go purely by this season, Love > by a pretty good margin.
I bet no coach in the league would take Love over Stafford for this year's playoffs.

And if you look down the stretch....last 6 games....I'd say they were both great but Stafford was better
Add in that he's done it in the playoffs recently and I would prefer him.

It's all opinion though.
Saying "its not close" and "by a good margin" is a bit over the top, but whatever.
You are entitled to your opinion

Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
I would take Green Bay, not so much because of how they match up vs Dallas but more because of how the Rams match up with San Francisco,,, they might be the ones San Fran doesn't want to see most.

Starrlord

Reaction score
Love has had a strong year and, since the bye week Stafford has been healthy and fantastic the 2nd half of season entering the playoffs. 15 TDs and 3 ints and about a 112 passer rating in last 6 games is strong.

Stafford > Love

As far as season long stats, combining passer rating and TDs-Turnovers ranking....Love is 9th...or about the same as Goff and Mayfield and all three are ahead of Stafford due to his poor 1st half of season.
Combing passer rating, TDs, Turnovers? What do you mean? Who combines those into one metric?

Love has the 3rd most TD passes, 2nd most total TDs, 2nd lowest INT percentage, and 2nd best TD to INT ratio on the season. He is easily having a better season then Stafford. And anyone not named Dak, Purdy, Lamar.

I bet no coach in the league would take Love over Stafford for this year's playoffs.

And if you look down the stretch....last 6 games....I'd say they were bot great but Stafford was better
Add in that he's done it in the playoffs recently and I would prefer him.

It's all opinion though.
Saying its not close and by a good margin is a bit over the top, but whatever.
You are entitled to your opinion
In the last 7 games Love leads the league in TD passes, total TDs, least INTs, TD to INT ratio, and passer rating.

When you only factor in the last 7 games it gets even more lopsided in Love's favor

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Both teams are dangerous honestly. Naturally you want the less experienced QB but at the same time he's so young he doesn't necessarily know what to fear. I saw GB go into Detroit and dismantle them. Doesn't really matter.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Love has been on fire these last 7 games. Even his rough stretch in October wasn't nearly as bad as people act, when you look at his statistics.

Regardless, Love's season numbers safely obliterate Staffords.
Love has had one of the weirder seasons by a QB in a long time.

In the 1st half of the season where he often looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn (~50%+ completion rate) and honestly looked like the 32nd best QB in the league to becoming a Top 3 passer in the 2nd half of the season.

His transformation this season is one it took Josh Allen 2-3 seasons to make.

I don't know if it coaching, Love improving, or all those good young WRs figuring things out (or maybe it was all 3), however, I don't recall an in-season transformation as dramatic as Love has had this year.

Carson

Reaction score
I would take Green Bay, not so much because of how they match up vs Dallas but more because of how the Rams match up with San Francisco,,, they might be the ones San Fran doesn't want to see most.
This is It. Rams and Dallas are probably the only two teams talented enough to take out the Rams and even its difficult to trust Dallas.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Rams rookie DT has 9 sacks already. Will Mazi get that many in his career?

slick325

Reaction score
Dallas, at home, can beat either team. I'd take Green Bay as my first pick. The lights may be too bright for Love in his 1st playoff appearance. Stafford has been there and done that. Although Dallas beat them earlier, they are different with the RB back there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Combing passer rating, TDs, Turnovers? What do you mean? Who combines those into one metric?

Love has the 3rd most TD passes, 2nd most total TDs, 2nd lowest INT percentage, and 2nd best TD to INT ratio on the season. He is easily having a better season then Stafford. And anyone not named Dak, Purdy, Lamar.

In the last 7 games Love leads the league in TD passes, total TDs, least INTs, TD to INT ratio, and passer rating.

When you only factor in the last 7 games it gets even more lopsided in Love's favor
I did say last 6 games.
But even then, last 7...no doubt how they have played is that span is far more important than early season.
Hey, even Full Season QBR.....Safford is 6th, Love is 9th.

I won't look deeper, but I notice in those 7 games both Love and Stafford had 16 TD passes...... haven't calculated their passer ratings or QBR in last 6 games. I assume its very similar
I know Love is playing great

My point was the playoffs and who I would rather take.

You would prefer Love
I would prefer Stafford
For the Playoffs

no big deal

perrykemp

Reaction score
I did say last 6 games.
But even then, last 7...no doubt how they have played i that span is far more important than early season.

I won't look deeper, but I notice in those 7 games both Love and Stafford had 16 TD passes...... haven't calculated their passer ratings in last 6 games. I assume its very similar
I know Love is playing great and agree that the most recent 6-7 games

My point was the playoffs and who you would rather take.
Hey, even Full Season QBR.....Safford is 6th, Love is 9th.

You would prefer Love
I would prefer Stafford
For the Playoffs

no big deal
I think your general point is right. Love has looked really good recently but is a complete unknown as it relates to playing in the playoffs vs Stafford who has also been playing well (maybe slightly less well than Love) but led his team to the Superbowl a few years ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think your general point is right. Love has looked really good recently but is a complete unknown as it relates to playing in the playoffs vs Stafford who has also been playing well (maybe slightly less well than Love) but led his team to the Superbowl a few years ago.
That sums it up.
Thanks

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Green Bay's 4-5 on the road and they'd face a big, boisterous crowd with the game here. As we know, in a one and done tournament we might see a visiting team playing over their heads. I look forward to it.
Hope your right. Past DC home games vs.GB you see a lot of cheese in the seats. Dang DC "fans".

MS17

Reaction score
Hope your right. Past DC home games vs.GB you see a lot of cheese in the seats. Dang DC "fans".
Yes. Reminds me of one of the greatest "Yogi isms" ever. "I love playing home play-off games. Especially when they're at home" (or something similar to that).