Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

Flamma

Reaction score
An opinion that cannot be proven. I will not argue the point because that will not prove anything either but waste time.

What will happen shall happen. There is no reason for anyone to fret over variables completely out of their hands to control.
An opinion held by many. But since both scenarios didn't play out, we'll never know. That year we got our butts kicked at home by the 49ers with Elvis Grbac at QB. I had zero confidence we'd beat them in the playoffs.

When Green Bay won, I think most Cowboys fans knew we were returning to the SB. Dallas beat that GB team 6 straight times.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the team or teams that run the ball best, dont turn it over and dont draw too many flags, will win post season games. As always.

CWR

Reaction score
Give me Green Bay all day.

Rams are 6-1 in their last 7 games, with that 1 loss coming in OT at Baltimore. They'd probably be the hottest 7 seed in the history of 7 seeds, in this new playoff format.

Green Bay is a Jekyll and Hyde team that can either look great or like one of the worst teams in football on any given day.

McCarthy needs his revenge vs the Pack too.
:thumbup:
Yes I want to end GBs season. Screw then and their fans. Please give us the honor.

MS17

Reaction score
Green Bay's 4-5 on the road and they'd face a big, boisterous crowd with the game here. As we know, in a one and done tournament we might see a visiting team playing over their heads. I look forward to it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Packers or Saints. Let's not forget Packers beating Chicago is no guarantee. Last 7 games Chicago has looked like a Top 10 team.

I definitely would not wanna play the Rams. They played the Browns and Ravens much better than the 49ers did. Also.... having the Rams around could give us a chance of someone upsetting the Niners. I guess the Eagles could do it, but the Rams is probably the best chance.
Yep that's my take. I want the Rams to have the 7th seed and knock off the 49'ers. Then we could have the NFC championship at home!

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but since the Rams are resting their players they modt probably will lose their game and if GB wins, the Rams get the 7th seed. Only if both the Rams and GB lose, do the Rams get back to 6th, then we face other possibilities like the Seahawks…

DFWJC

Reaction score
Although the Rams are very young with about half the starters being rookies (contenders for both OROY and DROY) or 2nd year players, Aaron Donald and Stafford are not.
Those two, along with 4 others get to rest….and it should help.

Fwiw, the 49ers are resting a bunch too….including Purdy , CMC, Kittle and others
That game could go either way

bigE79

Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
Stafford is a statue so I rather face the rams,we have a hell of a time with mobile QBs

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Give me Green Bay. They aren't coming to us and winning, neither are the Eagles in the divisional round.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get the "win whoever you play" mentality, and it's not wrong, but I am taking Green Bay here 10 times out of 10.

I'm all about having a season like water and taking the path of least resistance.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Rams are good enough to be dangerous.to any team in the league. They have won their last three games and six out their last seven with the only loss in overtime against the Ravens.

When you only look at the most recent 7 games The Rams are a top five in almost every offensive category. During these most recent games, Stafford has been a top five in almost every category for a QB. He is a Pro Bowler this season.

Their RB, Kyren Williams is a Pro Bowler averaging 5 yards a carry. Their receiver, Nakua, is also a Pro Bowler and is 3rd in receiving yards behind only Tyrek and CeeDee.

Their defense is pedestrian but their offense is averaging 29.2 points a game over the past 7 weeks.

With a little luck and some help from a an uninspired Cowboys, the Ram are perfectly capable of making a game very uncomfortable.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The irony of much of this conversation. Last year we didnt win the division, had the 5th seed but yet got to play the 8-9 Bucs and had little trouble winning. Now we should be division winners and #2 seed and instead of having an easier match up we are all a bit worried.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Honestly we should beat any NFC team apart from the niners at home.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Rams might be the hottest team going into the playoffs. The power rankings of the NFC probably look like:

1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Cowboys
4. Lions
5. Bucs
6. Packers
7. Eagles

If the playoffs plays out in that order, it would look like this:

Wildcard:

(2) Cowboys > (7) Packers
(6) Rams > (3) Lions
(4) Bucs > (5) Eagles

Divisional:

(1) 49ers > (6) Rams
(2) Cowboys > (4) Bucs

Conference:

(1) 49ers > (2) Cowboys

Techsass

Reaction score
Which would send them to Dallas for the NFCCG.

There's no avoiding the Rams.
If we have to play San Francisco, whatever. It's just that we don't seem to match up well against them. That's why I'd like somebody to knock them out of the running.
The Rams should be a good game, but I'd rather play them after they eliminate San Francisco.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Doesn't matter, the Cowboys can lose to both. They are also capable of destroying both. Both are hard running teams and that is the Cowboys achilles.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rams might be the hottest team going into the playoffs. The power rankings of the NFC probably look like:

1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Cowboys
4. Lions
5. Bucs
6. Packers
7. Eagles

If the playoffs plays out in that order, it would look like this:

Wildcard:

(2) Cowboys > (7) Packers
(6) Rams > (3) Lions
(4) Bucs > (5) Eagles

Divisional:

(1) 49ers > (6) Rams
(2) Cowboys > (4) Bucs

Conference:

(1) 49ers > (2) Cowboys
That cannot be close to the rankings.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams are dangerous and Packers are simply not good.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I prefer to beat Washington, which we haven't done yet to win the division. Then I don't care who we beat at home. 16 wins in a row.