Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

75boyz

Reaction score
Green Bay for me. While having a young QB on the rise and nice bunch of young receivers their defense is still suspect imo.
I think the Rams bring a little more playoff experience, better QB and defense to the table.
So I'd prefer to play the lesser team, the Packers.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I don't care if they can't beat either of those teams at home they aren't real contenders to begin with.

Creeper

Reaction score
People are saying the Rams are a hot team, but they should have lost to the Giants. The Giants ran a 2 pt play after a TD to take the lead and Taylor missed a wide open Barkley on a short easy throw or the Giants would have won. Or they could have kicked the extra point and tied the game. I respect the Rams but I question if they are that good. At the same time, maybe playing a team we have not played this year at home is the better way to go.

perrykemp

Reaction score
People are saying the Rams are a hot team, but they should have lost to the Giants.
By that measure the Cowboys at one of the coldest teams in the NFL having lost two in a row to Buffalo and Miami and "almost' losing to the Lions last week.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
I’ll take GB over the Rams. I don’t want to see Aaron Donald and Stafford in a playoff game. They have 2 great Wrs too. No thanks.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Packers fan here hoping to be posting here next week. I remember wanting the Giants to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs a few years ago (Favres last year) because they were an "easier" match for the Packers than the Cowboy. The Cowboys had beat them easily earlier in the year. The Giants won at Dallas then came to Green Bay and beat the Packers. Be careful what you wish for.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't care. You have to beat every team you face in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
The Rams are the better team. But don't sleep on GB. Jordan Love can get hot but his receivers are decent but not great.

Creeper

Reaction score
By that measure the Cowboys at one of the coldest teams in the NFL having lost two in a row to Buffalo and Miami and "almost' losing to the Lions last week.
I don't know about the coldest team in the NFL, but I would say the Cowboys are certainly not peaking at this point after losing 2 and underperforming on offense for 3 consecutive games.

kskboys

Reaction score
True. Which is why I want this team facing toughness.

I‘ll go a step further. I want this team to play SF. Don’t care what round. If this team is ever going to exercise its demons and earn some respect, that’s the way to do it. I hope we play SF in SF.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mardwin

Reaction score
Same difference.

The Rams, Packers and even Seahawks all present the exact same issues.

People in this forum love to talk up the other teams against Dallas. We are no slouch and the records/metrics show we are pretty good. Whomever we play at home we are feasting.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We owe both GB and LAR a playoff beatdown. Now that the curse is clearly broken with Jimmy going into the ROH—

We Gunna

lateimpartialblackfly-max-1mb-gif.2584297

DFWJC

Reaction score
People in this forum love to talk up the other teams against Dallas. We are no slouch and the records/metrics show we are pretty good. Whomever we play at home we are feasting.
Cowboys will be clear favorites vs any of those 3 teams.
I suspect the quickly developing Rams team could be an issue for someone in the first round. but even then, the Cowboys would be the favorite for a reason.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yea, because what I totally said was "all three of those teams are better than Dallas."

It's not like they killed Seattle.

Bagman

Reaction score
Would the Rams prefer a 16-0 homefield juggernaut (Dallas) or play the Lions in Detroit ? I think it's in their best interests to secure the #6 seed to AVOID going to Dallas. Since the 49ers will be resting half their team, the Rams could easily beat them and secure #6 seed.